Outlook 2003 Recipient address rejected. Help!

Any software related topics go in here.
Kellett.md

Outlook 2003 Recipient address rejected. Help!

Post by Kellett.md »

Hi

I have been trying to solve an issue that prevents me from sending mail in outlook 2003. The mail does send on the odd occasion and at other times will not. The times when it does not send the mail does leave the outbox and goes to the sentbox. However the mail does not send and I receive the following in my inbox:

-Your message did not reach some or all of the intended recipients.
- Subject: FW: Address
- Sent: 2010/02/12 11:34 AM
-
-The following recipient(s) could not be reached:
-
- 'Blah@Blah.co.za' on 2010/02/12 11:34 AM
- 554 <Blah@Blah.co.za>: Recipient address rejected: Access denied

I have tried recreating the email account, I have checked the SMTP and all other account settings and I cannot find any firewall or other program blocking the emails. If you test the account settings you do not get any errors. I have also tried sending with email authentication both on and off. The email address is correct and can be reached. This all happens on the works network but if I connect through my 3g connection after changing the outlook account so that the SMTP settings are correct I do not have any problems.

The computer is a Dell laptop running Windows Xp(sp2) and outlook 2003. It connects through a wireless network and has Nod32 installed.

Any advice or help would be greatly appreciated as this problem is creating many difficulties.
Anthro
Moderator Emeritus
Processor: i7 3770k
Motherboard: ASUS P8P67-Pro
Graphics card: 2xNvidia GTX670
Memory: 16 GB Gskill Sniper

Re: Outlook 2003 Recipient address rejected. Help!

Post by Anthro »

Are you using your own domain to send these emails ? Most of the times I have found it to be the recipient server has flagged your domain as a 'spam' domain. Ie the originating IP address not matching up with the true senders identity
Have you checked blacklistings for your domain ?
Give me the domain name is possible, can check for you.
Also, can you not send to this entire domain, or just the one user
Temporary Absence
Kellett.md

Post by Kellett.md »

I am trying to send the mail to '@coronation.co.za'. My smtp server is smtp.uunet.co.za and my domain is @cycletour.co.za

I do not think that it is just the one user as sending to many other domains I also get the same problem. I have found that if I restart outlook I can send a single mail any others after that fail and restarting outlook does not always work.
Anthro
Moderator Emeritus

Post by Anthro »

It connects through a wireless network
Wireless as in your ADSL router is wireless ? or a Wireless ISP ?
If it is a WISP, then contact them to find out if they are having issues with email relaying.
Temporary Absence
Kellett.md

Post by Kellett.md »

Its a wirless ADSL router connected to the network. There are a few other computers using the wireless and they do not seem to have this problem.
Anthro
Moderator Emeritus

Post by Anthro »

Further reading also suggests that your host for your @cycletour.co.za domain (email portion) might need to flag that you can send to that domain (relay access seems to be prohibited)
Coronation is also a multinational company, and their internal filters (IE mailMarshal) might be blocking your domain per admin set rule (related to entertainment / sports)
Temporary Absence
Stuart
Lead Forum Administrator

Post by Stuart »

A couple of guys on MyBB had some issues recently where their emails started bouncing and changing the outgoing port to 26 helped. Not convinced it will do anything here, but there's no harm in trying. You can switch it back immediately if it makes no difference.
Kellett.md

Post by Kellett.md »

Changing the outgoing port helped temporarily, the first few emails sent correctly. It then started not sending again. Changing the outgoing port back then allowed a few more emails to be sent.

I shall continue to with between the two as a temporary solution while I wait for @cycletour.co.za host and Coronation to respond to my emails and see if they have a solution for me.

Thanks for the help its greatly appreciated, it will at least let me send mails. Will wait for the response from the @cycletour.co.za host and Coronation.
Tribble
Processor: Intel Core i7-4770K CPU@3.50GHz
Motherboard: ACPI x64-based PC
Graphics card: GeForce GTX 780 Ti
Memory: 16GB

Post by Tribble »

Are you sending lots of emails at a time? If so - Outlook might think it is a virus and then my block the emails going out. I saw that if I had sent to an email earlier in the day and then tried to send a group email that included that address, it blocked only those that had received mails before.
Kellett.md

Post by Kellett.md »

I seem to have half solved the problem. I do not know exactly what I have done to fix it but I have re installed outlook and after recreating the email accounts a few times everything seems to be working. The problem still occurs every few hundred emails but by setting outlook to work offline then closing and re opening outlook and setting it to work online seems to fix the problem again.

Both @cycletour host and Corronation replied to say nothing had changed on their side.

Thank you every one for your help, it was and is greatly appreciated.
.DG.

Post by .DG. »

I seem to have the same problem with my @lantic.net accounts they don't want to send so now I try tsd.co.za, but then after a while lantic works again and tsd stops working...
.DG.

Post by .DG. »

I finally got the solution. Your smtp address has to be the one of your ISP for example I use Lantic for mail, but send using a MTN modem so my smtp address has to be mail.mtn.co.za and not mail.lantic.net.
Stuart
Lead Forum Administrator

Post by Stuart »

.DG. wrote:I finally got the solution. Your smtp address has to be the one of your ISP for example I use Lantic for mail, but send using a MTN modem so my smtp address has to be mail.mtn.co.za and not mail.lantic.net.
Not entirely true. In your case, yes, because you can't send mail while connected via 3G from @lantic. Still, you get smtp servers that will send from any connection. You can use the Gmail smtp and it will send regardless of how you're connected. Same with my own domain's smtp.