Extend Opera

Any software related topics go in here.
Xiphan

Extend Opera

Post by Xiphan »

I just discovered this site and it has some nifty things there for Opera users. One thing I really liked is that I now have WOT working in Opera! :)

To get started do the following:

1) Create a folder somewhere on your PC, you can name it anything you like.

2) Click the Opera Menu (Opera 10.5 - 10.5x) and Click Preferences under the Settings menu. Alternatively you can press Ctrl+F12.

3) Click on the Advanced tab and click on Content in the left pane. Then Click on JavaScript Options.

4) Specify the folder you created under User JavaScript Folder.

5) Click on OK. Now all you have to do is save scripts from ExtendOpera in that folder and they will automatically be applied to the sites they're intended for the next time you load them. This method is obviously not as simple as the Greasemonkey extension for Firefox but at least it's something. Also I don't know if scripts from userscripts.org will work with Opera.

Have fun and let me know of any cool scripts you find out there. ;)
1gn1t0r

Re: Extend Opera

Post by 1gn1t0r »

On a similiar topic. I am looking for a plugin for firefox, or any web browser for that matter which will reduce the image quality so that it takes less bandwidth, anyone know of that ?
rustypup

Post by rustypup »

opera turbo - although i would advise against using it during banking/financial transactions...

<suspects 1gn1t0r of being a particularly cunning spambot...>
Most people would sooner die than think; in fact, they do so - Bertrand Russel
Xiphan

Post by Xiphan »

I know what you're talking about. I used to use this Java program when I used 3G to connect to the net. It would lower the quality of images and thus save you bandwidth. Alas I cannot remember the name of the app. Sorry. :(