The XBOX 360 Thread

Discuss the XBox 360 in here.
dawid22
G3AR Head of Digital

Re: The XBOX 360 Thread

Post by dawid22 »

Eternal Sonata has without doubt one of the weirdest endings ever. Even for a JRPG.
ZeroS

Post by ZeroS »

From what I've played it gets weirder than that.
I actually thought that the message at the end tied in well with Chopin's story.
The greatest obstacle to discovery is not ignorance - it is the illusion of knowledge.
dawid22
G3AR Head of Digital

Post by dawid22 »

It did... but it's still weird. Well, one of the most original endings would make more sense.
ZeroS

Post by ZeroS »

Ah, my mistake. I actually meant that the ending for Eternal Sonata was fitting, and there are other JRPG's that have more bizarre endings. Star Ocean 3 comes to mind.
The greatest obstacle to discovery is not ignorance - it is the illusion of knowledge.
dawid22
G3AR Head of Digital

Post by dawid22 »

Busy with Lost Odyssey though, that game is brilliant.
ZeroS

Post by ZeroS »

dawid22 wrote:Busy with Lost Odyssey though, that game is brilliant.
Peculiar enough, I just could not tune myself in to Lost Odyssey. The characters were fairly decent, the story passable and the dream spectacular, however I could not bring myself to enjoy the game. I got as far as disk 3 and by then whatever little interest I had in the game instantly vanished.

By quite some margin, the most superb JRPG I've played on the box is Infinite Undiscovery. A substantial amount of the voice acting is noticeably terrible, but everything else about the game is grand. Especially the story and character development. The change in the main character as the game progresses is truly gratifying.
Then again, I've got a soft spot for Tri Ace games ever since I've been spell bound by Valkyrie Profile II: Silmeria. Can't wait for End of Eternity

The only English JRPG's I haven't played on the 360 are Blue Dragon and Tales of Vesparia. I don't intend to get BD, and as for Vesparia I'll go for the added content on the PS3 when it's released.
dawid22
G3AR Head of Digital

Post by dawid22 »

Yes, things do get a bot drawn out. The dreams are what kept me going though. Infinite Undiscovery, I've heard so much mixed response around it all that I never got around to it... Guess I should give it a go.
RiaX

Post by RiaX »

well my xbox is dying ... lucky i still got the 1 year warranty

got purple artifacts showing on the screen then random jamming and the ring of light goes off then struggles to go to the dashboard after reseting.

Took to CNA where i bought from and they tell me they dont deal with the problem i must contact microsoft branch myself. I mean really i bought it from their store they gave me a fail machine they should take it back give me a new one and it should be their headache to deal with microsoft such BS
ZeroS

Post by ZeroS »

The Microsoft part of returning your box is seamless and takes less than 2 minutes, however, after that even the best of luck won't help with MI Digital. Expect your nerves to be grated to no end.

I decided to skip MI Digital when I finally got the red ring necklace and sought a professional repair service. The repairman did a commendable job on my machine, not that I'd know what separates a commendable job from a non commendable one, but, I was glad the machine was working as it should.
Now, many weeks later, and my video unit has expired. No video and only sound. I'm sick of this shameless console that's more fragile than a house of cards.

So, I decided to repair the console, yet again, sell it, and use whatever proceeds to buy a - hopefully - more sturdier version of the console.
RiaX

Post by RiaX »

ja i got into contact with a lady call elaine lee i sent a very angry email and the lady phoned me the next day then forgot about me then i made a HUGE ruckuss at CNA pavillion and then the manager said he will phone himself and let me know monday, if i get no reply on monday then gg my 1 year warranty expires on tuesday and i dont have any red lights yet so my additional red rings warranty wont come into effect. HOpefully i will get an answer soon
justinufo

Post by justinufo »

I get a disc read error with skate 2.The problem is the disc is scratchless.I hear the drive start to slow down and then it gives me that error :(.Googled this and it seems to be a common problem.All my other games work perfectly.What I tried is clear my cache,tried the game on another 360 and it works perfectly.I cant install to my hard drive.Dont have the space.You guys think it could be the new dashboard thats causing this?
OnlyOneKenobi
Moderator Emeritus

Post by OnlyOneKenobi »

justinufo wrote:I get a disc read error with skate 2.The problem is the disc is scratchless.I hear the drive start to slow down and then it gives me that error :(.Googled this and it seems to be a common problem.All my other games work perfectly.What I tried is clear my cache,tried the game on another 360 and it works perfectly.I cant install to my hard drive.Dont have the space.You guys think it could be the new dashboard thats causing this?
Not likely to be the new dashboard - maybe your DVD-rom in your 360 is starting to pack up?

