Any software related topics go in here.
GreyWolf
Processor: PHENOM II 945
Motherboard: Asus M4A78
Graphics card: HIS ICEQ 4850 1GB
Memory: 4GB CORSAIR XMS II 1066

Need help with Pastel Evolution

Post by GreyWolf »

I wonder if any of you will be able to help me please.

1. Have a client who has a website
2. Said client runs Pastel Evolution
3. Client want to put Pastel catalog on-line and enable a simple ordering system. Not full e-commerce. Basically the website will need to read product and stock levels, in order for visitors to be able to order. The order system will not even be automated, orders will be e-mailed to an employee who will handle everything.
4. Pastel E-business is out of the question because : a) E-business hosts all their e-commerce databases, there is no option to host it on your own server. b) E-business seems excessive for the job required

The Pastel Evolution SDK seems to be only for people developing off-line applications.

Do you guys know of any Pastel developers site / forum where I can start to learn how to start working on the project? I have been googling all day, but all I get is the Pastel website and it is hardly helpful.

Thanks.
"Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist that black flag, and begin slitting throats."
- H. L. Mancken
rustypup

Re: Need help with Pastel Evolution

Post by rustypup »

you have access to a local DB?

push comes to shove, you integrate order skeleton into DB and use the SDK to produce an order...
Most people would sooner die than think; in fact, they do so - Bertrand Russel