Scan to PDF fail

Any software related topics go in here.
senile

Scan to PDF fail

Post by senile »

When I press the Scan-to-PDF button on the scanner it automatically opens Microsoft Publisher with a blank project. Publisher can't even import anything from the scanner, so why does it even bother? I want to remove the Publisher association of my Canon MX860, please help. I installed Acrobat Pro but no, Canon insists that Publisher is the correct program to handle PDF.
Stuart
Lead Forum Administrator

Re: Scan to PDF fail

Post by Stuart »

Have you changed that in the Canon software? Have you even installed the software?
DeeVeeDee

Post by DeeVeeDee »

Hehe sounds like you frustrated.

The Canon scanner software normally comes with a Toolbar and in the settings of it you can configure it to open notepad if you wanted to apon pressing the scan button.

Or Assuming you have all the software installed and everything works.
and also assuming you are using Windows XP.

In 'Control Panel' find 'Scanners & Cameras' double click it , right click your scanner and select properties, on the events tab there is a dropdown and radio boxes which allows you to
change how the scanner acts when you connect it or press buttons.
_̴ı̴̴̡̡̡ ̡͌l̡̡̡ ̡͌l̡*̡̡ ̴̡ı̴̴̡ ̡̡͡|̲̲̲͡͡͡ ̲▫̲͡ ̲̲̲͡͡π̲̲͡͡ ̲̲͡▫̲̲͡͡ ̲|̡̡̡ ̡ ̴̡ı̴̡̡ ̡͌l̡̡̡
senile

Post by senile »

Stuart wrote:Have you changed that in the Canon software? Have you even installed the software?
Canon software...are you crazy? Scanning or printing with 400MB Canon bloatware is a 17-step process!
DeeVeeDee wrote:Hehe sounds like you frustrated.

The Canon scanner software normally comes with a Toolbar and in the settings of it you can configure it to open notepad if you wanted to apon pressing the scan button.

Or Assuming you have all the software installed and everything works.
and also assuming you are using Windows XP.

In 'Control Panel' find 'Scanners & Cameras' double click it , right click your scanner and select properties, on the events tab there is a dropdown and radio boxes which allows you to
change how the scanner acts when you connect it or press buttons.

Thanks I'm gonna try that!
Stuart
Lead Forum Administrator

Post by Stuart »

senile wrote:
Stuart wrote:Have you changed that in the Canon software? Have you even installed the software?
Canon software...are you crazy? Scanning or printing with 400MB Canon bloatware is a 17-step process!
Erm, okay then, good luck.