Extraction software rebuttal

Any software related topics go in here.
style121

Extraction software rebuttal

Post by style121 »

Ok so since my topic was closed, I thought I would at least try and defend myself before you throw me to the dogs.

I've always wondered what it would feel like to be crucified at the stake. It's not pretty. First off, thanks for the lambasting, and all that constructive input. I run a small letting business, and my website doesn't have a newsletter signup page, although I do have a booking request section where tenants enquiring abut accommodation send us an email.

I have hundreds of email addresses from exisiting clients and enquiries which I would like to send perhaps a specials newsletter to once every 3 or 4 months. Obviously with an unsubscribe option within the email. These are people who have already dealt with us, and I would like to touch base with them again. Surely this can't be illegal? I can completely understand why you guys hate the idea, and i've had my fair share of spam, and chain mails from friends, let alone businesses, but am I being stupid for thinking this is an inexpensive way of marketing to a client base you already have? Its not like i'm trolling websites for emails.

Anyway, sorry to have brought it up, you can now close this again if need be.