Worst pc's ever

Want advice on building your rig or just want to show off?
cyberfox271

Re: Worst pc's ever

Post by cyberfox271 »

Lol, my old pc was a nightmare. At least for me. I was born a gamer, and naturally, if you are playing a gba emulator, and it lags while playing pokemon, I'm sure there's a problem. That was way back when the original playstation was a better investment. But I was like 6 so I don't think I cared. It was a pentium 4 3ghz,ddr 256mb ram,R50 psu(I donut know the wattage but I know it was ancient tech), don't remember the mobo either. Now it's in my room as an antique, one day I hope to bury it in hopes and archaeologist uncovers it as an amazing discovery in 3000+ years. Now I'm running something that has a rating of about 3 on a scale of 1 being a pc that's been used by cavemen during the ice age and 15 being a far off dream pc. Intel celeron 1.8ghz socket 775, a foxconn g31mxp, ddr2 800 2gb, 80gb sata drive, inno 3d nvidia geforce gts 250 512mb and lastly a huntkey 550w psu. And you gotta love the monitor, a samsung with a hunchback. Looks similar to a generator and gives off a beautiful high pitched whistle when you switch it on, but by now I don't hear it anymore I've gotten mostly use to it. And the sound, a 14 year old kenwood hi fi. Bass is awesome but the rest...I'd rather not say. Switching to amd end of the month. New mobo, cpu and ram.
" Anyone can become angry - that is easy, but to be angry with the right person, at the right time and for the right purpose and in the right way - that is not within everyone's power and that is not easy " - Aristotle

"You stupid dog, You make me look bad! awooga wooga wooga!"
KALSTER
Forum Moderator

Post by KALSTER »

How high end will you be going and what will be your budget? Your current board could probably take a much better socket 775 CPU, which would give you a PC that can play most games at near full spec on that monitor...
"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." - Aristotle
Intel i5 2500; AsRock Z77 Extreme 4; Asus GTX580; 4x 2GB DDR3 1333; Intel 520 240GB SSD + 2x WD 3TB + 2TB Samsung; Samsung 22X DVD/RW; 23" LG W2343T-PF; Huntkey 700W
cyberfox271

Post by cyberfox271 »

I can actually play most games at medium to high graphics on my current pc, the downfall is that when I add customization software and all those high load softwares all my games start lagging. Even warcraft frozen throne. Well, my budget is 3000 bucks, planning to buy an amd phenom 2 x4 640, ram DDR3 1333mhz and an msi mobo, can't get to the name right now, but it's an am3 socket with overclocking utilities etc. I really wanna improve the looks but I need to make more money and when you're 15 that's kinda hard.
" Anyone can become angry - that is easy, but to be angry with the right person, at the right time and for the right purpose and in the right way - that is not within everyone's power and that is not easy " - Aristotle

cyberfox271

Post by cyberfox271 »

That sounds so very...suckish. The old pc's that were here at the office sucked. I mean really. Pentium 2's...

THE_STIG
Spoiled Brat
Processor: Core i7 6800k
Motherboard: Asrock x99 taichi
Graphics card: Zotac 1080ti amp extreme
Memory: 16gb(4x4gb) corsair vengeance

Post by THE_STIG »

cyberfox271 wrote:That sounds so very...suckish. The old pc's that were here at the office sucked. I mean really. Pentium 2's...
Well +1 for the Celeron nomination(I hate them), they are slow have little memory and well make you look like a noob. :lol:
Cyberfox I know what it is like not to have the cash for a PC I am only 18 so I feel you pain but a decent lga775 cpu is only about R1000 for a Core 2 Duo so why the celeron. I have about 8 Pc's here at home and all have decent components wich is why they still work I even have my first Pc a 200mhz pentium MMX, ASUS sp97v mobo(great in its day), 64MB EDO ram, ATI 3DRage II+, creative soundblaster AWE 32(the best you could geat in the mid 90's)and a 4.5 gb segate. I whish I could have had a 3dfx voodoo but i was like 6 or something back then. So I have experienced a lot of epic fail PC's and have owened a few wich I use to salvage parts from(like capacitors usb ports etc..) AND DONT EVER BUY A ECS mobo they are galacticaly rubish. :x
cyberfox271

Post by cyberfox271 »

Na, it came with the pc and never really had the money to buy a processor, and i knew nothing about pcs until 3 months ago. My celeron comes through man...

