CHanging text in site

Get help on web editors (Frontpage, Dreamweaver) and web languages (HTML, ASP, PHP).
Buddha

CHanging text in site

Post by Buddha »

Hey hey hey... listen just a quick question for da gurus out there... i'm doing a site .. and i wanna change the font for the site... if i do change it to something i d/l'd then is it not going to show on the "visitors" pc? I dont think so.. but thought i'd check u guys out..

ps.. is there a way to do this?

ta :lol:
HdB

Post by HdB »

Where are the html files (or .asp, or whatever) situated?
f you are changing the files that lie on the server, be that your own machine, or elsewhere, then the end user will see the changes as soon as it is made
AMD Athlon 64 X2 4800+ s939 | Gecube 3870 OC edition
Synkronos
Moderator Emeritus

Post by Synkronos »

No, the font change will not show up unless they have the font on their machine as well. What you can do is select a _list_ of fonts, and the page will render in whichever is the first font in the list their machine has. Usually it is good practise to do a website in one of the standard fonts, such as verdana. Another solution would be to have the font available for download on the site, but that's very amateurish and can also run you into copyright issues if you don't have permission to distribute the font. So I'd recommend sticking to a standard
I thought what I'd do was, I'd pretend I was one of those deaf-mutes.
Buddha

ta

Post by Buddha »

hey ppl... thanks for the quick reply!.

Synkronos i thought so... but thanks for clearing it up fo me!