Dragon Age

Anything to do with PC gaming goes in here.
justinufo

Re: Dragon Age

Post by justinufo »

I also struggled with that bit....Just use your powers you get. . .
Anakha56
Forum Administrator
Processor: Ryzen 1700K
Motherboard: Asus X370
Graphics card: Asus 1060 Strix
Memory: 16GB RAM

Post by Anakha56 »

The problem is not in using them, the problem is in selecting the areas to visit. Besides the middle one there areonly 2 others that are incomplete. THe starting point where the guy tells you about a mice and then the bottom nightmare stage and thats the one I cannot visit even though every other stage around it is complete :(.
JUSTICE, n A commodity which is a more or less adulterated condition the State sells to the citizen as a reward for his allegiance, taxes and personal service.
StarBound
Registered Pervert
Processor: Intel i7 4790k
Motherboard: MSI Z97 Gaming 7
Graphics card: MSI GTX780Ti Gaming
Memory: G.Skill Sniper 1866mhz 16GB

Post by StarBound »

That takes a while to do. Be sure to get all the tomes though. Those stats really stack up in the end.
My Steam Screenshots

I lived the dream ...then my PC died.
Interfan

Post by Interfan »

Anakha56 wrote:The problem is not in using them, the problem is in selecting the areas to visit. Besides the middle one there areonly 2 others that are incomplete. THe starting point where the guy tells you about a mice and then the bottom nightmare stage and thats the one I cannot visit even though every other stage around it is complete :(.
For the raw fade where you talk to the guy you need to enter the spirit door close to him, that takes you to the demon there. No idea why you can't visit a nightmare if you say all other stages around it are completed. Are you sure about that?
corsair 750tx,
p8p67 pro,
8gig corsair vengeance ,
570gtx,
cm sniper black,
i5 2500k with thermalright cooler,
onboard sound,
Samsung bx2450,
g15 and g9,
Win 7 home prem x64,
xbox 360 controller,
asus 24x dvd writer
VinceThePrince

Post by VinceThePrince »

Spoiler: (show)
If you don't want to face the Sloth Demon alone, do the outer nightmares aswell, as your team mates are stuck in their very own nightmares too. If you don't save them, they won't be able to help you...
Admiral Of The First Task Force - 1st South African Fleet [ Star Trek: Online]
*****Luciendar J Bethesda*****
***Ships: The USS: Kit Rae and The USS: Kabal***
** Science and Exploration Officer **
Anakha56
Forum Administrator

Post by Anakha56 »

I would gladly post a screenie showing my lack of "movement" options however after last night I no longer have Internet access (huge storm and now my Telkom phone and ADSL line are dead). Without Internet access I cant log in to play :(. I hate this protection method...
JUSTICE, n A commodity which is a more or less adulterated condition the State sells to the citizen as a reward for his allegiance, taxes and personal service.
Interfan

Post by Interfan »

Anakha56 wrote:I would gladly post a screenie showing my lack of "movement" options however after last night I no longer have Internet access (huge storm and now my Telkom phone and ADSL line are dead). Without Internet access I cant log in to play :(. I hate this protection method...
That seems to be a bug that is affecting some people but not all. I am able to play even when the net is down.
corsair 750tx,
p8p67 pro,
8gig corsair vengeance ,
570gtx,
cm sniper black,
onboard sound,
Samsung bx2450,
g15 and g9,
Win 7 home prem x64,
xbox 360 controller,
asus 24x dvd writer
Anakha56
Forum Administrator

Post by Anakha56 »

Every time I click resume it tells me "A user with XYZ extras must be logged in to play".

Oh well I have Borderlands to keep my occupied until Telkom fixes my line...
M1ke

Post by M1ke »

Just finished it today.

Jumped straight back in as an Elf Rogue.

One of the most epic endings ever, although your decisions don't seem to have *that* much of an impact as it seemed to have in The Witcher and Mass Effect. Maybe the second playthrough will prove me wrong.

Either way, spent nearly 50 hours --> and still can't get enough of it as well as Borderlands.
"Science flies you to the moon. Religion flies you into buildings."
Interfan

Post by Interfan »

M1ke wrote:Just finished it today.

