StarPhoenix
B.Soc.Sci, M.SocSci [UPCF]
Processor: Core i5 3470
Motherboard: Gigabyte G1 Sniper Z77
Graphics card: nVidia GeForce GTX 1060
Memory: 8Gb DDR3 1600

MyISP's turn to set the cat amongst the pigeons

Post by StarPhoenix »

MWEB surprised the market two weeks ago with the launch of their affordable uncapped offerings starting from R219 per month.

Since then the ADSL ISP market has seen the launch of numerous competing uncapped offerings, with prices dropping to as low as R196 per account.

The flood of uncapped ADSL offerings at more and more competitive rates however does not seem to be abating. MyISP, well known for their affordable capped ADSL services, have now launch the most affordable uncapped offering of them all.

“Today we are launching our 384 Kbps uncapped service for R159 per month, and our 4 Mbps service for R459. We believe that these services offer probably some of the best deals on the market today,” said MyISP Director Leon Gerber.

“MWEB has done the South African ISP industry and the consumer a huge favour - we are now moving towards international standards,” says Gerber.

Gerber stresses that these services are shaped, and are not necessarily the best offering for all types of users. “For relatively heavy users who want peer to peer services plus fast download speeds our 10 Gig service at R200 pm is still unbeatable value,” said Gerber.

Gerber added that their uncapped services are most suited for households where parents often find that they can’t control their kids’ appetite for data. “Uncapped accounts may be a suitable solution for this environment.”

Gerber added that he is confident that MyISP will have an uncapped service for under a R100 before the end of the month.

The MyISP offering undercuts MWEB’s R219 per month for an uncapped DSL384 account, and is also more affordable than Afrihost’s R197 per month and Axxess’ R196 per month.
I am still going to wait until I know what Telkom is planning.
"Humankind cannot bear very much reality." T.S. Elliot
Tel
Moderator Emeritus

Re: MyISP's turn to set the cat amongst the pigeons

Post by Tel »

I don't think Telkom will try to even beat Mweb's price, let alone any of the cheaper ones.
Be Silly. Be Honest. Be Kind. | Ralph Waldo Emerson
StarPhoenix
B.Soc.Sci, M.SocSci [UPCF]
Processor: Core i5 3470
Motherboard: Gigabyte G1 Sniper Z77
Graphics card: nVidia GeForce GTX 1060
Memory: 8Gb DDR3 1600

Post by StarPhoenix »

If not, I hope that they will at least increase cap sizes and perhaps give 384k lines a much-needed boost.

I can dream. ;-)
"Humankind cannot bear very much reality." T.S. Elliot
Tel
Moderator Emeritus

Post by Tel »

Or ditch 384K lines, and upgrade everyone to 4Mb (me included) :P.
Be Silly. Be Honest. Be Kind. | Ralph Waldo Emerson
rustypup

Post by rustypup »

the contention on these lines is going to get ugly...

we're still some ways away from true uncapped BB in this country... until such time as someone shivs telkom, we're not going anywhere in a hurry....
Most people would sooner die than think; in fact, they do so - Bertrand Russel
wizardofid
Processor: Intel 2500K
Motherboard: Gigabyte B75M D3H
Graphics card: inno3d Jericho 570GTX
Memory: 8Gig DDR3 1333mhz

Post by wizardofid »

until such time as someone shivs telkom, we're not going anywhere in a hurry....
Well the problem is, telkom is being shived slowly to death in any case....with more and more privately owned infrastructure being installed.But will still be awhile before telkom is 100% bypassed infrastructure wise....

I have seen some places (new complexes, businesses ect) that have banned telkom and telkom infrastructure from their premises the rumors are that they purposely resorted to sabotage which I find wickedly evil from telkom.Is this some thing telkom would do.?I think so.They are slowly being pressed in a corner they just don't know it yet....Maybe they will notice this too late and will be left with a eskom egg of their faces....High hopes !!!
"In my weird politically incorrect hypothetically incoherent contradicting obscured world definitively maybe"