QuickBooksPro Help needed

Any software related topics go in here.
doo_much

QuickBooksPro Help needed

Post by doo_much »

OK, so the business started getting more income from sales than consultancy and we were forced to register for VAT. No problem.

Except for Quickbooks.

When I create a Estimate/Quote the VAT on the sale is not displayed, but it is on the invoice. Pain in the fundament.
Quickbooks help reckons this is a feature not a f**k-up (I'm not convinced).

Does anyone know of a) a workaround/fix OR b) alternative software I can use to do quotes and invoices?
I do not use the system for bookkeeping.
MOOD - Thirsty

A surprising amount of modern pseudoscience is coming out of the environmental sector. Perhaps it should not be so surprising given that environmentalism is political rather than scientific.
Timothy Casey
Mclaren

Re: QuickBooksPro Help needed

Post by Mclaren »

i have the same problem.

What i do is print the quote, and i have a excel spread sheet set up so i enter in the values and print on the quote again to insert the vat.

On emailed quotes, i insert a comment under the last item description and give a breakdown of the total excl, the vat amount and the grand total.

A schlep but it works.

what verion of quick books, i am using pro 6, i think it was made in 1732.....
Mclaren

Post by Mclaren »

alternative: turbo cash, but i find it rather cumbersome to use.
Mykhal

Post by Mykhal »

Doo - look at http://www.turbocash.net

It is an Opensource accounting package with its core development in South Africa! I am actually one of the local programmers on this project. Due to the program being VERY big and difficult to get into, the amount of developers is very low, basically around 10.

I helped a guy in Swakopmund to do his invoices and quotes on TurboCASH during Monday, and he is very happy. If you are wondering about its ability to handle VAT- at the one bookkeeper I worked we used TurboCASH as our main accounting package, and did ALL our clients' VAT on TurboCASH.

PM me if you want more information!
Dual Core E2140@1.6GHz, 2 Gig Ram, 500 Gig Samsung HD, 80 Gig Maxtor, Geforce 7300se :oops:
Thanx Ama :notworthy:
doo_much

Post by doo_much »

Mykhal wrote:Doo - look at http://www.turbocash.net
Thanks, I've been playing with it all afternoon. But I'm afraid I have to agree with Mclaren's assessment that's it is a bit cumbersome.
The interface takes a some getting used to - I'm not an accountant I'm afraid so I'm very much dependant on the help. Which is not something I'm really have time for at the moment. :?

I'll play around for a while longer and if I don't come right I'll build myself something in Excel - I really only need to do quotes and invoices.
MOOD - Thirsty

A surprising amount of modern pseudoscience is coming out of the environmental sector. Perhaps it should not be so surprising given that environmentalism is political rather than scientific.
Timothy Casey