Twitter ?

Anything to do with online stuff goes here.
KillerByte
G3AR Staff Member

Re: Twitter ?

Post by KillerByte »

Stuart wrote:
KillerByte wrote:When I was reviewing the AMD Phenom II X6 1090T BE
<ot> In which edition will this review surface? </ot>
June issue - which is currently at printers, Should be at the binding stage which takes about a week to do. In other words you will have to wait 14 days in you are a subscriber. the review of the 1055T has just been sent to Nicholas and will be in the July issue of PCF.
What I type has nothing to do with the people that employ me.
DAE_JA_VOO

Post by DAE_JA_VOO »

rustypup wrote:the culture of ego should be discouraged with a pointy stick... what few gems the service may produce, (having avoided subjecting myself to the inanities of TWITter i cannot claim this to be so), are buried 'neath a veritable colossus of verbal guano...

anyone who imagines their life to be 'xTREME' enough to warrant a running commentary needs to pull their head out of their cloaca...

tl;dr - twits twitter.. goml...
It's rather surprising that someone like yourself misses the point of Twitter completely :P

Seriously though, Rusty, you're completely, completely missing it. I haven't read a "I just ate a ham sammich" post in months.
That guy that used to mod cases. Now I take photos. True story.
DeathStrike
Location: hidden deep in the depths of the underworld is my home.

Post by DeathStrike »

Has nobody noticed this thread?

anyway i love twitter. but i don't have time to tweet much. so i linked my google reader to twitter account and all things i share on reader goes to twitter.
Spoiler: (show)
SIG by HMAN 8)
Member of The Pride Of Darkness
DeathStrike on Twitter
About me
Spoiler: (show)
Asus P5KPL-CM motherboard, 4 GIG RAM, Q6600 @ 2.88GHz (Thanks Anthro), GeForce 8600GT, Samsung 2333 23" + CRT 17" Monitors. 500GB + 1.5TB HDD, Compro TV tuner, 350 WATT PSU
rustypup

Post by rustypup »

DAE_JA_VOO wrote: you're completely, completely missing it.
i believe i may actually be "getting it"... when i'm subjected to twitter feeds on cnn/bbc i "get it" so much i want to violence someone... violently... with a blunt instrument...

to put that into context, i can barely manage to process the badger sputum i'm subjected to at work... i'd probably end up being committed if i were to voluntarily expose myself to a never ending deluge of it...

(not forgetting the horrific grammar employed in squeezing 248 chars worth of data into 144... it's like having some socially inadequate automaton randomly blurting out half-garbled snippets of nonsense at inappropriate moments... )

nothing is that worth knowing... :/
Most people would sooner die than think; in fact, they do so - Bertrand Russel
Tribble
Processor: Intel Core i7-4770K CPU@3.50GHz
Motherboard: ACPI x64-based PC
Graphics card: GeForce GTX 780 Ti
Memory: 16GB

Post by Tribble »

I disagree puppy. I have fond memories of being on the beach and reading breaking news.
Besides - anyone that follows me is asking for drivel.

@KB I shall try that. Give the impression of a more interesting life.
Prime

Post by Prime »

DeathStrike wrote:Has nobody noticed this thread?

anyway i love twitter. but i don't have time to tweet much. so i linked my google reader to twitter account and all things i share on reader goes to twitter.
Nope, because otherwise, Myself, Dae, Tribs and a bunch of others would have posted in it. (In truth, I was waiting to see if anyone else recalled it :lol: )
rustypup wrote:
DAE_JA_VOO wrote: you're completely, completely missing it.
i believe i may actually be "getting it"... when i'm subjected to twitter feeds on cnn/bbc i "get it" so much i want to violence someone... violently... with a blunt instrument...

to put that into context, i can barely manage to process the badger sputum i'm subjected to at work... i'd probably end up being committed if i were to voluntarily expose myself to a never ending deluge of it...

(not forgetting the horrific grammar employed in squeezing 248 chars worth of data into 144... it's like having some socially inadequate automaton randomly blurting out half-garbled snippets of nonsense at inappropriate moments... )

nothing is that worth knowing... :/
I had to laugh, given the distinct lack of grammar in your post. :lol: :?

I linked my Flickr to my photography blog and that posts to Twitter. That way, I can let my followers know I have uploaded pictures or posted something. :lol:
Tribble

Post by Tribble »

I am so glad they delete bots on Twitter - well the ones they can find that is.
Prime

Post by Prime »

So those of you who were completely Twitter nuts a few months back, are you still so?

I think I've been on twice this month. :/
Tribble

Post by Tribble »

I don't post many tweets of my own (I lead a very boring life) - but I will respond to people who I follow. I love that I get EWN and NASA and a whole lot of other interesting things. So yes - though I don't always tweet - I am still nuts about it.
DAE_JA_VOO

Post by DAE_JA_VOO »

Yep, I'm still there. In fact, I'm more active on twitter now than I was before. I'm also significantly more active on twitter than I am on facebook. Not that they can really be compared, but in terms of social networks, I spend way more time on twitter than I do on facebook.

Twitter has become an incredibly valuable part of my internet experience. That real-time news aspect is just irreplaceable.
Prime

Post by Prime »

interesting. hmmm.

I just find I end up wading through garbage on my Twitter account. doesn't it annoy you when News services flood you with tweets? or even people?
KatrynKat
Insane in the Membrane

Post by KatrynKat »

i have a twitter account but haven't checked in such a looong time.....
"This eBook is displayed using 100% recycled electrons."
DAE_JA_VOO

Post by DAE_JA_VOO »

Prime wrote:interesting. hmmm.

I just find I end up wading through garbage on my Twitter account. doesn't it annoy you when News services flood you with tweets? or even people?
Well, no. The people/source I follow are sources I've chosen myself, so if I do happen to get more tweets from them than usual, at least it's about stuff I care about.

I don't follow any accounts that do millions of tweets a day though.
Tribble

Post by Tribble »

Neither do I. And those people who retweet everything - I just ignore unless the tweet is interesting. But I love the comments on the news as it happens. Steven Grotes tweets a lot but it is interesting. My photography friends can get a bit emo though - but I suppose that is who they are. You just skip the tweet.
hobojvr

Post by hobojvr »

It think Facebook is just about as much "social networking" as I can handle, and it took me a while to get onto Facebook :)
ryanrich
Forum Moderator

Post by ryanrich »

Same as DAE...
ADT

Post by ADT »

DAE_JA_VOO wrote:Yep, I'm still there. In fact, I'm more active on twitter now than I was before. I'm also significantly more active on twitter than I am on facebook. Not that they can really be compared, but in terms of social networks, I spend way more time on twitter than I do on facebook.

Twitter has become an incredibly valuable part of my internet experience. That real-time news aspect is just irreplaceable.
+1
Kanete naki mi koso yasukere yuki no michi
Spoiler (show)
AMD Phenom II 3.47ghz ~ Gigabyte GA-890GPA-UD3H ~ XFX Radeon HD 5770 ~ CM eXtreme Power Plus 600W PSU ~ Samsung P2370H ~ Corsair 4GB DDR3 2000 Mhz ~ Win 7 64 Bit Ultimate ~