www.crowntech.co.za

A place for all tech stuff that doesn't really belong anywhere else.
psYChowIt

www.crowntech.co.za

Post by psYChowIt »

Haven't posted here in ages.
but.
I desperately need a tablet.
and CrownTech has amazing prices on their goodies.

Think they're reliable?
DeathStrike
Location: hidden deep in the depths of the underworld is my home.

Re: www.crowntech.co.za

Post by DeathStrike »

Just went to their website... on the homepage is a rate the site or service... and only 3 customers have rated..

That shows very little traffic flow.
Spoiler: (show)
SIG by HMAN 8)
Member of The Pride Of Darkness
DeathStrike on Twitter
About me
Spoiler: (show)
Asus P5KPL-CM motherboard, 4 GIG RAM, Q6600 @ 2.88GHz (Thanks Anthro), GeForce 8600GT, Samsung 2333 23" + CRT 17" Monitors. 500GB + 1.5TB HDD, Compro TV tuner, 350 WATT PSU
DAE_JA_VOO

Post by DAE_JA_VOO »

Apparently they're legit. Look at their affiliates.

That stupid Quick LinX thing makes me never want to see that site again though.

EDIT:

Gosh, look at this:

Man, stuff like this drives me nuts :( That kind of punctuation error is not something that anyone over the age of 10 should be making.
That guy that used to mod cases. Now I take photos. True story.
KALSTER
Forum Moderator

Post by KALSTER »

Wow, looks like my shop will have to be perfect once it goes live huh? :?

That Oneshop trusted shop thingy would be good enough for me. They won't disappear with your money.
"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." - Aristotle
Intel i5 2500; AsRock Z77 Extreme 4; Asus GTX580; 4x 2GB DDR3 1333; Intel 520 240GB SSD + 2x WD 3TB + 2TB Samsung; Samsung 22X DVD/RW; 23" LG W2343T-PF; Huntkey 700W
DAE_JA_VOO

Post by DAE_JA_VOO »

KALSTER wrote:Wow, looks like my shop will have to be perfect once it goes live huh? :?
Did you think you could get away with less?

Potential customers see stuff like that and will get a bad impression of you as a business, which you don't want. Spelling, grammar, and punctuation mistakes have no place whatsoever on a website like that. In fact, they have no place on any website. We're not children anymore ;)
KALSTER
Forum Moderator

Post by KALSTER »

Not what I am saying. Not even you are perfect (not that you are saying you are) and mistakes get made no matter how careful and professional you try to be, even stupid ones. If the site is riddled with mistakes, then I might think in your direction, but not for one or two minor ones.
"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." - Aristotle
Intel i5 2500; AsRock Z77 Extreme 4; Asus GTX580; 4x 2GB DDR3 1333; Intel 520 240GB SSD + 2x WD 3TB + 2TB Samsung; Samsung 22X DVD/RW; 23" LG W2343T-PF; Huntkey 700W
DAE_JA_VOO

Post by DAE_JA_VOO »

Hmmm, I guess that may be the way you look at it :P

While I DO agree that none of us are perfect, and that we all make mistakes, I honestly don't feel like that sort of error can be excused; let me explain why. Fine, let's say it was a typo, or the guy was tired, or he just made the mistake - fine, we all make those. The fact that he didn't go back and CHECK for silly mistakes like this is where the problem lies. Sure, we ALL make mistakes, but someone or something in the public eye should be checked and rechecked for mistakes like this. Honestly, as an end user, I can't help but feel a lack of motivation to buy from that store, because the people behind that store don't even make the effort to make sure that the site looks good. I mean, are you going to find errors like this on the Ferrari website? HIGHLY unlikely.

That's just the way I see it, from my consumer point of view.
Prime

Post by Prime »

DAE_JA_VOO wrote:
KALSTER wrote:Wow, looks like my shop will have to be perfect once it goes live huh? :?

