CPU Temp and Overclock Questions: Please help?

Push it to the max but make sure that you keep it cool!
knifeking

CPU Temp and Overclock Questions: Please help?

Post by knifeking »

hi i whould like to know why i couldnt see a difference in cpu temp from my old cosmos 1000 case o my haf 932 case? and then when i overclock i cant get my fsb past 2.75 ghz by increasing only the fsb i dnt wna increase voltage im stil a bit 1 scared lol my specs are haff 932 full tower core 2 quad q 8400 4 gb ddr2 kingston ram and a gtx 260 asus brand
Last edited by Anakha56 on 06 Apr 2010, 23:48, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Took out the Italics and made the header clearer.
ADV4NCED

Re: CPU Temp and Overclock Questions: Please help?

Post by ADV4NCED »

Dude if you want help, please construct logical and grammatically correct sentences so we can actually understand you properly... kapish?

And use more lines when writing, also helps to make what you're saying easier to read :P

Now, how many case fans are in your HAF? Have you got them correctly installed?

As in, the fan in front installed as your intake fan (sucking air into the case) and the fan at the back as your exhaust fan (blowing air out of the case).

The HAF should also have that big (180mm ?) fan on top which blows air outa the case. So these all installed correctly and working?

Secondly, what cooler or heatsink/fan are you using on your CPU? The stock, default Intel heatsink/fan ?

What is your current FSB and Multi setting?

Looks to me like its probably 345*8 ?

Also, what PSU are you using? State the full specs of your system, it will only help
I am 63% addicted to Counterstrike. What about you?
R3D

Re: CPU Temp and Overclock Questions: Please help?

Post by R3D »

What CPU cooler do you have. What was the voltages and whats the full specs of your ram