Mystery Cursor... is it SP2???

Discussion and support for the Windows family of operating systems.
Mothman

Mystery Cursor... is it SP2???

Post by Mothman »

This may sound stupid but has anybody noticed their cursor moving by itself since you installed SP2? While I’m typing now it's just slowly moving left over the screen!! Here at our college it happens to all the pc's and now since I installed it at home the same happens.!

What's up with Microsoft? Or am I alone?
8O
OnlyOneKenobi
Moderator Emeritus

Post by OnlyOneKenobi »

I'm pretty sure it's not SP2.

:roll:

Intel Core i7-950 | MSI X58 Pro-E, STK1366 | Geforce GTX470 1280 | 8GB DDR3 1333Mhz RAM | Samsung 226BW Monitor | Windows 7 Home Premium
Dr_Jung

Post by Dr_Jung »

mmmmmm, all using the same virus are you?

Trust me! I am a Doctor.
Anakha56
Forum Administrator
Processor: Ryzen 1700K
Motherboard: Asus X370
Graphics card: Asus 1060 Strix
Memory: 16GB RAM

Post by Anakha56 »

i have noticed it. and when something like that does happen i check my optical sensor and there is usually a piece of hair playing games with me.
JUSTICE, n A commodity which is a more or less adulterated condition the State sells to the citizen as a reward for his allegiance, taxes and personal service.
Mothman

Post by Mothman »

I could be virus but I doubt it. I've got Norton and the latest updates ...
Scarlet_Spider
Moderator Emeritus

Post by Scarlet_Spider »

WAIT!!

the EXACT same thing has been happening to me lately - i cant be certain that it is SP2 but it has definetely been since around the time it was put on.

I have a logitech mouse (usb) by the way.
------
a nikonian from South Africa....
Nikonians
wit_skapie
Moderator Emeritus

Post by wit_skapie »

It might be a ghost :wink:
freakno1

Post by freakno1 »

the female mice are more prone to this ?
the light reflects on an uneven survae being colour or textue and causes the cursour to move . sp2 can be blamed for a lot of things but not this :-)

-Some times you have to leave your corner of the forest to meet new people Whinnie the poo
Dom

Post by Dom »

Anakha56 wrote:i have noticed it. and when something like that does happen i check my optical sensor and there is usually a piece of hair playing games with me.
That's usually the cause. If my cursor starts jumping\moving around a little by itself, then sure enough, there's most likely a bit of hair\fluff sitting within the sensor opening. Failing that, it may be due to a sudden transition between a light and dark colour on your mouse pad\desk surface.
\"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; although I am not sure about the former.\" Albert Einstein

November 10th, 2004; I\'m gonna miss you mom :-(
May 3rd, 2007; Missing you gramps :-(
Mothman

Post by Mothman »

Okay we have 20 pc's in our class all basically the same. They all have ball mousses and it happens to them all. The explanation of the optical mousses sounds reasonable, but still it doesn't apply then. Someone mentioned that it could be hard drive processes causing this, but it sounds a bit far fetched??
freakno1

Post by freakno1 »

what tipe of mice are they ?

-Some times you have to leave your corner of the forest to meet new people Whinnie the poo
skunkymunky
Permanently Banned

Post by skunkymunky »

it's the mice gnomes check under ur mouse :)
Fool people into thinking youve got a horse by taking off a unicorns horn
Mothman

Post by Mothman »

Its A-open mouses but it really doesn't matter. I use a Sahara optical mouse at home and the same happens...
Cameron_Losco
Moderator Emeritus

Post by Cameron_Losco »

If its optical then it could be the surface, if its uneven then it could be the cause. Try using the mouse on a piece of while paper and see if it still happens.
Mothman

Post by Mothman »

So the mystery mouse keeps on living...
psychotic_savage

Post by psychotic_savage »

Dont use white paper with a sahara mouse it tends to be really inacurate and stutters i had huge problems trying to figure that one out while explaining to the guys at the lan that it is my mouses fault. Like thay believed me
Intel Core i5 750 2.66GHz LGA1156 \\ XFX Radeon HD5870XXX Edition \\ Asus P7P55D IP55 Motherboard \\ Corsair DDR3-1600 4GB (2x2GB) XMS3 DHX CL9 Memory Module Kit \\ 2x 250gig Sata 2x 160gig Sata\\ Win 7 Ent 64bit \\ Samsung 26" wide-screen LCD