Print screen in Win 7

Discussion and support for the Windows family of operating systems.
jee

Print screen in Win 7

Post by jee »

Help - for some reason my normal "print screen" and CTRL V in paint is not working on my laptop ( HP probook)
Tried ALT + print screen - nada
it will allow me to save an image to the hdd and then paste from there, but i need a proper print screen.

Any ideas?

thanks
"Integrity" and "integer" both contain a Latin root meaning "whole; complete." The root sense, then, is that people may be said to be acting with integrity when their beliefs, words, and actions have a sense of unity or wholeness.
hamin_aus
Forum Moderator
Processor: Intel i7 3770K
Motherboard: GA-Z77X-UP4 TH
Graphics card: Galax GTX1080
Memory: 32GB G.Skill Ripjaws

Re: Print screen in Win 7

Post by hamin_aus »

Start -> Search bar -> Snipping Tool
jee

Post by jee »

aahhhh thanks!
"Integrity" and "integer" both contain a Latin root meaning "whole; complete." The root sense, then, is that people may be said to be acting with integrity when their beliefs, words, and actions have a sense of unity or wholeness.
Stuart
Lead Forum Administrator

Post by Stuart »

On some laptops you have to use the Function button in order to make use of Print Screen.
ryanrich
Forum Moderator

Post by ryanrich »

On most laptops in fact. fn + prt sc.

Snipping tool that jamin pointed out is much simpler though, and you can select specific parts of the screen...
jee

Post by jee »

i love the snipping tool - so, Win7 users - any more tips for someone writing a computer manual?
Stuart
Lead Forum Administrator

Post by Stuart »

jee wrote:i love the snipping tool - so, Win7 users - any more tips for someone writing a computer manual?
Shut down properly before switching your computer off.
jee

Post by jee »

erm Rattie... i am not interested in that sort of tips....
i want Win7 design tips...
Stuart
Lead Forum Administrator

Post by Stuart »

jee wrote:erm Rattie... i am not interested in that sort of tips....
Okay, gotcha. I just figured that since we just managed to teach ADT that tip last week, it may prove useful to someone else too.
doo_much

Post by doo_much »

Stuart wrote:
jee wrote:erm Rattie... i am not interested in that sort of tips....
Okay, gotcha. I just figured that since we just managed to teach ADT that tip last week, it may prove useful to someone else too.
You taught ADT? Bah, now we know you're talking humus! :lol:

Gee - teach them every possible keyboard shortcut.
Like Ctrl-PageUp or Ctrl-PageDown to switch between sheets in Excel or using scroll lock to move down a page without moving from the active cell.
Nothing as infuriating as a user sitting there with sad eyes, alledgedly unable to work, because their mouse fell/got trampled or whatever.
MOOD - Thirsty

A surprising amount of modern pseudoscience is coming out of the environmental sector. Perhaps it should not be so surprising given that environmentalism is political rather than scientific.
Timothy Casey
jee

Post by jee »

erm. let me be clearer - I'm doing training manuals on our new system.
I'm not very good at M$ and am on top of that working on Win7
There are many new tricks like the snipping tool to enhance the work - screen dumps, tools to list out particulars - adding notes in screen prints ect.

I want those tips for me to make my work easier :)
doo_much

Post by doo_much »

Right.

Then my advice is useless. :cry:

*/scampers off to a corner....
MOOD - Thirsty

A surprising amount of modern pseudoscience is coming out of the environmental sector. Perhaps it should not be so surprising given that environmentalism is political rather than scientific.
Timothy Casey
jee

Post by jee »

actually if you can send me those shortcuts in M$ 2007... and Win7 you don't have to cry..
*she tries to say over the cacophony of the street outside with everyone hooting and blowing and with all her staff on the pavement*
doo_much

Post by doo_much »

jee wrote:actually if you can send me those shortcuts in M$ 2007... and Win7 you don't have to cry..
*she tries to say over the cacophony of the street outside with everyone hooting and blowing and with all her staff on the pavement*

Those are just ones I use off teh top of my head..

What is this new app you are using?
MOOD - Thirsty

Timothy Casey
Prime

Post by Prime »

I have a few useful office shortcuts.

Ctrl shift hyphen gives you a non breaking hyphen.
Ctrl shift space gives a non breaking space.
Ctrl hyphen is an optional hyphen

These prevent breaking across lines :)
jee

Post by jee »

win7? :D
jee

Post by jee »

excuse my total ignorance Prime but what is a non-break space?
DeeVeeDee

Post by DeeVeeDee »

i dont think many people know where the desktop digger is win win7, the rectangle block on the far bottom right.
_̴ı̴̴̡̡̡ ̡͌l̡̡̡ ̡͌l̡*̡̡ ̴̡ı̴̴̡ ̡̡͡|̲̲̲͡͡͡ ̲▫̲͡ ̲̲̲͡͡π̲̲͡͡ ̲̲͡▫̲̲͡͡ ̲|̡̡̡ ̡ ̴̡ı̴̡̡ ̡͌l̡̡̡