the new look!

Questions about the forums? Got a suggestion on how things can be improved? Post here!
neon_chameleon
Moderator Emeritus

Post by neon_chameleon »

jee wrote:Evin... I must agree, the more I use it, the more i get used to it... hmmm there must be a song in here somewhere....
LOL.

As for the site, it does look professional. I also thought I have typed in the wrong address.

How long as it been like this. I didn't connect yesterday (first day in about 6 months) and I check tonight and it's changed totally. Felt like I'd been in some sort of a time-lapse. :)

Except the Submit and Preview buttons have swopped, man this is annoying.
Qualifications: BSc Computer Science & Information Technology, BCom Information Systems Honours, ISACA CISA, ISACA CRISC
Experience: Web Design, IT Auditing, IT Governance, Computer Retail, IT Consulting
Interests: Technology, Nutrition, Toasters, BBM, Facebook, Colourful Diagrams
jee

Post by jee »

neon_chameleon wrote:
Actually not.. now you have to read what you have writtern before you post... seems to make sense.... I just have a problem with my scroll mouse in the reply area.. does not want to work :(
"Integrity" and "integer" both contain a Latin root meaning "whole; complete." The root sense, then, is that people may be said to be acting with integrity when their beliefs, words, and actions have a sense of unity or wholeness.
Fishzn

Post by Fishzn »

Cameron Losco wrote: <b>The Mozilla forums story has been fixed. I’m not going to even tell you how I struggled to find the problem. </b>
Well from everything, this certainly has to be thing i appreciate most and im sure most others do! Theres nothing like sitting at your Laptop at home enjoying ur FAV forum on your extremely fast and FAV browser!

Also now that i've adjusted, i feel the site is Frikkin'kewler now than it ever was! Man the interface is that much better, and it is much definitely faster, i'm enjoying and posting more now! :wink:

Cameron is gr8 PCF hero :!:

All Hail unto Gr8 Loscovian Ambassador for taking time out of managing more than one MAG and pleasing the E3 ppl!

P.S Love the cover CD of Netplus this month Cameron, you are certainly on a roll of late! :wink:
"For what is a man profited, if he shall gain the whole world, and lose his own soul?"
neon_chameleon
Moderator Emeritus

Post by neon_chameleon »

jee wrote:
neon_chameleon wrote:
Actually not.. now you have to read what you have writtern before you post... seems to make sense.... I just have a problem with my scroll mouse in the reply area.. does not want to work :(
Well I use invert mouse in games, so I like things like that. :lol:

I'll adjust, that's what chameleons do, along with changing colours, right jee?
fishy wrote:All Hail unto Gr8 Loscovian Ambassador for taking time out of managing more than one MAG and pleasing the E3 ppl!
LOL, and agreed.
Qualifications: BSc Computer Science & Information Technology, BCom Information Systems Honours, ISACA CISA, ISACA CRISC
Experience: Web Design, IT Auditing, IT Governance, Computer Retail, IT Consulting
Interests: Technology, Nutrition, Toasters, BBM, Facebook, Colourful Diagrams
Tel
Moderator Emeritus

Post by Tel »

I connected from home on my 56k line last nite and there is no difference in loading times as far as I can see. See it took a while when I first came here, but that was just loading the pics for the 1st time. After that it was awesome.
Fishzn wrote:Well from everything, this certainly has to be thing i appreciate most and im sure most others do! Theres nothing like sitting at your Laptop at home enjoying ur FAV forum on your extremely fast and FAV browser!
Firefox is my fav browser and it is definitely better when I can post on my fav forum with my fav browser. I also agree with you on the fact that it's faster therefore a better posting experience. :)
Be Silly. Be Honest. Be Kind. | Ralph Waldo Emerson
simmy

Post by simmy »

Fishzn wrote:
Cameron Losco wrote: <b>The Mozilla forums story has been fixed. I’m not going to even tell you how I struggled to find the problem. </b>
Well from everything, this certainly has to be thing i appreciate most and im sure most others do! Theres nothing like sitting at your "PC" at "work" enjoying ur FAV forum on your extremely fast and FAV browser!
:mrgreen:

Thought I logged on to another site.
Dakes

Post by Dakes »

Mmmmm, a very pleasant change ..................
Brother Hiram, wish you were here!
Thanks Disruptor!
feo

Post by feo »

I'm not sure if this site is affiliated with pfcormat.co.uk in any way but I must say this site looks a whole lot better than theirs. :lol: :lol:
Cameron_Losco
Moderator Emeritus

Post by Cameron_Losco »

Thanks for all the comments guys, I really appreciate them! :D
feo

Post by feo »

Hey Cammie, you're almost at 1000 posts.
Tamsini

Post by Tamsini »

Yes! I think a big "WELL DONE!!!" should go to Cameron for his hard work - he put hours into this and wandered about looking exhausted. Well done!
Narkath

Post by Narkath »

Cameron Losco wrote:The Mozilla forums story has been fixed. I’m not going to even tell you how I struggled to find the problem.
0wn4ge! *bowz* I have been waiting for this for so long. Now when someone says,"look how many users are on today", I don't have to go to the main page to see it. Thank you. :D
lazyonion

Post by lazyonion »

Coooool new look! The page feels faster, looks better and works better. I was beginning to wander if you were going to fix the Mozilla problem.
Good work Cameron!!
MotoGuzzi

Post by MotoGuzzi »

Great, I like 95% of it. If you can perhaps work a bit on the headings similar to "entertainment" , " forums" etc.

Maybe a bit leaner, so that it's easier on the eye, for us with old glasses, old grafics cards, and slow brains. How about deep red/ or blue letters ?
DJT
I Bribed Ron With Foundry And All I Got Was This Lousy Title

Post by DJT »

goku wrote:Gees 8O

When the page opened I thought I must of used the wrong link.(Almost closed it)

But all and all not to shabby :D
As did I!!! Thing is, the first time, I did close the link
Want to support my creative work? Drop me a like and subscribe below. It will be greatly appreciated!
Clarke Media - YouTube Channel
Clarke Media - Facebook
DJT

Post by DJT »

1000 posts and a new look site. GO CAMERON

Why don't you make an option that allows you to switch between the two themes. That will shut people up.
Want to support my creative work? Drop me a like and subscribe below. It will be greatly appreciated!
Clarke Media - Facebook
cheesy

Post by cheesy »

Thumbs up cameron!!
IT AINT EASY BEING CHEESY
Rudd

Post by Rudd »

it is faster, it seems, but i still prefer the old look, the colour makes me feel a bit sick, but hey thats my opinion.
PHR33K

Post by PHR33K »

looks great. :lol: feels faster. Looks allot "cleaner".
DJT

Post by DJT »

I am still getting used to the new look when browsing forums.
Clarke Media - Facebook
SmL9

Post by SmL9 »

This is the first time I have logged in at PCF for quite a while. I went to the site, and then switched to outlook to type some email. When I switched back, I was like, Is this PCF? Yeah is says entertainment 3D at the top...
Wow! I think it really looks cool, and it was definitely time for a change. Nice job Cammy! :D
zimdollar

Post by zimdollar »

Great! Only thing I could say is maybe where you type your message, the background colour is a bit too dark.

Love the 3D perspective look of the "windows".
Ihsahn

Post by Ihsahn »

cheesy wrote:Thumbs up cameron!!
I agree, but i think that u stole my avatar, that you did.
Unless i must unleash the Battousai within, that i will!
Who knows more about electricity than the Amish?