Extensions

General discussion of topics related to modding. Project logs go in the "Project Logs" subforum.
Brad2.0

Extensions

Post by Brad2.0 »

Hi Guys

My Psu cables are too short and I need to extend them. Well I googled and found some locally but was just wondering if i can make my own. Well in theory i just need to run longer cables between the connectors. But I was wondering will this effect the hardware psu, mobo, dvd etc. Is there a specific cable I should use to extend from molex to molex?

Also anyone knows the longest sata cable available from mobo to rom n hardrive and while we there I also need a sata power cable extender. Where can I find locally. Im in durbz. I always research these q's myself but I have peace of my mind when I get feedback from all the helpful members of the PCF forum. Tanx
Prime

Re: Extensions

Post by Prime »

Brad2.0 wrote:Hi Guys

My Psu cables are too short and I need to extend them. Well I googled and found some locally but was just wondering if i can make my own. Well in theory i just need to run longer cables between the connectors. But I was wondering will this effect the hardware psu, mobo, dvd etc. Is there a specific cable I should use to extend from molex to molex?

Also anyone knows the longest sata cable available from mobo to rom n hardrive and while we there I also need a sata power cable extender. Where can I find locally. Im in durbz. I always research these q's myself but I have peace of my mind when I get feedback from all the helpful members of the PCF forum. Tanx
longest Sata cable is 60 cm. :)

as for extending the cables, well it needs to be atleast the same gage (diameter) of wire.

as for extending sata power connectors, the better PSU's have right anlged ones, so if you just pop them off and lengthen the wire, you can reattach them, exactly where you need or want them. provided you use the correct wire, and don't mix any wires up, it should not affect your hardware, heck check what this dude did. Sorry, my connection is being a female dog so you'll have to look through the entire topic.
Brad2.0

Re: Extensions

Post by Brad2.0 »

Cool! tanx a mill.