World of Warcraft Thread!

Anything to do with PC gaming goes in here.
RuadRauFlessa

Re: Wow players on this forum.

Post by RuadRauFlessa »

:rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock:
Spoiler (show)
Intel Core i7-2600k @ 3.4GHz
Corsair Vengence 2x4GB DDR3 2000MHz
Thermaltake Toughpower 850W
ASUS nVidia GTX560 1GB
CoolerMaster HAF 932
GreyWolf
Processor: PHENOM II 945
Motherboard: Asus M4A78
Graphics card: HIS ICEQ 4850 1GB
Memory: 4GB CORSAIR XMS II 1066

Post by GreyWolf »

Went into ICC last night for the first time. A couple of SAfers in the group. Was one of the most pleasant pug groups I have ever been in, and got a set of shoulders and helm to boot.
"Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist that black flag, and begin slitting throats."
- H. L. Mancken
RuadRauFlessa

Post by RuadRauFlessa »

How far did you get on your run? Oh and remember that currently you get a buff in ICC which did not used to be there. It gives you a +15% dbm, healing and stam increase which currently makes it a tad easier.
Spoiler (show)
ASUS nVidia GTX560 1GB
CoolerMaster HAF 932
GreyWolf

Post by GreyWolf »

On Wednesday we got to the professor. Last night we got to Saragosa. We wiped 5 times trying to kill the dragon, then we called it. I think we might be continuing next week. So yeah, 9/12 in 2 days. Not bad for my first run, all thanks to the awesome group.
"Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist that black flag, and begin slitting throats."
- H. L. Mancken
RuadRauFlessa

Post by RuadRauFlessa »

Jip Awesome group,. Most ppl on Auchindoun - EU is still sitting on 6/12 even with the 15% buff
Spoiler (show)
ASUS nVidia GTX560 1GB
CoolerMaster HAF 932
StarBound
Registered Pervert
Processor: Intel i7 4790k
Motherboard: MSI Z97 Gaming 7
Graphics card: MSI GTX780Ti Gaming
Memory: G.Skill Sniper 1866mhz 16GB

Post by StarBound »

Is it true the buff is going up to 25% before cataclysm?

Our problem is we are stuck on Lich King. I think our problem has more to do with placing than anything else atm. That fight is a bit chaotic from phase 2 onwards.
My Steam Screenshots

I lived the dream ...then my PC died.
RuadRauFlessa

Post by RuadRauFlessa »

AFAIK you should all stay close together in phase2... but I have not watched the movies lately. We are currently stuck at 6/12 cuz our guild is rather small... so no 25man's and I do sooo hate pugging... Especially on Auchindoun. Too many noobs and ninja lootmasters. On my 1st 25man run of ICC I actually lost 3 items due to a ninja looter which we kicked after the second boss cuz of it. I mean wtf I was the only cloth wearer in the raid. So to get back to the point. We only do 10man and even with the gear we got from ICC10 we just can't seem to pack enough punch at voidwalker. Our strat is bang on cuz we can manage it for about 70-80% of the fight and then bang just can't take down the adds quick enough. Before you know it you are flooded by those Skeletel Mages and then the fight is over. Quite a pain in the butt though.

No comment on the buff going up again. Would actually be a joke doing it with a 25% buff... Then you can actually do LK with a GS of below 5k depending on class/spec/ands......Will have to wait and see though.
Spoiler (show)
ASUS nVidia GTX560 1GB
CoolerMaster HAF 932
endev8003

Post by endev8003 »

Our guild is still on 4/12, last time I heard, although they might have moved on since then. I have only been to ICC three times now. Twice on Marrowgar, first as Moonkin, second as raid healer. On my second time we managed to down him, after the rest of the guys was stuck on him for a while. The third time I did raid healing again on Saurfang, although we never managed to down him in that try.

I should join the raids more. I'm about at the best gear I can get without raiding. Getting frost emblems without raiding is too slow.
Three Sheets Dutong: That stuff tastes like vomit baked in a glaze of goat hair and garnished with a sprinkling of horse dung.
RuadRauFlessa

Post by RuadRauFlessa »

To further accentuate my point. Almost all my gear is above iLVL 251... with a couple of exceptions where the 251 gear is actually worse for me than the ones I have equipped. I mean wtf is it with all the +hit gear in ICC10. 70% of the gear has massive ammounts of +hit on them. A staff with +160 odd hit rating.... seriously blizzard you have an frost emblem trinket with +160odd hit as well. Surely you would want people to actually use it even if it is just for a while. At the moment I can't make my mind up if I should go for a particular item or not as I would either be losing some other crucial stats for the trade off of about 100+ hit rating or I would completely lose the +hit I have on my current item and drop below the hit rating. As an Arcane mage I only need 12% hit rating which is cool but trying to keep it around that level is currently a nightmare.
Spoiler (show)
ASUS nVidia GTX560 1GB
CoolerMaster HAF 932
endev8003

Post by endev8003 »

I jsut remembered my VH experience last night on my shaman. The dungeon bugged out on us and started spawning multiple portals at the same time. We even had two fight two bosses at the same time, Lavanthor and Xevozz. That really was VH in insane mode.
Three Sheets Dutong: That stuff tastes like vomit baked in a glaze of goat hair and garnished with a sprinkling of horse dung.
GreyWolf

Post by GreyWolf »

RuadRauFlessa wrote:AFAIK you should all stay close together in phase2... but I have not watched the movies lately. We are currently stuck at 6/12 cuz our guild is rather small... so no 25man's and I do sooo hate pugging... Especially on Auchindoun. Too many noobs and ninja lootmasters. On my 1st 25man run of ICC I actually lost 3 items due to a ninja looter which we kicked after the second boss cuz of it. I mean wtf I was the only cloth wearer in the raid. So to get back to the point. We only do 10man and even with the gear we got from ICC10 we just can't seem to pack enough punch at voidwalker. Our strat is bang on cuz we can manage it for about 70-80% of the fight and then bang just can't take down the adds quick enough. Before you know it you are flooded by those Skeletel Mages and then the fight is over. Quite a pain in the butt though.

