Recommend a flat bed scanner please?

A place for all tech stuff that doesn't really belong anywhere else.
Anakha56
Forum Administrator
Processor: Ryzen 1700K
Motherboard: Asus X370
Graphics card: Asus 1060 Strix
Memory: 16GB RAM

Recommend a flat bed scanner please?

Post by Anakha56 »

Greetings all,

I need some suggestions for a flat bed scanner please? The main purpose for this scanner is to scan really old photos and by old i mean really old photos 1970ish old. They are already starting to fade hence the urgency to get this done ASAP.

Many Thanks. :-)
JUSTICE, n A commodity which is a more or less adulterated condition the State sells to the citizen as a reward for his allegiance, taxes and personal service.
wizardofid
Processor: Intel 2500K
Motherboard: Gigabyte B75M D3H
Graphics card: inno3d Jericho 570GTX
Memory: 8Gig DDR3 1333mhz

Re: Recommend a flat bed scanner please?

Post by wizardofid »

actually there aren't much difference in any specific brand, perhaps feature related like easy one touch scan and print and copy buttons and of course scan speed, but other than that you can really use any one available.

However you should choose one with the best bundled software, vue scan software top of the list.Other than that you can't go wrong.

You could even choose a printer combo canon has some awesome combo ones with excellent supporting software and might be slightly cheaper or a little more than a feature rich flatbed, and you get the use of the printer as well.

If you planning on doing a once off scan session, either two will work just fine even if the ink is finished you still have the scan feature.

We have been using a canonscan for the last odd 8 years no problems.
"In my weird politically incorrect hypothetically incoherent contradicting obscured world definitively maybe"
Stuart
Lead Forum Administrator

Post by Stuart »

Ja, I have a Canoscan 4400F or something like that at the office. Been using it for a couple of years now very happily.
Prime

Post by Prime »

Are you wanting to scan negatives or just pictures?

http://www.hp.com/united-states/consume ... anner.html

The bottom of the range ones retail for about R900.
wizardofid wrote:actually there aren't much difference in any specific brand, perhaps feature related like easy one touch scan and print and copy buttons and of course scan speed, but other than that you can really use any one available.

However you should choose one with the best bundled software, vue scan software top of the list.Other than that you can't go wrong.

You could even choose a printer combo canon has some awesome combo ones with excellent supporting software and might be slightly cheaper or a little more than a feature rich flatbed, and you get the use of the printer as well.

If you planning on doing a once off scan session, either two will work just fine even if the ink is finished you still have the scan feature.

We have been using a canonscan for the last odd 8 years no problems.
You could do this too. You might find a dedicated scanner has better bundled software though
Anakha56
Forum Administrator
Processor: Ryzen 1700K
Motherboard: Asus X370
Graphics card: Asus 1060 Strix
Memory: 16GB RAM

Post by Anakha56 »

There won't be any negatives as far as I am aware. Just really old photos. So what is good scanning software besides those already mentioned?
JUSTICE, n A commodity which is a more or less adulterated condition the State sells to the citizen as a reward for his allegiance, taxes and personal service.