Joomla Custom Groups with Custom ACL(?)

Get help on web editors (Frontpage, Dreamweaver) and web languages (HTML, ASP, PHP).
Anakha56
Forum Administrator
Processor: Ryzen 1700K
Motherboard: Asus X370
Graphics card: Asus 1060 Strix
Memory: 16GB RAM

Joomla Custom Groups with Custom ACL(?)

Post by Anakha56 »

Good Morning all

My Joomla site is nearly complete and since it is my first time setting something up like this I am quite chuffed about how far I have progressed so far however I have reached a point where I need help.

I have been asked to have one section of the site open to a couple of departments where they can create, edit and upload content to that section alone and when a update happens in that section to send an email to all those concerned. What would be the easiest way to do this? I have done some Googling and form what I can tell Joomla is not very friendly when it comes to creating custom groups and permissions and it appears the only way to solve it is to buy JACLPlus Pro v1.5.x. Does anyone have any free options or another way to do this? Maybe a freeware app?

Many Thanks
JUSTICE, n A commodity which is a more or less adulterated condition the State sells to the citizen as a reward for his allegiance, taxes and personal service.
Anakha56
Forum Administrator

Re: Joomla Custom Groups with Custom ACL(?)

Post by Anakha56 »

Wow no response.

Oh well I found what I was looking for if anyone is interested:

http://www.greatjoomla.com/tutorials/co ... index.html
JUSTICE, n A commodity which is a more or less adulterated condition the State sells to the citizen as a reward for his allegiance, taxes and personal service.
doo_much

Post by doo_much »

Thanks Anakha56, might just be what I've been looking for, for one of my sites! :mrgreen:
MOOD - Thirsty

A surprising amount of modern pseudoscience is coming out of the environmental sector. Perhaps it should not be so surprising given that environmentalism is political rather than scientific.
Timothy Casey
Anakha56
Forum Administrator

Post by Anakha56 »

doo just be careful from what I can piece together (and if you can test it would be awesome!) is that if you do not have registered members visiting your site then they wont be able to view articles. They have to be registered in order to view.

I just wish 1.6 would hurry up and be released because it contains everything that is needed...
doo_much

Post by doo_much »

Anakha56 wrote:doo just be careful from what I can piece together (and if you can test it would be awesome!) is that if you do not have registered members visiting your site then they wont be able to view articles. They have to be registered in order to view.

I just wish 1.6 would hurry up and be released because it contains everything that is needed...

So I'm the guinea pig for you and weasel both am I? :P

No prob, I'll let you know how it goes.

Problem with their new stable releases are that they are only available for Membership users at first. The public update becomes be available "a few weeks later. "
MOOD - Thirsty

A surprising amount of modern pseudoscience is coming out of the environmental sector. Perhaps it should not be so surprising given that environmentalism is political rather than scientific.
Timothy Casey