THE_STIG
Spoiled Brat

Post by THE_STIG »

cyberfox271 wrote:Na, it came with the pc and never really had the money to buy a processor, and i knew nothing about pcs until 3 months ago. My celeron comes through man...
Still Celerons suck, and I hope you never went to a LAN with one.
Ron2K
Forum Technical Administrator

Post by Ron2K »

THE_STIG wrote:Still Celerons suck, and I hope you never went to a LAN with one.
* raises hand sheepishly *

(Admittedly, that was pre-2006, when I was in my student days and couldn't afford anything better.)
Kia kaha, Kia māia, Kia manawanui.
Prime

Post by Prime »

THE_STIG wrote:
cyberfox271 wrote:Na, it came with the pc and never really had the money to buy a processor, and i knew nothing about pcs until 3 months ago. My celeron comes through man...
Hey, try playing halflife 1 on a P1 at a lan when everyone else has p3's and p4's :lol:
THE_STIG
Spoiled Brat

Post by THE_STIG »

Prime wrote:
THE_STIG wrote:
Hey, try playing halflife 1 on a P1 at a lan when everyone else has p3's and p4's :lol:
I know how that feels, I used to have a K6-2 (500mhz) and everyone else had P4's Athlon 64's, so I looked a complete noob untill I got my P4 HT.
-Prometheus-
Resident Drama Llama

Post by -Prometheus- »

........................................................................................................................................................................................................
........................................................................................................................................................................................................
Last edited by -Prometheus- on 03 Apr 2011, 22:45, edited 1 time in total.
BBLounge - Broadband and Technology forum
Please like our facebook page
THE_STIG
Spoiled Brat

Post by THE_STIG »

-Prometheus- wrote:Beat you all
http://www.samdal.com/sv318.htm
It may be old but what was wrong with it and I am sure it was good in its day (the Sinclair ZX spectrum was Probably better.)
-Prometheus-
Resident Drama Llama

Post by -Prometheus- »

Last edited by -Prometheus- on 03 Apr 2011, 22:47, edited 1 time in total.
BBLounge - Broadband and Technology forum
Please like our facebook page
cyberfox271

Post by cyberfox271 »

I'm glad i wasn't alive back then...I'm picturing terrifying scene. A mouse built into the keyboard, a keyboard built into the pc and you plug it into the tv. nice.

THE_STIG
Spoiled Brat

Post by THE_STIG »

cyberfox271 wrote:I'm glad i wasn't alive back then...I'm picturing terrifying scene. A mouse built into the keyboard, a keyboard built into the pc and you plug it into the tv. nice.
I was not around then either and was born in the I386/486 era :D , but I love all things PC(Except celeron and other such epic fail things) so naturaly I have used such devices.
bobbe23

Post by bobbe23 »

Worst pc ever? Pentium 2 my dad bought from my cousin the year I finished matric. Had a 400 Mhz Celeron cpu, 128mb ram, 6 gig harddrive, 4mb S3 display card, Windows XP and a blazing fast 52x speed CD WRITER! Any sort of movement in a 100-metre radius of the box made the pc stall :( In fact even thinking about the switching on the pc made it stall.

I am a F5 freak (OCD in regarding to refreshing my desktop). Hold in F5 for longer than 3 seconds and BLAM! Pc froze.

Had some good mammaries of it though :) Myself and the brother-in-law use to play Red Alert 2 on it until the sun greeted us. Built a Pentium 2 for myself recently with a 13 inch CRT to play my oldies on...

and I'm a glutton for punishment. :P
Core-(Two)-Duo E6750 ~ Overclocked to 3.2 Ghz via SetFSB
4Gb DDR2 800 Mhz Corsair
1.5Tb Seagate 7200rpm
26 inch HD Ready LCD
4850 512mb GPU

"Girls are much better than pokemon, but it's much harder to catch them"
Anthro
Moderator Emeritus
Processor: i7 3770k
Motherboard: ASUS P8P67-Pro
Graphics card: 2xNvidia GTX670
Memory: 16 GB Gskill Sniper

Post by Anthro »

Welcome to the site !
Remember to introduce yourself in the 'New members' thread..
Read some rules.. etc..

