Sainet Uncapped Offerings

Network problem solving and tweaks
Stuart
Lead Forum Administrator

Sainet Uncapped Offerings

Post by Stuart »

http://www.sainet.co.za/item.asp?id=127 ... 9uc3VtZXI=

Another uncapped offering will be popping up in April. Sainet have already have matched Afrihost with the R29/GB, but I see that from 1 April they're launching some fairly decent* uncapped solutions.

384kbps = R449 p/m
512kbps = R999 p/m
1mbps = R1899 p/m
4mbps = R2599 p/m

* "Decent" is used here in comparison to other South African options. The rest of the world still laughs at us.

Anyone here have any experienced with Sainet?
KALSTER
Forum Moderator

Re: Sainet Uncapped Offerings

Post by KALSTER »

I bought my first ever ADSL bandwidth from them. They were not too bad, but they didn't have 24 hour support last time I checked though.
"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." - Aristotle
Intel i5 2500; AsRock Z77 Extreme 4; Asus GTX580; 4x 2GB DDR3 1333; Intel 520 240GB SSD + 2x WD 3TB + 2TB Samsung; Samsung 22X DVD/RW; 23" LG W2343T-PF; Huntkey 700W
Stuart
Lead Forum Administrator

Post by Stuart »

KALSTER wrote:
I bought my first ever ADSL bandwidth from them. They were not too bad, but they didn't have 24 hour support last time I checked though.
They still don't. How big an issue is that, realistically? I've only ever had to contact my ISP once outside of regular working hours. Ironically enough, it was WA and someone was available on Christmas Day. :oops:
KALSTER
Forum Moderator

Post by KALSTER »

When I started (after the Sainet bandwidth for testing purposes) I was using a VPN account from Openweb. It was a terrible service and there were many and continuing problems with it. During that time I cursed many a god for bringing this torture on me, part of which was related to the nearly non-existent and unreachable office hours support, and email only after hours support. Of course, it was a horrible product to begin with. After switching to WA I have only ever had minor issues and only one or two times after hours. For me the waiting and not knowing what is going on is worse than the actual problem. When you are downloading something or playing online and the connection fails, not being able to find out what is going on and how long it will take can drive you up the walls. Maybe thats just me. :?

But, if their up times are good, then the rare pulling out of hair might be worth the extra cash savings.
"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." - Aristotle
Intel i5 2500; AsRock Z77 Extreme 4; Asus GTX580; 4x 2GB DDR3 1333; Intel 520 240GB SSD + 2x WD 3TB + 2TB Samsung; Samsung 22X DVD/RW; 23" LG W2343T-PF; Huntkey 700W
Stuart
Lead Forum Administrator

Post by Stuart »

After hours downtime would also irritate me, so their uptime ratio is a big thing. I'm cancelling with WA effective 28 Feb, so I'll try a smaller Sainet package for a month and see how it goes before looking at the uncapped.
KALSTER
Forum Moderator

Post by KALSTER »

At least it is very easy to just get a new account from WA if SAINET disappoints.
StarPhoenix
B.Soc.Sci, M.SocSci [UPCF]
Processor: Core i5 3470
Motherboard: Gigabyte G1 Sniper Z77
Graphics card: nVidia GeForce GTX 1060
Memory: 8Gb DDR3 1600

Post by StarPhoenix »

Mousie, they are already offering the R499 including line rental account.
What begins on 1 April is the R449 data only account.
384k line rental for R50, anyone?
I am off to do some arithmatic.

I see that they are based in East London too.
Who would have thunk.

So thats...R499+R131 p.m. for the telephone line.
"Humankind cannot bear very much reality." T.S. Elliot
Stuart
Lead Forum Administrator

Post by Stuart »

StarPhoenix wrote:I am off to do some arithmatic.
They've called it "maths" since the early 1960s. :P

I think I'd prefer to stick with Telkom for my line, but maybe I should do some mat ... erm .. arithmatic too.

Or should I await a report back from the guinea phoenix?
Monty
Forum Moderator
Processor: Intel i5-4690K @ 4.5GHZ
Motherboard: ASUS Maximus VII Formula
Graphics card: ASUS GTX970 Strix
Memory: 4 x 4GB Corsair Dominators

Post by Monty »

Month to month contract
Thats quite nice - gives you the option to test. (And now I wish I was still 512kb line)
Art Williams wrote:I'm not telling you it is going to be easy, I'm telling you it's going to be worth it.
americantsm1
Queen of the Damned

Post by americantsm1 »

Those are some pretty impressive prices! If only I had a choice lol
There comes a time for every vampire when the idea of eternity becomes momentarily unbearable. Living in the shadows, feeding in the darkness with only your own company to keep, rots into a solitary, hollow existence.
StarPhoenix
B.Soc.Sci, M.SocSci [UPCF]
Processor: Core i5 3470
Motherboard: Gigabyte G1 Sniper Z77
Graphics card: nVidia GeForce GTX 1060
Memory: 8Gb DDR3 1600

Post by StarPhoenix »

Stuart wrote:
StarPhoenix wrote:I am off to do some arithmetic.
They've called it "maths" since the early 1960s. :P

I think I'd prefer to stick with Telkom for my line, but maybe I should do some mat ... erm .. arithmatic too.

Or should I await a report back from the guinea phoenix?
Oops, I spelled it incorrectly. :oops:
The mathematics of integers, rational numbers, real numbers, or complex numbers under addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division.
I'm afraid you are on your own here, Mouse.
I cannot justify spending an additional 10% of my salary on bandwidth.

I shall wait and see whether Telkom increases the size of my Do 2 rations later this year.
:roll:
"Humankind cannot bear very much reality." T.S. Elliot