Jumped straight back in as an Elf Rogue.

One of the most epic endings ever, although your decisions don't seem to have *that* much of an impact as it seemed to have in The Witcher and Mass Effect. Maybe the second playthrough will prove me wrong.

Either way, spent nearly 50 hours --> and still can't get enough of it as well as Borderlands.
Some of the things do change quite a bit depending on what choices you make. Just finished for my third time this morning. Great game, last game that had me this hooked was witcher.

Going to play a bit ME for now though , wanted to get my save games in order for ME 2.
corsair 750tx,
p8p67 pro,
8gig corsair vengeance ,
570gtx,
cm sniper black,
onboard sound,
Samsung bx2450,
g15 and g9,
Win 7 home prem x64,
xbox 360 controller,
asus 24x dvd writer
M1ke

Post by M1ke »

@Interfan, already done that for ME - just for that reason!

I agree with you regarding The Witcher, DA:O even uses music that seems *inspired* by The Witcher - it sounds really similar, and that's a good thing.

I think The Witcher still has some moments that are better than the best in Dragon Age though, although DA:O seems better as a whole package.
rustypup

Post by rustypup »

honestly, i much prefer NWN/2 to this.... the cinematic part is great but there's just so much missing from the mechanics... :| and item sets....
Most people would sooner die than think; in fact, they do so - Bertrand Russel
M1ke

Post by M1ke »

rustypup wrote:honestly, i much prefer NWN/2 to this.... the cinematic part is great but there's just so much missing from the mechanics... :| and item sets....
NWN 1, quite possibly. NWN2 still runs like crap on my rig, and just didn't have that "magic".

Have you played Baldur's Gate? DA:O is much more in that area than NWN is.
rustypup

Post by rustypup »

M1ke wrote:Have you played Baldur's Gate? DA:O is much more in that area than NWN is.
BG and BG2, (+ icewind dale).. and i'll still say i'd take either over DA:O for mechanics, kit and choice...

i understand that sacrifices had to be made to make the game accessible to the console market, and the game is still sort of fun to play, but i still can't help but feel robbed around the skill sets and multi-classing... both trees feel very much like "RPG for dummies"... :/
Most people would sooner die than think; in fact, they do so - Bertrand Russel
M1ke

Post by M1ke »

Yeah - I can agree with that to a certain extent.

The specialization doesn't actually make as much of an impact as you'd hope for - I mean, in NWN it was a SERIOUS decision and could easily change your approach completely.

And the skills suck... agreed. I mean, the only useful ones in there are Combat and Persuasion, plus the loot is a little bit thin.

The PC version is by far the superior one though, in terms of UI and Gameplay (overhead view).
Interfan

Post by Interfan »

The skill trees are a bit lacking certainly compared to the dnd games. But I do think there are still enough to make a few different types of characters.
corsair 750tx,
p8p67 pro,
8gig corsair vengeance ,
570gtx,
cm sniper black,
onboard sound,
Samsung bx2450,
g15 and g9,
Win 7 home prem x64,
xbox 360 controller,
asus 24x dvd writer
Rayne

Post by Rayne »

This game belongs somewhere between 1998 and 2000.

6/10 at it's finest. BioWare's a relic of the past. Overrated and full of PR bs.
M1ke

Post by M1ke »

Rayne wrote:This game belongs somewhere between 1998 and 2000.

6/10 at it's finest. BioWare's a relic of the past. Overrated and full of PR bs.

