cooling noise

Push it to the max but make sure that you keep it cool!
-<Blatz_ztalB>-

cooling noise

Post by -<Blatz_ztalB>- »

hi guys, every time i buy a new fan or cpu heatsink they always say stuff like, "super silent at 19-23dba!!!" and stuff like that. i bought a cooler master hyper tx2 and now my ears bleed every time im on the computer. its not grinding against anything or along those lines, its just i can hear the fan from 10m away :/

does anyone know of air cooling solutions that are actually 19-23 dba? or maybe i have a low tolerance to noise...or something (--")
-<Blatz_ztalB>-

Re: cooling noise

nevermind, cooler master z600 woohoo
Frozenfireside

Post by Frozenfireside »

Ok when you turn on your PC there is a function called Power on self test or P.O.S.T. which tests every component attached the PC to make sure it's working. This tests the fans of your machine and at full power so they blast away until the POST is over.

Now i see you say it's over but I'm not sure what you did. I know the TX2 is quiet from reviews and I think it's your graphics card.Mine is loud. Really loud. which is why I will fit my VF1000 cooler this weekend.

Can you update us with more info? thanks
Soon Google will know everything...including how to divide by zero :(
-<Blatz_ztalB>-

hey man,

nope its def the tx2 coz i would push down on the center of the fan to stop it spinning and then my pc is very quiet. its def not my gfx card as well, im using the HIS hd4850 with an iceq4 cooler and those are very quiet even on load. i've even unplugged and replugged each fan one by one and its definitely the tx2.

i think its just down to the fact that the tx2 does not have PWM fans, just a normal 3 pin so there is no variability. the fans are the exact some noise whether its idle or on load. i even tried swapping the fan (92mm) with some zalman ones, didnt make a difference :/

not sure if this was the info u wanted!
Frozenfireside

Post by Frozenfireside »

Yeah thats good details mate. Listen does the TX2 have a tri wire power cable or dual? If it's tri you can control it in the BIOS but like I said, you won't be able to control the noise on POST.

I have the Arctic Cooler Freezer 7 pro which is like the TX2 (the AC is it's daddy since it's the original) and that thing doesn't make a peep. Very quiet. Maybe you should consider that instead. Sell the TX2.
Soon Google will know everything...including how to divide by zero :(
Prime

Post by Prime »

-<Blatz_ztalB>- wrote:hey man,

nope its def the tx2 coz i would push down on the center of the fan to stop it spinning and then my pc is very quiet. its def not my gfx card as well, im using the HIS hd4850 with an iceq4 cooler and those are very quiet even on load. i've even unplugged and replugged each fan one by one and its definitely the tx2.

i think its just down to the fact that the tx2 does not have PWM fans, just a normal 3 pin so there is no variability. the fans are the exact some noise whether its idle or on load. i even tried swapping the fan (92mm) with some zalman ones, didnt make a difference :/

that his card maybe louder than you think. Mine made a whistling sound till i played with the fan speed
-<Blatz_ztalB>-

Frozenfireside wrote:Yeah thats good details mate. Listen does the TX2 have a tri wire power cable or dual? If it's tri you can control it in the BIOS but like I said, you won't be able to control the noise on POST.

I have the Arctic Cooler Freezer 7 pro which is like the TX2 (the AC is it's daddy since it's the original) and that thing doesn't make a peep. Very quiet. Maybe you should consider that instead. Sell the TX2.
its a triwire, i did try fiddle with the fan speed in the bios, but its completely set, one fan speed no matter what haha. thanks i took a look at the AC Freezer 7, does look good! i may consider getting it altogether when i upgrade end of this year or beginning of next year so i will just endure it for a little longer. thanks for your help tho :)
-<Blatz_ztalB>-

Prime wrote:
-<Blatz_ztalB>- wrote:hey man,

that his card maybe louder than you think. Mine made a whistling sound till i played with the fan speed
haha yeah i also noticed that! when i stopped the tx2 and listened to the gfx card i was like, "huh?". but i cant hear it above the cpu fan so i havent really bothered to do anything about it. did u use the catalyst controller to manually adjust the fan?