Forum Administrator
Processor: Ryzen 1700K
Motherboard: Asus X370
Graphics card: Asus 1060 Strix
Memory: 16GB RAM

Graph in Excel not allowing printing

Post by Anakha56 »

Morning All,

So rather tough problem I am trying to solve and I hope someone has a possible fix or at least encountered this issue.

We have a few documents created in Excel 2003 that have rather complicated graphs, these print fine when used with Office 2003. However since we upgraded to Office 2010 some of these documents fail to print and this one in particular is related to the graph. How I found this out was when I went into "Page Setup" for the sheet I changed it to print in "Draft Quality" and it printed. Obviously the graph did not come out due to it being draft quality but it got me thinking that the graph was the problem. So as soon as I removed the graph it again printed.

Now has anyone here had a issue like this? I did not create this spreadsheet so I would like to avoid recreating this graph because of multiple reasons but the main one being it is heavily complicated.

Looking forward to any suggestions to try besides recreating the whole damn thing :P.
JUSTICE, n A commodity which is a more or less adulterated condition the State sells to the citizen as a reward for his allegiance, taxes and personal service.
Anakha56
Forum Administrator

Re: Graph in Excel not allowing printing

Post by Anakha56 »

Okay problem found now... How do I solve it? :?

The problem is the minor gridlines as soon as they are removed the document in its whole prints. Add them they fail so screen shot with minor and without minor.

With:

Without:

Could it be the printer not being able to handle all the lines? Or is Excel not printing them correctly? Any ideas?
JUSTICE, n A commodity which is a more or less adulterated condition the State sells to the citizen as a reward for his allegiance, taxes and personal service.
Anakha56
Forum Administrator

Re: Graph in Excel not allowing printing

Post by Anakha56 »

Found the problem. Print dpi needs to be set to 1200 dpi.

Sent from my HTC Desire using Tapatalk