I suppose everyone is entitled to their own opinion :lol:
justinufo

Post by justinufo »

Jrpg'er :P

/runs
Rayne

Post by Rayne »

M1ke wrote:I suppose everyone is entitled to their own opinion :lol:
Not a fanboy reply and I shall thank you for it.
justinufo wrote:Jrpg'er :P
Played 2 JRPG's in recent years so excuse me kid, do you want to try again or do you really want me to properly reply to your ignorant assumption?
As the spiritual successor to BioWare's "Baldur's Gate", one of the most successful role-playing games in the industry, Dragon Age: Origins represents BioWare's return to its roots, delivering a fusion of the best elements of existing fantasy works (Did not in the slightest.) with stunning visuals (Oh dear God where do I even start? It's on par with KotOR for crying out loud, and that's 6 years old. By far the worst looking game I played in years.), emotionally-driven narrative (Lol?), heart-pounding combat (Lol?), powerful magic abilities (Poor.) and credible digital actors (Alistair only. 1 out of 8. Try harder next time.). The spirit of classic RPGs comes of age, as Dragon Age: Origins features a dark and mature story and gameplay. Epic Party-Based Combat – Dragon Age: Origins introduces an innovative, scalable combat system, as players face large-scale battles and use their party’s special abilities to destroy hoardes of enemies and massive creatures (BS. There's only 3 dragons in the whole **** game.). Powerful Magic – Raining down awesome destruction on enemies is even more compelling as players apply "spell combos," a way of combining together different spells to create emergent unique effects (It's implementation was laughable and poorly executed.). Players develop their characters and gain powerful special abilities (spells, talents and skills) (I could do that in DMC, an action game, too.) and discover ever-increasing weapons of destruction (Which you can never afford. Forgot to add that did you you motherfuckers?. With its emotionally compelling story (Nothing emotional about it.), players choose with whom they wish to forge alliances or crush under their mighty fist, redefining the world with the choices they make and how they wield their power (Each and every situation, be there 2 or 10 options to choose from, have a mere a or b outcome and regardless which you choose, that leads to a single, linear, eventual outcome.). Players select and play a unique prelude that provides the lens through which the player sees the world and how the world sees the player. The player's choice of Origin determines who they are and where they begin the adventure, as they play through a customized story opening that profoundly impacts the course of every adventure. (Oh 1 playthrough was enough for me tyvm).
Apologies, I do not mean to offend, but for me, this game was poorly executed in every possible way. Skills and talents were poor. Combat was poor. Mobs were poor. Bosses were poor. Quests were poor. Nothing stood out.

[Start game]Shows you the dragon you must kill. ... You kill the dragon.[/End game] That's an epic story? Epic of all the words to describe...

Lmao.
justinufo

Post by justinufo »

Eh...was messing with you but whatever...I agree on most points though.I enjoyed it for a while but I wont play a 2nd time through though...Different strokes.
MadFrog

Post by MadFrog »

Rayne, this is where difference in opinion becomes clear. Most xbox owners are in love with halo while I think the game is boring and dead.

I feel that dragon age was the best game I played this year. I am busy with my 2nd playthrough, and the novelty has not worn of. The graphics is not great, I admit. But graphics does not make a game. That is why we can still play classics and enjoy them.
The story of Dragon age was great. I was quite surprised in Loghain's part of the story and of Allistair's background. When you get to know your companions through their sidequests and stories, they become more real and thus the game gets more immersive.
I found the fights awesome as you were never quite sure of what you're enemy is capable of. This forced you to use strategy and tactics.

If you rush through dragon age, you might be disappointed. But if you savour the game, play it to the fullest, most will agree that this is game of the year for pc.

Excuse any spelling and grammar mistakes. I am typing this message from my phone. Easy for mistakes to sneak in.
StarBound
Registered Pervert
Processor: Intel i7 4790k
Motherboard: MSI Z97 Gaming 7
Graphics card: MSI GTX780Ti Gaming
Memory: G.Skill Sniper 1866mhz 16GB

Post by StarBound »

The best aspect of DAO to me was character interactions. I am gonna dare say it because I am a world of warcraft player. The game works like a dungeon/raid in combat and playing the game on easy makes it feel like mass effect. I would have really liked to see your actions taking a bigger effect on what the outcome of the game might have been. But it still stands that DAO was the most complete game I have played this year. That said Batman Arkham Asylum is still the winner of the best game.
My Steam Screenshots

I lived the dream ...then my PC died.
Interfan

Post by Interfan »

Each to their own, I don't agree at all. :lol:
corsair 750tx,
p8p67 pro,
8gig corsair vengeance ,
570gtx,
cm sniper black,