No comment on the buff going up again. Would actually be a joke doing it with a 25% buff... Then you can actually do LK with a GS of below 5k depending on class/spec/ands......Will have to wait and see though.
Raud: We did it with my hunter, a shammy and a dk dps at around 5.5k gs, and a mage and warlock with around 5.8kgs. We focused on the mages a lot. Are your healers going through the portals? If you are lacking DPS then your dps can also use the portals cos they get a 10% dps increase for every cloud they pick up.

StarBound... any advice for Saragosa? We always seem to wipe in the 3rd stage when she reaches around 1.5m hp.
- H. L. Mancken
RuadRauFlessa

Post by RuadRauFlessa »

Hmmm thanks GreyWolf. Seeing as I am a mage I will take on of the portals next time and make sure we get that extra dps. I was paying rather careful attention to what I am supposed to do so I don't generally notice if someone else fails on something they are supposed to do. Yes I am a mage but generally I am also not the top DPS in our raids. I focus a lot of my time on CC's, interrupts and dispels which most of the other dps with some of these abilities don't even bother with.
Spoiler (show)
ASUS nVidia GTX560 1GB
CoolerMaster HAF 932
GreyWolf

Post by GreyWolf »

RuadRauFlessa wrote:Hmmm thanks GreyWolf. Seeing as I am a mage I will take on of the portals next time and make sure we get that extra dps. I was paying rather careful attention to what I am supposed to do so I don't generally notice if someone else fails on something they are supposed to do. Yes I am a mage but generally I am also not the top DPS in our raids. I focus a lot of my time on CC's, interrupts and dispels which most of the other dps with some of these abilities don't even bother with.
I must tell you I was humbled by the lock and mage in the group. They were outpacing the rest of us by a LONG way in DPS last night, much more than the GS would justify. The mage has a 4 piece set bonus.
- H. L. Mancken
RuadRauFlessa

Post by RuadRauFlessa »

I only have the 2pc bonus at the moment. If I take the 4th t10 piece then I loose too much hit as discribed earlier. Else I would have taken it already. I have the emblems for it so as soon as I get the piece to accompany it I will go for it.
Spoiler (show)
ASUS nVidia GTX560 1GB
CoolerMaster HAF 932
DarkStar

Post by DarkStar »

RuadRauFlessa wrote:I only have the 2pc bonus at the moment. If I take the 4th t10 piece then I loose too much hit as discribed earlier. Else I would have taken it already. I have the emblems for it so as soon as I get the piece to accompany it I will go for it.

I don't have that issue.

Oh the joys of being a healer :mrgreen:

To those on Twilight's Hammer, I'll be coming over in the next month or two. My guild on Xavius disbanded, thereby leaving me nothing left to stay.

Question: Is there space on TH for a Resto Shaman?

*EDIT* On the Horde side, in case anyone was wondering...
If I can't find a friendship problem...I'll make a friendship problem!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lxo1qlk6gEI
Tel
Moderator Emeritus

Post by Tel »

DarkStar

There's always space for another healer :).

And what guild are you planning on joining on TH?
Be Silly. Be Honest. Be Kind. | Ralph Waldo Emerson
DarkStar

Post by DarkStar »

I'm going to try and join The Dark Realm. (Two of my friends are in there. Billyblaze and Jerd)

If that doesn't work, I'll scout around. If all else fails, there's always Pap en Vleis :P
If I can't find a friendship problem...I'll make a friendship problem!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lxo1qlk6gEI
StarBound
Registered Pervert

Post by StarBound »

Hehe. Pap en Vleis is just always there. Having a social guild around isnt a bad idea. It gives you time to step back and enjoy the game when not raiding as long as your not a booster rooster else someone is gonna flame grill you in guild chat.

We have down Sindragosa a total of 4 times now and people have threatened to leave guild over her. Our strat has her facing the STAIRS, everyone goes into melee range by her side. Once someone is targeted the person runs back and either left or right. We then everyone to drop there buff and dps down the frost tombs. We try not to skip this. I stayed out for a time to try and boost dps but the tick eventually killed me. She isnt an easy fight.
My Steam Screenshots

Ron2K
Forum Technical Administrator

Post by Ron2K »

:lol:
Kia kaha, Kia māia, Kia manawanui.
D3PART3D
Starbound's Dear

Post by D3PART3D »

ROFL
Ceterum autem censeo Samsung Mobile esse delendam.

When something is important enough, you do it even if the odds are not in your favor.
- Elon Musk
Prime

Post by Prime »

Oh Wow! I lol'd :lol:
StarBound
Registered Pervert

Post by StarBound »

I just thought I'd share :D

2 months we made no progress and in the past 2 days we got from phase 2 to phase 3, fixed the errors from phase 3 in 2 wipes and got the downing.
My Steam Screenshots

GreyWolf

Post by GreyWolf »

gz, senjor Kingslayer
- H. L. Mancken
RuadRauFlessa

Post by RuadRauFlessa »

Very nice... gz
Spoiler (show)
ASUS nVidia GTX560 1GB
CoolerMaster HAF 932
StarBound
Registered Pervert

Post by StarBound »

Spoiler but the voice this guy does is brilliant.
My Steam Screenshots