And oh,
mammaries = boobs. |\(.)(.)/|
memories = stuff you remember.

So, don't forget - to remember mmkay ?

-Anthro
Temporary Absence
KatrynKat
Insane in the Membrane

Post by KatrynKat »

not spamming just helping, but a link to the threads is useful for the new people who don't know their way around here...

The New Member Intros Here thread
and..
Forum Rules
"This eBook is displayed using 100% recycled electrons."
bobbe23

Post by bobbe23 »

Sorry about that :)
4Gb DDR2 800 Mhz Corsair
1.5Tb Seagate 7200rpm
26 inch HD Ready LCD
4850 512mb GPU

bobbe23

Post by bobbe23 »

Side note ~ Worst experience with my pc. Throwing my 40gb Maxtor harddrive against the wall and then re-installing Windows EVERY morning, for 6 weeks. That was like 5 years ago and I still remember the freaking XP code.
4Gb DDR2 800 Mhz Corsair
1.5Tb Seagate 7200rpm
26 inch HD Ready LCD
4850 512mb GPU

JollyJamma

Post by JollyJamma »

bobbe23 wrote:Side note ~ Worst experience with my pc. Throwing my 40gb Maxtor harddrive against the wall and then re-installing Windows EVERY morning, for 6 weeks. That was like 5 years ago and I still remember the freaking XP code.
You mean in 6 weeks you couldn't earn enough for a new hard drive? How poor were you?
I no longer think of myself as Atheist however I reject religion as a concept where you must do x because someone says so. May contain nuts.
bobbe23

Post by bobbe23 »

@JollyJamma

No. Just finished my studies and was looking for work and the ATM's were also in recession that time. When I use to go draw money it said: "No funds available".

Didn't ask money from my parents since I turned 18. What I own now was procured through blood and sweat...without the blood and sweat part.
4Gb DDR2 800 Mhz Corsair
1.5Tb Seagate 7200rpm
26 inch HD Ready LCD
4850 512mb GPU

THE_STIG
Spoiled Brat

Post by THE_STIG »

bobbe23 wrote:@JollyJamma

No. Just finished my studies and was looking for work and the ATM's were also in recession that time. When I use to go draw money it said: "No funds available".

Didn't ask money from my parents since I turned 18. What I own now was procured through blood and sweat...without the blood and sweat part.
Dam not even I am that poor, but I will never buy a Maxtor again :x ....I too have had bad experiences with them.

I recently had to replace my 250gb Maxtor because it cept on stalling :x and replaced it with a Samsung 1tb drive.....Much better :)
Smilodon111

Post by Smilodon111 »

ya know whats weird? 10 years from now we gonna say the same things about pc's that we have now...

BAH! core i7 is sooo yesterday... :roll:

[Core i7 930] [12GB Corsair Dominator CL8 XMP 1.65v] [Asus Rampage II Extreme] [Sapphire HD5870 Eyefinity 6 Edition 2GB DDR5] [Corsair HX-750W Modular] [32GB OCZ Onyx SSD] [3TB Seagate Barracuda's] [Coolermaster Cosmos S] [Coolermaster Sickle Flow 120's] [Logitech G11] [Razer Death Adder 3500DPI w/ Razer Goliathus Fragged Alpha Sized] [Logitech Z2300 THX] [Samsung Sync Master 2494HS 24" LCD]
THE_STIG
Spoiled Brat

Post by THE_STIG »

Smilodon111 wrote:ya know whats weird? 10 years from now we gonna say the same things about pc's that we have now...

BAH! core i7 is sooo yesterday... :roll:
Yea, Just the other day I was laughing at my old P4 rig saying just how rubbish it is.......back in 05 I thought it was amazing :lol: