How to reset excel 2003 to factory defaults ?

Any software related topics go in here.
DeeVeeDee

How to reset excel 2003 to factory defaults ?

Post by DeeVeeDee »

I have a user who cant change the background and fore colour of a cell.
This is not only a problem on a specific workbook but on new sheets aswell.
_̴ı̴̴̡̡̡ ̡͌l̡̡̡ ̡͌l̡*̡̡ ̴̡ı̴̴̡ ̡̡͡|̲̲̲͡͡͡ ̲▫̲͡ ̲̲̲͡͡π̲̲͡͡ ̲̲͡▫̲̲͡͡ ̲|̡̡̡ ̡ ̴̡ı̴̡̡ ̡͌l̡̡̡
Tribble
Processor: Intel Core i7-4770K CPU@3.50GHz
Motherboard: ACPI x64-based PC
Graphics card: GeForce GTX 780 Ti
Memory: 16GB

Re: How to reset excel 2003 to factory defaults ?

Post by Tribble »

You can locate the book.xlt file and copy it into the XLStart folder under Application Data. Or you can to to the Help menu and and use the Auto-detect and repair feature. That resets the program to the defaults. I know because I messed up the standard template so badly :oops:
DeeVeeDee

Post by DeeVeeDee »

I read somewhere on google i can do something with an XLT but closed the page cus i thought its referring to a Workbook's temporary file.

Thanks Allot, I will give it a go!
_̴ı̴̴̡̡̡ ̡͌l̡̡̡ ̡͌l̡*̡̡ ̴̡ı̴̴̡ ̡̡͡|̲̲̲͡͡͡ ̲▫̲͡ ̲̲̲͡͡π̲̲͡͡ ̲̲͡▫̲̲͡͡ ̲|̡̡̡ ̡ ̴̡ı̴̡̡ ̡͌l̡̡̡
Tribble
Processor: Intel Core i7-4770K CPU@3.50GHz
Motherboard: ACPI x64-based PC
Graphics card: GeForce GTX 780 Ti
Memory: 16GB

Post by Tribble »

That is what I am talking about. It is a file called book.xlt and it is hidden. You need to locate it - unhide it and copy it into the XLStart folder. Then you need to hide it again if I remember correctly (but it may not be necessary).
DeeVeeDee

Post by DeeVeeDee »

Tribble wrote:That is what I am talking about. It is a file called book.xlt and it is hidden. You need to locate it - unhide it and copy it into the XLStart folder. Then you need to hide it again if I remember correctly (but it may not be necessary).
Yes but when you open an Xls file it also creates a hidden temp file, thats what i'm talking about you are talking about the master template file. I THINK :mrgreen: