HP LaserJet M1522nf - Scanning problems.

Any software related topics go in here.
Mystical_Titan

HP LaserJet M1522nf - Scanning problems.

Post by Mystical_Titan »

Hi everyone. Maybe someone on the forum can help me with a problem I'm having. I'm putting this under software, 'cause I'm pretty sure it's a software issue. Please be patient with all the reading work.

A client of mine uses a HP LaserJet M1522nf multi-function printer (print, fax, copy, scan). It's a Core 2 Duo machine with 2 GB RAM running Windows 7 Pro 32-bit, so a very good-specced office PC.

The problem I'm having is this: If you want to scan a page, you have to start the scan from Windows. If you press the scan button on the machine itsself, it says waiting for PC. At this point, a dialogue box on the PC is supposed to pop up, but it doesn't and the scanner reports an error (no error code is given). The hardware is connected via USB.

This is after I installed the software from HPs website under the following link:

http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/Te ... ma-78741-2

The machine also gave me an error during installation that the HP LaserJet service is not running. I don't know if this is affecting the scanning only as the printing works fine. If I start the service manually, it immediately goes offline.

Can anyone tell me why the scan button isn't working and how I can fix it? It would be MUCH appreciated.
Mystical_Titan

Re: HP LaserJet M1522nf - Scanning problems.

Post by Mystical_Titan »

I see now on HPs website that this problem has been unsolved for a number of months now... :(

Chances are then that no-one will be able to help.
wizardofid
Processor: Intel 2500K
Motherboard: Gigabyte B75M D3H
Graphics card: inno3d Jericho 570GTX
Memory: 8Gig DDR3 1333mhz

Post by wizardofid »

Have you tried 3rd party software like VueScan which support a lot of hardware?
"In my weird politically incorrect hypothetically incoherent contradicting obscured world definitively maybe"
Mystical_Titan

Post by Mystical_Titan »

My problem is getting the scanner to scan from the scan button on the scanner. :D

Will VueScan do that? Is it free / open source or do you need to pay for it?
wizardofid
Processor: Intel 2500K
Motherboard: Gigabyte B75M D3H
Graphics card: inno3d Jericho 570GTX
Memory: 8Gig DDR3 1333mhz

Post by wizardofid »

I am sure you can get a demo of it some where of the net.Vue supports most hardware...if you lucky it might support the HP...The software is pretty good...I have used it with the flatbed scanner it came bundled with....
"In my weird politically incorrect hypothetically incoherent contradicting obscured world definitively maybe"
Mystical_Titan

Post by Mystical_Titan »

Going to try something else first, if that doesn't work, will give Vue a shot. I want to try installing the Vista version of the software, see what happens.