Potential customers see stuff like that and will get a bad impression of you as a business, which you don't want. Spelling, grammar, and punctuation mistakes have no place whatsoever on a website like that. In fact, they have no place on any website. We're not children anymore ;)
And yet people shop on prophecy. That site has more mistakes than Steavie wonder trying hang a picture. :?
KALSTER
Forum Moderator

Post by KALSTER »

Prime wrote:
DAE_JA_VOO wrote:

And yet people shop on prophecy. That site has more mistakes than Steavie wonder trying hang a picture. :?
Word.
doo_much

Post by doo_much »

DAE_JA_VOO wrote:Hmmm, I guess that may be the way you look at it :P

---snip---

From my consumer point of view, I look at the price and forgive spelling and grammar as a matter of course. :wink:
MOOD - Thirsty

A surprising amount of modern pseudoscience is coming out of the environmental sector. Perhaps it should not be so surprising given that environmentalism is political rather than scientific.
Timothy Casey
Prime

Post by Prime »

doo_much wrote:
DAE_JA_VOO wrote:Hmmm, I guess that may be the way you look at it :P

---snip---

From my consumer point of view, I look at the price and forgive spelling and grammar as a matter of course. :wink:
Not When the Product information is completely wrong. :|
doo_much

Post by doo_much »

Prime wrote: Not When the Product information is completely wrong. :|
Ahh, but we're discussing linguistic accuracy.

Product Information is a totally different kettle of fish.
MOOD - Thirsty

A surprising amount of modern pseudoscience is coming out of the environmental sector. Perhaps it should not be so surprising given that environmentalism is political rather than scientific.
Timothy Casey
KALSTER
Forum Moderator

Post by KALSTER »

doo_much wrote:
Prime wrote: Not When the Product information is completely wrong. :|
Ahh, but we're discussing linguistic accuracy.

Product Information is a totally different kettle of fish.
I totally agree.
Monty
Forum Moderator
Processor: Intel i5-4690K @ 4.5GHZ
Motherboard: ASUS Maximus VII Formula
Graphics card: ASUS GTX970 Strix
Memory: 4 x 4GB Corsair Dominators

Post by Monty »

Just to defend them a bit with regards to silly mistakes like spelling errors:

When I wrote programs (or played a lot with numbers), I would always get someone else to double check my work, as you become so over whelmed with the information you miss even the most basic of mistakes. You often need another set of eyes to make your work as near to perfect as possible.
Art Williams wrote:I'm not telling you it is going to be easy, I'm telling you it's going to be worth it.
KALSTER
Forum Moderator

Post by KALSTER »

You often need another set of eyes to make your work as near to perfect as possible.
Yeah, I sometimes miss the omission of entire words even after reviewing three or more times. :?
Mykhal

Post by Mykhal »

When I worked in an accountant's office, I refused to review my own work! It seems to me because you know what it is supposed to read like, your brain automatically corrects any mistakes - even up to the point of filling in whole mmissing words, as Kalster mentioned.

Just shows the power of the unconsious mind...
Dual Core E2140@1.6GHz, 2 Gig Ram, 500 Gig Samsung HD, 80 Gig Maxtor, Geforce 7300se :oops:
Thanx Ama :notworthy:
doo_much

Post by doo_much »

Raaaait. And back on topic.

Can anyone out there vouchsafe for Crowntech? Some of their prices are rather good.
MOOD - Thirsty

Timothy Casey
SoulBlade

Post by SoulBlade »

Awesome, a thread about my topic of the moment.

How is this shop? Reliability, product info, response, customer care, security, etc, the whole shebang.
I don't want to hear anything about spelling mistakes and the like...
They are holding my Samsung T240 ransom for a sweet R2,485. (incl vat)

SB
Core i5 3550 | 8GB RAM | 500W | Samsung T260 | GTX760 OC | 4.56TB HDD space
doo_much

Post by doo_much »

Have a look here. These guys reckon they're on the level.
MOOD - Thirsty

Timothy Casey
SoulBlade

Post by SoulBlade »

Hmm, have seen the thread but wanted some more confirmation here.
Thx, I need some cheapo earphones anyway so I'll put them to the test.
doo_much

Post by doo_much »

I'll ask UberAdmin to change you to "Registered Guinea-pig" so long... :twisted:
MOOD - Thirsty

Timothy Casey
SoulBlade

Post by SoulBlade »

Bought some cheap bottom earphones.
Also check this out. http://www.shopmania.co.za/shopping~sto ... m-138.html
SoulBlade

Post by SoulBlade »

Earphones arrived 5 min ago. Service was OK. I used the wrong reference to EFT money. Email crown and explained. They didn't reply like I requested but another email came through saying the item is on it's way.

While I felt a bit of a disconnect (personal communication) I'd buy from them again. My only gripe is me not buying the T240 as it's discontinued and out of stock. (Remove item from DB then :evil: )
Bought T260 from Nivo instead.