Graphics Designing software

Any software related topics go in here.
Salomon

Graphics Designing software

Post by Salomon »

Hi guys! Can anyone recommend FREE graphics designing software to create good graphics 3D models, animations etc.
Thanx!
KALSTER
Forum Moderator

Re: Graphics Designing software

Post by KALSTER »

Salomon wrote:Hi guys! Can anyone recommend FREE graphics designing software to create good graphics 3D models, animations etc.
Thanx!
Maya. Bryce 5.5 (might still get it for free).
"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." - Aristotle
Intel i5 2500; AsRock Z77 Extreme 4; Asus GTX580; 4x 2GB DDR3 1333; Intel 520 240GB SSD + 2x WD 3TB + 2TB Samsung; Samsung 22X DVD/RW; 23" LG W2343T-PF; Huntkey 700W
capanno

Post by capanno »

Maya aint free, and Bryce is primarily for landscapes.

Behold the mighty blender
Josh Dies is my hero! |50,000,601.375 forum points
DarkRedAngel

Post by DarkRedAngel »

Blender is nice but very complicated, and the tutorials only helps if you already know the program.
There is no charge for awesomeness.....
KALSTER
Forum Moderator

Post by KALSTER »

capanno wrote:Maya aint free, and Bryce is primarily for landscapes.
You get a free learning edition of Maya, as long as you don't use it for commercial gain (which, thinking about it, is probably exactly what Salomon wants to do :? ). Bryce is a bit more versatile than simple landscapes. You can create objects and animate them if you wish.
"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." - Aristotle
Intel i5 2500; AsRock Z77 Extreme 4; Asus GTX580; 4x 2GB DDR3 1333; Intel 520 240GB SSD + 2x WD 3TB + 2TB Samsung; Samsung 22X DVD/RW; 23" LG W2343T-PF; Huntkey 700W
GreyWolf
Processor: PHENOM II 945
Motherboard: Asus M4A78
Graphics card: HIS ICEQ 4850 1GB
Memory: 4GB CORSAIR XMS II 1066

Post by GreyWolf »

KALSTER wrote:
capanno wrote:Maya aint free, and Bryce is primarily for landscapes.
You get a free learning edition of Maya, as long as you don't use it for commercial gain (which, thinking about it, is probably exactly what Salomon wants to do :? ). Bryce is a bit more versatile than simple landscapes. You can create objects and animate them if you wish.
The best thing you can say about Bryce is ... er... hmm....

So yeah, get the Maya learning edition...
"Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist that black flag, and begin slitting throats."
- H. L. Mancken
capanno

Post by capanno »

Back when I used Maya PLE you got a watermark over all the renderings, and im sure there are limitations on exporting?
Josh Dies is my hero! |50,000,601.375 forum points
KALSTER
Forum Moderator

Post by KALSTER »

capanno wrote:Back when I used Maya PLE you got a watermark over all the renderings, and im sure there are limitations on exporting?
That might well be. I only downloaded it once, but never actually tested it
out. :?

GreyWolf: Yeah, I like Bryce because it is easy. Might not be the best thing for serious animating (not used by serious animators and designers I think as much), but it is not without its pluses.

Edit: Yeah, it looks like Maya does come with a watermark, but even worse, it was discontinued in 2008.

I have found what seems to be quite a good alternative though for both animations and 3D modelling, and its free. Check out trueSpace.
Salomon

Post by Salomon »

I downloaded the latest version of blender and it ROCKS!!! I recomend that all of ye go to blender's website : www.blender.org and check out the AMAZING 3D models under gallery. And it is actually quite easy to learn how to use it. There are a lot of tutorials on the net.
DarkRedAngel

Post by DarkRedAngel »

Salomon wrote:I downloaded the latest version of blender and it ROCKS!!! I recomend that all of ye go to blender's website : http://www.blender.org and check out the AMAZING 3D models under gallery. And it is actually quite easy to learn how to use it. There are a lot of tutorials on the net.
I also downloaded Blender but are struggling to get a option to do my own drawings it works nice if jou use their spheres and cubes and so on but i want to draw my own objects. any help on this ?
rustypup

Post by rustypup »

easy-ish... the quickest approach to getting into this is to use 2d views of the object in intersecting planes, (top,side and left or right).....

simple example... using this approach took me possibly 1hr to produce a fair reproduction of a spitfire...

blender tuts
Most people would sooner die than think; in fact, they do so - Bertrand Russel
DarkRedAngel

Post by DarkRedAngel »

Thanks it helps a bit,.... Meybe I'm just to stupid to grasp Blender will keep Trying though.