JoB Hunting

A place for all tech stuff that doesn't really belong anywhere else.
vayron

JoB Hunting

Post by vayron »

I need input on good recruitment companies for the IT field as i just ended my studes in 2010 , I dont have lots of experience and there are not alot of jobs that are willing to take new students please help i am curently studing to get all my internasional as it is only nasional at current date working to get mcitp and comptia certifed

please help live in johansburg are will to work in midrand , fourways ,sandton ,roodepoort
chowzen

Re: JoB Hunting

Post by chowzen »

No offense, but clean up your spelling man, first impressions last...
-Prometheus-
Resident Drama Llama

Post by -Prometheus- »

........................................................................................................................................................................................................
........................................................................................................................................................................................................
Last edited by -Prometheus- on 04 Apr 2011, 03:42, edited 1 time in total.
BBLounge - Broadband and Technology forum
Please like our facebook page
Nuke
Processor: Xeon E5620
Motherboard: Asus P6T6 Workstation
Graphics card: MSI GTX770
Memory: 24GB Hynix

Post by Nuke »

Agreed. Most of the time I don't even look at a post if it looks like it is typed by my sister on Mxit. Even when typing an SMS I type it like a letter. I'm far from a Grammer Nazi, but atleast people can read what I type.

What certifications do you have?
RiaX

Post by RiaX »

wow thats some terrible english. This is why the universities across the nation have decided to deduct marks for poor writing. You need good english if you are going to pass the interview stage
vayron

Post by vayron »

first sorry for the spelling i am afrikaans

next : mcitp a+ n+ all nasional currently
Tribble
Processor: Intel Core i7-4770K CPU@3.50GHz
Motherboard: ACPI x64-based PC
Graphics card: GeForce GTX 780 Ti
Memory: 16GB

Post by Tribble »

Forgiven - just load a spell checker ;-)

The Sunday papers contain a job section which has recruitment companies adverts listed. Even if there isn't a specific job advertised that interests you - contact the company as they are selective about which ads they put in the paper.
-Prometheus-
Resident Drama Llama

Post by -Prometheus- »

Last edited by -Prometheus- on 04 Apr 2011, 03:44, edited 1 time in total.
BBLounge - Broadband and Technology forum
Please like our facebook page
Sojourn

Post by Sojourn »

pnet
KALSTER
Forum Moderator

Post by KALSTER »

Jobrapido
"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." - Aristotle
Intel i5 2500; AsRock Z77 Extreme 4; Asus GTX580; 4x 2GB DDR3 1333; Intel 520 240GB SSD + 2x WD 3TB + 2TB Samsung; Samsung 22X DVD/RW; 23" LG W2343T-PF; Huntkey 700W
chowzen

Post by chowzen »

Being afrikaans is not a good excuse. I am afrikaans.
Moving along swiftly, Pnet is great.
ryanrich
Forum Moderator

Post by ryanrich »

Pnet and Career Junction are about the best for IT.
IcePick88

Post by IcePick88 »

chowzen wrote:Being afrikaans is not a good excuse. I am afrikaans.
+1. These days everything is in English and working in a IT environment, it will test your English vocabulary (verbal and written) to the fullest.

I'm Afrikaans and many people think I'm English. Go figure.
ryanrich wrote:Pnet and Career Junction are about the best for IT.
+1.
CPU: AMD Phenom II X2 555 (OC'ed to 3.8Ghz)
CPU Cooler: CM Hyper TX3 P/P
GPU: Sapphire Radeon HD5850
Motherboard: Asus M4A785T-M
Memory: 4GB Corsair XMS3 DDR3 1333
Case: Zalman Z7
Display: Samsung Syncmaster 2243BWX
Ron2K
Forum Technical Administrator

Post by Ron2K »

IcePick88 wrote:
chowzen wrote:Being afrikaans is not a good excuse. I am afrikaans.
+1. These days everything is in English and working in a IT environment, it will test your English vocabulary (verbal and written) to the fullest.
Exactly. As a native English speaker myself, I was a bit hesitant to point this out before (I have a tendency of giving leeway for non-English speakers, so long as they're not being lazy - a byproduct of contributing to some international open-source projects in the past), but IcePick raises a good point: English is the de facto working language of IT, and in a business environment, you'll need to be proficient in English to get anywhere.
Kia kaha, Kia māia, Kia manawanui.
Tribble
Processor: Intel Core i7-4770K CPU@3.50GHz
Motherboard: ACPI x64-based PC
Graphics card: GeForce GTX 780 Ti
Memory: 16GB

Post by Tribble »

At worst you need to use a spell checker
vayron

Post by vayron »

I want to do my international this coming months as i was thinking i must do the following 70-640 , 642 , 646 and then for the service desk part do the vista 620 and 622 as i will have to first get a junior job or should i just do the mcitp Enterprise administrator radder .

I don't have my A+ comptia so must i do it also what will be a good combo for now to get a job (where can i do a internship) .

i hoped IE speller help you read my message
Siemens
Location: somewhere over the rainbow where katie melua is running from me.

Post by Siemens »

Do yourself a favour and start reading english books, magazines or even just internet articles. Do it as often as what you can. You really need it.
"Friends are a lot like potatoes. If you eat them they die." - Stuart
KALSTER
Forum Moderator

Post by KALSTER »

Good idea. Read as much as you can, but not only fluff pieces. Read some real literature, like Asimov, Aldiss, Silverberg, Simak, Heinlein, Clarke, etc :)

We Afrikaans people often sound stupid when we speak or write English. Try your best not to be thought of as an idiot.

Hopefully someone will actually answer your questions soon. ;)
"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." - Aristotle
Intel i5 2500; AsRock Z77 Extreme 4; Asus GTX580; 4x 2GB DDR3 1333; Intel 520 240GB SSD + 2x WD 3TB + 2TB Samsung; Samsung 22X DVD/RW; 23" LG W2343T-PF; Huntkey 700W
IcePick88

Post by IcePick88 »

Ok, I'll answer you questions.

Do your A+ and N+ first. That is a good intro. Even if you know all the stuff, companies like to see some form of certification. The bare minimum these days for a junior job somewhere will be these two. Some, if not most companies require experience. Offer your services to a place for free for say 6 months if you can to gain that experience that you can put on your CV. From there if you do a good job, they might employ you.

Then while you are working do the MCITP courses and exams.

Like Siemens and Kalster said. Read more English. Speak it more often and try and get your pronunciation of words right.

Radder I guess is rather? Prime example.

All this English things are really important. If you speak to a client and sound like a dumb dutchman (I'm allowed to say that as I am a Afrikaans person :lol: :lol: and I'm not saying you are) then their first impression of you might not be a good one.

I always strive to be as professional as possible at work and speaking/writing English properly is of the utmost importance.
Hope you do well.
CPU: AMD Phenom II X2 555 (OC'ed to 3.8Ghz)
CPU Cooler: CM Hyper TX3 P/P
GPU: Sapphire Radeon HD5850
Motherboard: Asus M4A785T-M
Memory: 4GB Corsair XMS3 DDR3 1333
Case: Zalman Z7
Display: Samsung Syncmaster 2243BWX
chowzen

Post by chowzen »

IcePick88 is right..but another place you can try and go to is places like incredible connection, matrix warehouse and computer corporations, they hire junior guys and people without a lot of experience, these are not the (imo) the best places, but it is a starting point. Go to them, and have a chat, see what they say...
RiaX

Post by RiaX »

lol ok guys he knows his english needs work stop commenting on it now and making him feel stupid .... not cool