D-Link dsl-2740R

Questions, comments, suggestions, flames about the magazine? Here's the place.
Spyker

D-Link dsl-2740R

Post by Spyker »

This article came just at the right time, as I just now realized that my Telkom supplied router is not fast enough to stream video from my PC to my PS3. I eagerly went in search of your pick of the bunch the D-Link dsl-2740R but I found that only the dsl-2740U is sold here in SA.

My question now is: Is this U version newer than the R version? Is it just as fast for streaming video? Or should I maybe look at another router altogether?
KillerByte
G3AR Staff Member

Re: D-Link dsl-2740R

Post by KillerByte »

Hi

A bit of research with the googlenator has shown that the name difference only seems to be there to seperate regions. I could be wrong and if I am please correct me.

The spec sheets are pretty much the same, but please remember that the tests were done in the UK with high-speed broadband and therefore is a good indication of the performance of these routers at the very limit of their capabilities.
What I type has nothing to do with the people that employ me.
Spyker

Re: D-Link dsl-2740R

Post by Spyker »

Thanks, I also thought that, but then I saw some pictures where the U version had only 2 antennas. This made me wonder if it is the same. On most pictures I see on SA online shops it has 3, so you are probably correct.