Webmail autoforward

A place for all tech stuff that doesn't really belong anywhere else.
sarak

Webmail autoforward

Post by sarak »

Does anyone know if it's possible to autoforward from webmail to eg gmail. The webmail support is of no help & don't bother responding to my emails. I want to can my webmail account but have too many emails going there at the moment to be able to stop using it completely. Also, webmail cannot be downloaded on local data anymore which is a problem for me.
Monty
Forum Moderator
Processor: Intel i5-4690K @ 4.5GHZ
Motherboard: ASUS Maximus VII Formula
Graphics card: ASUS GTX970 Strix
Memory: 4 x 4GB Corsair Dominators

Re: Webmail autoforward

Post by Monty »

Why not just import the webmail account in to gmail?
Art Williams wrote:I'm not telling you it is going to be easy, I'm telling you it's going to be worth it.
sarak

Post by sarak »

How do I do that?
ADV4NCED

Post by ADV4NCED »

I dont have a gmail account so I cant describe the above steps to you that monty spoke of,

But I do have another solution - which is what I did for my father who also had a webmail (actually mailbox) email account..

Anyway, all you have to do to get your emails into outlook for example is setup a new email account (in the email client you use), enter your login details etc. and use pop3.webmail.co.za as your incoming mail server, this way you'll receive your email in your client instead of having to login at webmail.co.za - which gives so much crap its unbelievable!

Oh yeah just leave SMTP or outgoing server blank, which will give you an error everytime you send/receive but you'll still receive your mail from the webmail account.

Then just setup your other email account there, so you have the 'send mail' functionality as you wont be able to send mail from the webmail account through your email client.

Hope that helps

edit: Had a quick look at office outlook, there is an option to remove sending or receiving on a certain account, so depending on your email client - I'm sure that option or functionality is hidden somewhere in the settings. Check send/receive settings obviously to stop receiving the error bout not being able to find the outgoing server for webmail...
I am 63% addicted to Counterstrike. What about you?
Stuart
Lead Forum Administrator

Post by Stuart »

Browsing on my phone so this may prove a dud but check: http://www2.smumn.edu/helpdesk/Helpdesk ... rsonal.htm
Monty
Forum Moderator
Processor: Intel i5-4690K @ 4.5GHZ
Motherboard: ASUS Maximus VII Formula
Graphics card: ASUS GTX970 Strix
Memory: 4 x 4GB Corsair Dominators

Post by Monty »

gmail >> settings >> Accounts and Import >> Check mail using POP3
Art Williams wrote:I'm not telling you it is going to be easy, I'm telling you it's going to be worth it.
sarak

Post by sarak »

Thanks Guys - I imported into Gmail and it worked!