Cold boot error

Any hardware related topics go here.
Vector1

Cold boot error

Post by Vector1 »

Recently baught a new i7 rig with an Asus P8P67 MOBO. Take note - This BIOS version 0402 is flawed and the cause of many headaches. Seems as though majority of people complain about a similar problem.
What happens is this:
The PC would run 100% as long as I want it to. When starting up after a shutdown the PC simply start its post and then shuts down, this process is repeated continiously without getting past the post. I literally have to swop my monitor plug from the one connector on my graphics card to the other. That is a temporary fix. The BIOS also does not recognize memory faster than 1333 or larger than 4gig. According to sevaral forums a simple BIOS update will solve the problem. Will try that tonight and let you know.
Any suggestion on where to get the latest BIOS version?
lancelot

Re: Cold boot error

Post by lancelot »

Vector1 have you checked your PSU?

Regarding the bios does their (Asus) site not have the latest bios? That is where I would expect to find it.

here

Go to the link, it is there.

This is under downloads, there are bios files there.
Hman
Processor: Intel i5 650
Motherboard: Asus P7H55-M LX
Graphics card: Gigabyte 7850 2GB OC
Memory: 8GB Kingston DDR3

Post by Hman »

I'd only trust the board manufacturer to supply the bios, getting it from other sources is risky to say the least.
"Every thinking man is a drinking man."

Member of the Barberton Tigers
hamin_aus
Forum Moderator
Processor: Intel i7 3770K
Motherboard: GA-Z77X-UP4 TH
Graphics card: Galax GTX1080
Memory: 32GB G.Skill Ripjaws

Post by hamin_aus »

Vector1 wrote:Any suggestion on where to get the latest BIOS version?
Your nearest BP service station...

or if you have any sense, follow Lancelot's link :P

Just make very sure you are getting the correct BIOS for your mobo, because there are several variants of that P8P67 board, and the one he linked to is the vanilla one...
lancelot

Post by lancelot »

Damn, I thought it was the Pistachio!
Sojourn

Post by Sojourn »

Have the same board.
Just be aware that you can return that mobo as it is flawed as per Intel's admission. (Sata voltage issue).
Talk to your vendor and confirm a return date where you will get a free replacement on Intel's account.
Afaik the replacements are not avail yet, so just contact your vendor and make them aware of your intention to return it.
Last edited by Sojourn on 16 Feb 2011, 09:39, edited 1 time in total.
doo_much

Post by doo_much »

Saw the Topic Subject right after reading this and couldn't help but have a lol! :lol:
MOOD - Thirsty

A surprising amount of modern pseudoscience is coming out of the environmental sector. Perhaps it should not be so surprising given that environmentalism is political rather than scientific.
Timothy Casey
Vector1

Post by Vector1 »

jamin_za wrote:
Vector1 wrote:Any suggestion on where to get the latest BIOS version?
Your nearest BP service station...

or if you have any sense, follow Lancelot's link :P

Just make very sure you are getting the correct BIOS for your mobo, because there are several variants of that P8P67 board, and the one he linked to is the vanilla one...
HEHE! I really like you :mrgreen: :mrgreen: - In a good way that is. I find your comments very ammusing. Thanks man. Your knowledge is great. Thanks to all you guys for the reply. :thumbright:
-Prometheus-
Resident Drama Llama

Post by -Prometheus- »

........................................................................................................................................................................................................
........................................................................................................................................................................................................
Last edited by -Prometheus- on 04 Apr 2011, 03:34, edited 1 time in total.
BBLounge - Broadband and Technology forum
Please like our facebook page
Slimshaedy

Post by Slimshaedy »

Are you gona replace your mobo or just leave it as is? I hope I don't have any issues when I get mine up and running one day...
[i7 2600K @ 4.6 ghz 1.35V] [Asus P8P67 Deluxe] [G-Skill RipjawsX 2x2GB DDR3 1600 CL6 (6-8-6-24) 1.5V]
[Sapphire Radeon 6870 @ 975/1200 1.2V] [Coolermaster V6 GT] [WD Caviar Black 640GB SATA3 6Gbps]
[Samsung SA350 23" LED] [NZXT Phantom White] [Corsair TX750W V2] [Zalman RS6F-USB 5.1 Surround Sound Headphones] My rig and benchmarks
Vector1

Post by Vector1 »

Problem solved. Updated BIOS to version 1204. Cold boot error NO-MORE. That seems to be it for now. Just hope the voltage issue of sata 2-5 don't screw around on my MOBO.