overclocking a laptop and Mobile GPU

Push it to the max but make sure that you keep it cool!
w1z4rd911

overclocking a laptop and Mobile GPU

Post by w1z4rd911 »

I know that there was an article at the beginning of the year on overclocking laptops and mobile GPU's. Has anyone ever tried this and have any reliable results??? I want to try and give it a go but for obvious reasons, I am very hesitant

Thanks
SykomantiS

Re: overclocking a laptop and Mobile GPU

Post by SykomantiS »

I have an Acer Extensa 5620G with Radeon HD2400 XT Mobility (unforunately 64bit gpu :cry:)
I read the article you are talking about, and replaced my mobility drivers with standard Ati drivers. Although I couldn't (yet) oc the card or lappie, I must admit, I haven't really tried. As for the driver modding, it worked beautifully and I haven't had any problems yet. There is also a slight increase in performance- but it's not that much.
w1z4rd911

Post by w1z4rd911 »

SykomantiS,
I have a mecer HEL81, so it has Intel Graphics :cry: we tried the graphics driver on my bro's ATI x1100 and there wasn't really any performance advantage. I am really interested in Core2 OC'ing, on my lappy just to see what it does, and cooling available for it could be interesting :wink:
SykomantiS

Post by SykomantiS »

Like I said, I never tried OC'n the cpu, so I can't help ou with that. I played around with my gpu, but that was under Win7 so I couldn't get the oc to stick. Something about signed drivers :?

Maybe someone else can offer you insight on the oc, I'd be interested in it too. I have a core2 T5450 @ 1.66, and would love to push 2GHz if at all possible.