Woooosh (cell C Mobile internet)

A place for all tech stuff that doesn't really belong anywhere else.
Mclaren

Woooosh (cell C Mobile internet)

Post by Mclaren »

Just got woooosh (cell C Mobile internet), man its fast. Lovely.
Last edited by Mclaren on 13 Dec 2010, 07:21, edited 1 time in total.
Anakha56
Forum Administrator
Processor: Ryzen 1700K
Motherboard: Asus X370
Graphics card: Asus 1060 Strix
Memory: 16GB RAM

Re: Woooosh

Post by Anakha56 »

So give me one reason why this thread should not be deleted? :? A link or something would be nice... :?
JUSTICE, n A commodity which is a more or less adulterated condition the State sells to the citizen as a reward for his allegiance, taxes and personal service.
RuadRauFlessa

Post by RuadRauFlessa »

I was thinking in the lines of.... Unsuccessful troll is unsuccessful
:rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock:
Spoiler (show)
Intel Core i7-2600k @ 3.4GHz
Corsair Vengence 2x4GB DDR3 2000MHz
Thermaltake Toughpower 850W
ASUS nVidia GTX560 1GB
CoolerMaster HAF 932
Anakha56
Forum Administrator

Post by Anakha56 »

Ruad I have to agree with you there, even a Google search gives arb junk. However lets give OP a few minutes to clear his name otherwise it gets deleted...
JUSTICE, n A commodity which is a more or less adulterated condition the State sells to the citizen as a reward for his allegiance, taxes and personal service.
Mclaren

Post by Mclaren »

What gives ?? I'm just letting people know that i am happy with Cell C s new mobile connection, thats all.
hamin_aus
Forum Moderator
Processor: Intel i7 3770K
Motherboard: GA-Z77X-UP4 TH
Graphics card: Galax GTX1080
Memory: 32GB G.Skill Ripjaws

Post by hamin_aus »

8ta
Anakha56
Forum Administrator

Post by Anakha56 »

Mclaren wrote:Just got woooosh, man its fast. Lovely.
Mclaren wrote:What gives ?? I'm just letting people know that i am happy with Cell C s new mobile connection, thats all.
So please tell me where in your first post did you say Cell C? :? How the frig am I meant to deduce woooosh from there? For all I know you farted... :?
-Prometheus-
Resident Drama Llama

Post by -Prometheus- »

........................................................................................................................................................................................................
........................................................................................................................................................................................................
Last edited by -Prometheus- on 03 Apr 2011, 22:57, edited 1 time in total.
BBLounge - Broadband and Technology forum
Please like our facebook page
Mclaren

Re: Woooosh (cell C Mobile internet)

Post by Mclaren »

I got the fast one, very very very fast
RuadRauFlessa

Post by RuadRauFlessa »

Please do some latency tests for us while you are at it. Would be nice to see some actual figures.
Spoiler (show)
ASUS nVidia GTX560 1GB
CoolerMaster HAF 932
Anakha56
Forum Administrator

Post by Anakha56 »

Thank you for editing your header :).
RuadRauFlessa

Post by RuadRauFlessa »

Also in which parts of the country are you. I doubt it would be the same everywhere as they are still busy rolling out their network.
Spoiler (show)
ASUS nVidia GTX560 1GB
CoolerMaster HAF 932
Mclaren

Post by Mclaren »

Well took about 5 minutes to get 238mb downloaded, i am working in Bryanston.
RuadRauFlessa

Post by RuadRauFlessa »

Well that is nice but for me personally latency is the true test. I can live with a 3G connection if the latency is not bad. But I won't be able to live with a 21Mb connection even if the latency is going to peek above the 600ms to europe.
Spoiler (show)
ASUS nVidia GTX560 1GB
CoolerMaster HAF 932
doo_much

Post by doo_much »

RuadRauFlessa wrote:Also in which parts of the country are you. I doubt it would be the same everywhere as they are still busy rolling out their network.
Their coverage map is reasonably up to date.

I'm stuck on Vodacom 3G - they have no plans to expand into my alley any time soon. :|
MOOD - Thirsty

A surprising amount of modern pseudoscience is coming out of the environmental sector. Perhaps it should not be so surprising given that environmentalism is political rather than scientific.
Timothy Casey
RuadRauFlessa

Post by RuadRauFlessa »

doo... I don't trust their coverage map. Just like I don't trust them. I got my phone and they told me there and then that I will be able to get 3G... Later that week I canceled the data subscription on my contract cuz I could only get EDGE. I am not looking at signing a 12 month data contract and sit with some of the same issues. Also like I said I am truly interested to see what the latencies to Europe look like.
Spoiler (show)
ASUS nVidia GTX560 1GB
CoolerMaster HAF 932
doo_much

Post by doo_much »

Thanks - that's (not)good to know.

Do you think their speeds will drop a lot as more people go over?
MOOD - Thirsty

A surprising amount of modern pseudoscience is coming out of the environmental sector. Perhaps it should not be so surprising given that environmentalism is political rather than scientific.
Timothy Casey
RuadRauFlessa

Post by RuadRauFlessa »

Sure it will it is still a contention based system and the airwaves can only carry so much data even if they do apply channel hopping and frequency modulation.
Spoiler (show)
ASUS nVidia GTX560 1GB
CoolerMaster HAF 932
DeathStrike
Location: hidden deep in the depths of the underworld is my home.

Post by DeathStrike »

cool. also want to hear the reviews.

will be helping a friend decide what is the best mobile internet. thinking that Cell C or 8ta would be best? am i right?
Spoiler: (show)
SIG by HMAN 8)
Member of The Pride Of Darkness
DeathStrike on Twitter
About me
Spoiler: (show)
Asus P5KPL-CM motherboard, 4 GIG RAM, Q6600 @ 2.88GHz (Thanks Anthro), GeForce 8600GT, Samsung 2333 23" + CRT 17" Monitors. 500GB + 1.5TB HDD, Compro TV tuner, 350 WATT PSU
Mclaren

Post by Mclaren »

how do i perform a latency test
-Prometheus-
Resident Drama Llama

Post by -Prometheus- »

Last edited by -Prometheus- on 03 Apr 2011, 22:58, edited 1 time in total.
BBLounge - Broadband and Technology forum
Please like our facebook page
RuadRauFlessa

Post by RuadRauFlessa »

Mclaren wrote:how do i perform a latency test
http://forums.pcformat.co.za/viewtopic.php?f=25&t=22633

Do about 5 tests during the course of the day and post them for us. Should give us a valid idea. But please for heaven's sake dont just use the JHB servers. Use one in JHB then CPT then one in europe and one in the east and west. So that is 5 test 5 times a day. Should provide a decent idea of what is happening.
Spoiler (show)
ASUS nVidia GTX560 1GB
CoolerMaster HAF 932
Bladerunner
Processor: i386DX Sooper
Motherboard: A blue one
Graphics card: A red one
Memory: Hard drive

Post by Bladerunner »

Myself and a friend's 2GB accounts have been upgraded to 5GB. Seemingly for free. :P
If I weren't insane: I couldn't be so brilliant! - The Joker
RuadRauFlessa

Post by RuadRauFlessa »

:lol: My account shows a free 5GB data bundle for some or other reason.... not that I am complaining.
Spoiler (show)
ASUS nVidia GTX560 1GB
CoolerMaster HAF 932