SMS Software

Any software related topics go in here.
madmind
Location: Take the red pill, and i'll show you how deep the rabbit hole goes...

SMS Software

Post by madmind »

Howdy Folks

I have a PCMCIA Huawei E620 Data card which i'm using to recieve large numbers of SMSs. The data card comes with a scaled-down version of it's intended UI, which was modified by Vodafone. I have managed to find the UI intended for the card but the functionality is very limited and not very practical. Even worse, it loses data (sms's) every time the PC is re-started. My company uses this card as an sms line for competition entries and it is quite vital that these sms's are safe. Can somebody please point me in the direction of an interface that will inteact with my hardware?

Much Love
madmind

Gigabyte G31 S3 (Intel 945)|Intel C2D E8600 3.3Ghz| 3Gb DDR2800 |Nvidia Geforce 9500GT 1Gb | 2.5TB Storage | RaidMax Quantum | GPowerII CPU Cooler | Thermaltake PurePower 600W PSU |
LGW2343 23" HD 1080p | Logitech EX100 Cordless Desktop | Logitech Momo Wheel | Divoom Revo5 2.1 | WinfastTV200XP MCE |
Windows 7 Ultimate | Adobe CS4

click here for my photography blog
ghondar

Re: SMS Software

Post by ghondar »

Hi

Find out more about Grapevine SMS, it integrates with outlook.
madmind

Post by madmind »

ghondar wrote:Hi

Find out more about Grapevine SMS, it integrates with outlook.
Hi Ghondar

Thanks for your suggestion, unfortunately Grapevine will not integrate with my hardware.

Thanks again
madmind

Gigabyte G31 S3 (Intel 945)|Intel C2D E8600 3.3Ghz| 3Gb DDR2800 |Nvidia Geforce 9500GT 1Gb | 2.5TB Storage | RaidMax Quantum | GPowerII CPU Cooler | Thermaltake PurePower 600W PSU |
LGW2343 23" HD 1080p | Logitech EX100 Cordless Desktop | Logitech Momo Wheel | Divoom Revo5 2.1 | WinfastTV200XP MCE |

doo_much

Post by doo_much »

MOOD - Thirsty

A surprising amount of modern pseudoscience is coming out of the environmental sector. Perhaps it should not be so surprising given that environmentalism is political rather than scientific.
Timothy Casey
madmind

Post by madmind »

doo_much wrote:Have you tried Vodacom's firmware and software?
Howsit doo_much

I currently have the Vodacom UI, however it does not allow me to print or export the SMSs which is a critical feature

doo_much

Post by doo_much »

Ah sooo...

Exporting SMSs? Not exactly a requirement you set in your OP! :)

There are some software vendors that apparently read the messages off your SIM card. I haven't tried it, but it'd interesting to hear the results.

Any reason you don't just make use of the services of someone like Clickatell for this?
MOOD - Thirsty

A surprising amount of modern pseudoscience is coming out of the environmental sector. Perhaps it should not be so surprising given that environmentalism is political rather than scientific.
Timothy Casey
madmind

Post by madmind »

doo_much wrote:Ah sooo...

Exporting SMSs? Not exactly a requirement you set in your OP! :)

There are some software vendors that apparently read the messages off your SIM card. I haven't tried it, but it'd interesting to hear the results.

Any reason you don't just make use of the services of someone like Clickatell for this?
So sorry! my mind was a bit fizzled out when i made the OP, some information may have escaped my fingers :lol:
I found an Ingenious piece of software called SMS Enabler. So simple, yet so functional. and the best part: the 39 Euro price tag :) most of the other stuff i found on the interwebs cost anything between $100 and $250... this is working quite well for me because it actually writes to text, and e-mails a copy to pre-determined addresses and also enables the user to apply filters to incoming sms's, and only e-mails the relevant ones :)
Thanks for your help doo_much, appreciate it :wink: