Free back issues from 1998 up to end of 2007

Questions, comments, suggestions, flames about the magazine? Here's the place.
Minimick

Free back issues from 1998 up to end of 2007

Post by Minimick »

Hi I’m new to the forum so firstly I’d like to say if I’ve posted in the wrong place or committed any other faux pas sorry.

Having been a reader of the magazine for many years I have collected quite a few but now I need the room so if anyone is interested in free back issues let me know.
They go as a job lot approximately eighty magazines who ever wants them has to arrange pick up from south Cumbria sorry but that’s the deal.
This lot start (I’ll be keeping the later issues) not all months of each year are present neither are all disks or any extras that may have come with each issue.
They will be on offer for one week then they will go, this offer ends 14th January 2010
Good luck
Mick
alliesmeister

Re: Free back issues from 1998 up to end of 2007

Post by alliesmeister »

Minimick wrote:Hi I’m new to the forum so firstly I’d like to say if I’ve posted in the wrong place or committed any other faux pas sorry.

Having been a reader of the magazine for many years I have collected quite a few but now I need the room so if anyone is interested in free back issues let me know.
They go as a job lot approximately eighty magazines who ever wants them has to arrange pick up from south Cumbria sorry but that’s the deal.
This lot start (I’ll be keeping the later issues) not all months of each year are present neither are all disks or any extras that may have come with each issue.
They will be on offer for one week then they will go, this offer ends 14th January 2010
Good luck
Mick
Hi

Out of interest is there a Cumbria in South Africa? Because a quick google search only spoke about a Cumbria in the North West of England...
doo_much

Post by doo_much »

Well done Allies - it didn't didn't even take you a week to spot why no-one was taking up theo ffer... ;)
MOOD - Thirsty

A surprising amount of modern pseudoscience is coming out of the environmental sector. Perhaps it should not be so surprising given that environmentalism is political rather than scientific.
Timothy Casey
Minimick

Post by Minimick »

I’m sorry for not being more precise about my location but it is irrelevant now as someone has just called around and have taken the lot away reading them as they were driven away up the street.
Maybe next time I’ll get it right all I’m gratefull for is that they have gone to someone who can appreciate them as I did and they never went to land fill.
Thank you for your interest
Mick
KALSTER
Forum Moderator

Post by KALSTER »

Glad to hear. A travesty has been averted. Go well.
"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." - Aristotle
Intel i5 2500; AsRock Z77 Extreme 4; Asus GTX580; 4x 2GB DDR3 1333; Intel 520 240GB SSD + 2x WD 3TB + 2TB Samsung; Samsung 22X DVD/RW; 23" LG W2343T-PF; Huntkey 700W
doo_much

Post by doo_much »

A happy ending... sigh.... *pecks away a tear
MOOD - Thirsty

A surprising amount of modern pseudoscience is coming out of the environmental sector. Perhaps it should not be so surprising given that environmentalism is political rather than scientific.
Timothy Casey
Jonboy

Post by Jonboy »

I also have a whole bundle of mags from about 2000 to present and was actually wondering if PCF couldn't start a recycling initiative whereby you can claim a free copy of the latest mag by trading in say 5 back issues which PCF / Panorama can then recycle? I'd much rather do that...
[Intel Core i3 2100 {Sandybridge}]
[Asus P8P67 Pro LE Socket 155 Mobo]
[HIS AMD Radeon 6850 1GB Gfx]
[4Gb Mushkin Silverline DDR3 1333 RAM]
[500Gb Seagate SATAII 6G HDD]
[Coolermaster Elite 430 Chasis]
[Windows 7 Home Premium 64 Bit]
[LG W2234S 22" Display]
alliesmeister

Post by alliesmeister »

doo_much wrote:Well done Allies - it didn't didn't even take you a week to spot why no-one was taking up theo ffer... ;)
:oops: lol...

I thought no one had replied yet, because it's in the PCFormat Mag forum... I could be wrong, but topics in this sub-forum seem to get less attention than other sub-forums on the site. (Which isn't really a surprise as the topics in the other sub-forums are normally more interesting)
Jonboy wrote:I also have a whole bundle of mags from about 2000 to present and was actually wondering if PCF couldn't start a recycling initiative whereby you can claim a free copy of the latest mag by trading in say 5 back issues which PCF / Panorama can then recycle? I'd much rather do that...
I'd like this, but the chances of it happening are next to nothing imo... It could maybe work if it was changed to a free copy of the latest issue once for 20+ issues traded in. Otherwise they would lose too much revenue and personally I wouldn't trade in 20+ issues for 1 new mag as I regulary go back to an old issue to look up a specific article or just to see what tech was 'hot' at that time.
Last edited by alliesmeister on 14 Jan 2010, 20:23, edited 1 time in total.
doo_much

Post by doo_much »

I wonder what it would've cost someone to have it sent this side? :shock:
MOOD - Thirsty

Timothy Casey
alliesmeister

Post by alliesmeister »

doo_much wrote:I wonder what it would've cost someone to have it sent this side? :shock:
Maybe the English secretly use SA's PCF forums (instead of the UK forums) to communicate and another Brit took up the offer that way...
Minimick

Post by Minimick »

Just to let you all know it was nothing to do with the Pcf forum why they went?
They were also advertised on the Southlake’s Freecycle site so a local ish chappie called in and was happy.

Mick
hamin_aus
Forum Moderator
Processor: Intel i7 3770K
Motherboard: GA-Z77X-UP4 TH
Graphics card: Galax GTX1080
Memory: 32GB G.Skill Ripjaws

Post by hamin_aus »

This is brilliant!

I'm off to advertise my FHM collection in Haiti - maybe someone there can use it...

/too soon :?:
doo_much

Post by doo_much »

Well Minimick, we're just glad you got rid of the mags. ;)

You may have realised though that we'll spam just about any thread. Hence the grey hair and growing baldess of some of the mods and admins... :twisted:

Most of out forumites are from South Africa - hence the total lack of interest in your OP.
Stick around, and introduce yourself here.
It'd be nice to have a Northern Hemisphere member chipping in every now and then!

@jamin

I'll recycle them if you first wipe of the spots and pay for postage yourself? :lol:
MOOD - Thirsty

Timothy Casey