7 home, premium, pro or ultimate?

Discussion and support for the Windows family of operating systems.
Interfan

Re: 7 home, premium, pro or ultimate?

Post by Interfan »

StarBound wrote:My supplier told me that windows 7 is avalible as a 32-bit package as of today. But the 64-bit version might only make it from friday or later. From the sounds of it 32/64 bit is still seperate just like vista.
No dsp is separate, retail is two disc in one package. Supplier probably only has dsp copies. Prophecy told me they will only be getting retail on monday but will have dsp on launch.
corsair 750tx,
p8p67 pro,
8gig corsair vengeance ,
570gtx,
cm sniper black,
i5 2500k with thermalright cooler,
onboard sound,
Samsung bx2450,
g15 and g9,
Win 7 home prem x64,
xbox 360 controller,
asus 24x dvd writer
ryanrich
Forum Moderator

Post by ryanrich »

StarBound wrote:My supplier told me that windows 7 is avalible as a 32-bit package as of today. But the 64-bit version might only make it from friday or later. From the sounds of it 32/64 bit is still seperate just like vista.
It's seperate in the DSP versions yes but the Retail versions of Home Premium and above includes both.
StarBound
Registered Pervert
Processor: Intel i7 4790k
Motherboard: MSI Z97 Gaming 7
Graphics card: MSI GTX780Ti Gaming
Memory: G.Skill Sniper 1866mhz 16GB

Post by StarBound »

ah ha! That explains it.
My Steam Screenshots

I lived the dream ...then my PC died.
jphegers

Post by jphegers »

ryanrich wrote:
It's seperate in the DSP versions yes but the Retail versions of Home Premium and above includes both.
I phoned Microsoft this afternoon wanting to find out about the the home ultra family edition that comes with a licence for three computers and was told that that it is not available in our country and said she does not know if it will come here. I also inquired about the Home Ultra that comes with the 32 as well as 64 Bit disc in one package and said this will not be available in S.A. yet.
I am annoyed that they are releasing the family pack all over Europe and America but don't release it in the poorer countries where it is maybe needed more.
Interfan

Post by Interfan »

jphegers wrote:
ryanrich wrote:
I phoned Microsoft this afternoon wanting to find out about the the home ultra family edition that comes with a licence for three computers and was told that that it is not available in our country and said she does not know if it will come here. I also inquired about the Home Ultra that comes with the 32 as well as 64 Bit disc in one package and said this will not be available in S.A. yet.
I am annoyed that they are releasing the family pack all over Europe and America but don't release it in the poorer countries where it is maybe needed more.
I am pretty sure the helpdesk lady has confused dsp and retail here. All the e-tailers are listing that home basic up to ultimate retail comes with both 32 bit and 64 bit disc.
corsair 750tx,
p8p67 pro,
8gig corsair vengeance ,
570gtx,
cm sniper black,
i5 2500k with thermalright cooler,
onboard sound,
Samsung bx2450,
g15 and g9,
Win 7 home prem x64,
xbox 360 controller,
asus 24x dvd writer
jphegers

Post by jphegers »

Is there anyone who has bought the Windows home premium that can confirm whether it has both the 32 and 64 bit version of the disks included?