Windows 7 - Window focus messed up

Discussion and support for the Windows family of operating systems.
Bladerunner
Processor: i386DX Sooper
Motherboard: A blue one
Graphics card: A red one
Memory: Hard drive

Windows 7 - Window focus messed up

Post by Bladerunner »

Hey everyone.

I'm running Windows 7 x64, and my specs can be viewed in my sig.

Recently, without installing any apps or drivers, my window focus became completely messed up. Here's a few examples:

1. Sometimes (every few minutes) one of the icons in the taskbar will flash, let's say one of the open Explorer windows. Which is normal if the application wants your attention but in this case it doesn't because it wasn't told to do anything. It just flashes. When I click on it in the taskbar, it's not brought to the foreground. I have to minimize all the windows on top of it before I can actually get to it.

2. When I click on an application icon in the notification area, the application pops up, but isn't focused (which is annoying because that's how I access my file indexer) and that means I have to focus the window by clicking before I can start typing.

3. If I right-click the network notification icon and the context menu pops up, it doesn't disappear if I click on the desktop or anywhere else. I absolutely HAVE to choose an option in the context menu for it to disappear.

It's driving me insane and I'm completely stumped. I've done the usual virus scans, etc but no luck.

Any ideas?
If I weren't insane: I couldn't be so brilliant! - The Joker