Intel Core i7-950 | MSI X58 Pro-E, STK1366 | Geforce GTX470 1280 | 8GB DDR3 1333Mhz RAM | Samsung 226BW Monitor | Windows 7 Home Premium
ZeroS

Post by ZeroS »

Ah, the descension into RROD wasteland. Not that disc read errors are always one way tickets to RROD, but, that's generally the case. However, you should still get a couple more months out of it.
justinufo

Post by justinufo »

Always pick the bad one out of the batch :( .I'ts only 7 months old I think.What puzzles me it's only that game.Eish
ZeroS

Post by ZeroS »

I thought I got a bad apple too, but, the failure rate on the box is high enough to make bad apples a norm.

Mines started on Bioshock and after a while it began to scratch the disc.
doo_much

Post by doo_much »

Are there any flight sims for the Xbox other than Tom Clancy's HAWX?
MOOD - Thirsty

A surprising amount of modern pseudoscience is coming out of the environmental sector. Perhaps it should not be so surprising given that environmentalism is political rather than scientific.
Timothy Casey
RiaX

Post by RiaX »

Cool i got my new xbox from MI digital a few weeks ago, now is it worth it to buy that extra cooling thing?
ZeroS

Post by ZeroS »

From gathered information, no.

Check if your box is a Jasper. If not, sell it and get a Jasper. They are, purportedly, the most stable boxes out at the moment.
D3PART3D
Starbound's Dear

Post by D3PART3D »

Do any of you own an arcade stick? Your experiences? I'm thinking of getting a couple for Tekken 6.

I'm still trying to pick a console, but in the meantime...
Ceterum autem censeo Samsung Mobile esse delendam.

When something is important enough, you do it even if the odds are not in your favor.
- Elon Musk
Rayne

Post by Rayne »

Fighting sticks are R1.5 - R2k+ at best mate. Don't bother with the R500 cheapies, I hear they wont last.

Want one myself, Hori or EX, but not at it's current prices.

Oh, and good luck finding one.
D3PART3D
Starbound's Dear

Post by D3PART3D »

Rayne wrote:Fighting sticks are R1.5 - R2k+ at best mate. Don't bother with the R500 cheapies, I hear they wont last.

Want one myself, Hori or EX, but not at it's current prices.

Oh, and good luck finding one.
Ouch... guess I'll wait for the prices to drop a little as well then, thanks.
Ceterum autem censeo Samsung Mobile esse delendam.

When something is important enough, you do it even if the odds are not in your favor.
- Elon Musk
Rayne

Post by Rayne »

Make that R2.4k (DOA 4 Hori) - R7k (Pro EX) actually, according to WantItAll. You wont find it anywher else, unless you bring one in yourself. Don't play enough fighting games to warrant such an expense and placement is also important, these things are quite big and a coffee table's going to break your back after an hour's play. So for now I'll pass too. Note though - their prices go up, not down (limited).

Anyway, knew Take2's Star Ocean deal was too good to be true, jumped R200. And street date is now June 19th. Was actually hoping to see it this weekend. :?
ZeroS

Post by ZeroS »

Say what!? And I was waiting on Kalahari to stock the game, hoping to save a few pennies. Back to importing do we return.
dawid22
G3AR Head of Digital

Post by dawid22 »

Splinter Cell Conviction is looking mightily impressive! Those with 360's should keep your eye on that, one of the better games being released this year.
RiaX

Post by RiaX »

ZeroS wrote:From gathered information, no.

Check if your box is a Jasper. If not, sell it and get a Jasper. They are, purportedly, the most stable boxes out at the moment.
how do i do that? :oops: