A PROBLEM WITH WEBAFRICA

Anything to do with online stuff goes here.
Prime

Re: A PROBLEM WITH WEBAFRICA

Post by Prime »

jee wrote:MUST you guys and gurls spam EVERY thread? Don't you have work? :roll: :lol: :lol:
Ask g0ldBack.
UrBaN

Post by UrBaN »

jee, It's not Spam, we have advised him about this dude who works at Webafrica...goldback I think it is. So actually we are provoding help. Please remember, this is serious business.
to ápeiro anima
jee

Post by jee »

tendai,
Unfortunately we have some clowns who are still trying trying to play April's fool. Goldback/you can let me know if you want me to unlock this thread to have a follow up - which would be nice. Until then, it is locked.
"Integrity" and "integer" both contain a Latin root meaning "whole; complete." The root sense, then, is that people may be said to be acting with integrity when their beliefs, words, and actions have a sense of unity or wholeness.
WAJeff

Post by WAJeff »

Thank-you for unlocking this thread jee.
I will post my PM between tendai and myself to reflect that the issue is not entirely on Web Africa's side:
g0ldback wrote:
tendai wrote:thanks for your effort to help but unfortunately im being transferred from one person to the next and each time ive to start my story all over again.im sure a reasonable thing was to acknowledge that your billing system is faulty and refunded my R920.00 which is not much anyway compared to the damage in reputation the company is going to suffer. I have since contactd my lawyers and even if you win the lawsuit im il make sure it gets maximum publicity and the business and potential future clients you will lose because of the negative publicity will be far much bigger than the refund the company is refusing to give me.

Meantime im left with no option but to alert people to the type of service as you can see from the blog here http://mynewsblogs.24.com/tindo which I have created specifically for that purpose

thanks again for your affort to help.
I really am sorry to hear this, however the billing information we have on our system is/was listed as your banking details
I have however arranged that Mariet refund the services that where not used which should have reflected by now

I have also been informed that the services under SIL15 (your business account) was ordered telephonically. Mariet has in the mean time emailed you our call logs to prove this was in fact the case

If different banking details where given, this billing issue would not have arisen
I see in the writings of your post you have spoken about difficulties with adding or registering a domain. Would you mind elaborating on this as you told me on our telephonic conversation that the hosting side of things has in fact been resolved

I look forward to your response
This information has all been confirmed with the relevant managers at Web Africa
Anakha56
Forum Administrator
Processor: Ryzen 1700K
Motherboard: Asus X370
Graphics card: Asus 1060 Strix
Memory: 16GB RAM

Post by Anakha56 »

GB thanks for the post and I will lock this thread again. It is obvious that this will need to handled via PM. If you feel otherwise ask me and I shall unlock. :)
JUSTICE, n A commodity which is a more or less adulterated condition the State sells to the citizen as a reward for his allegiance, taxes and personal service.
Anakha56
Forum Administrator
Processor: Ryzen 1700K
Motherboard: Asus X370
Graphics card: Asus 1060 Strix
Memory: 16GB RAM

Post by Anakha56 »

Unlocked, if anyone spams in here their posts will be deleted!
JUSTICE, n A commodity which is a more or less adulterated condition the State sells to the citizen as a reward for his allegiance, taxes and personal service.
po10cy

Post by po10cy »

Glad its sorted out, GB works fast when there are issues. mine always got sorted out same day i had a query. hopefully the funds get put back in.
when in doubt, paddle out... ;)
americantsm1
Queen of the Damned

Post by americantsm1 »

The thing I am curious about though, is who's issue was it?

Because both parties seem to be saying the other is at fault.

If 2 services were ordered and ONE lot of account information was given, of course it will be debited from the same ammount.

I don't know maybe it is because I am blonde but I am curious because I am currently looking into who to use as a DSL etc etc provider ... and if webafrica's support is good (and yes I know I have j1ffy) then wonderful. However if there are actual issues with their billing I would like to know.

From what I have read it sounds like it was not a fault on WA's part ... is this assumption correct?
There comes a time for every vampire when the idea of eternity becomes momentarily unbearable. Living in the shadows, feeding in the darkness with only your own company to keep, rots into a solitary, hollow existence.
WAJeff

Post by WAJeff »

po10cy wrote:Glad its sorted out, GB works fast when there are issues. mine always got sorted out same day i had a query. hopefully the funds get put back in.
Thanks for the appraisal po10cy, always strive for an extremely high customer service level at Web Africa in all departments
Regarding the refund, the relevant funds where reversed yesterday and should reflect in the users account
RuadRauFlessa

Post by RuadRauFlessa »

Hey g0ldback, good work there :wink: I am proud to have you as a fellow member on the forum :)
:rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock:
Spoiler (show)
Intel Core i7-2600k @ 3.4GHz
Corsair Vengence 2x4GB DDR3 2000MHz
Thermaltake Toughpower 850W
ASUS nVidia GTX560 1GB
CoolerMaster HAF 932
UrBaN

Post by UrBaN »

To elaborate on my earlier point - I did no tmean simply that he is a tool.

Based on his communication, it seems that he is not willing to fairly handle the issue with WA. If there is an admin error on his part (as the paper signer) then he is accountable for that. Whomever fills in the forms should ensure they are correct.

By providing personal banking details for a business application, one can only wonder as to the business' own policy regarding billing etc - sounds like lunacy to me.

I think WA have been generous in refunding the money, without any legal obligations to do so.
to ápeiro anima
Tel
Moderator Emeritus

Post by Tel »

So were u sorted out tendai?

I've had a few billing issues with webafrica, but they are still the best company that I've dealt with when it comes to customer service. These times that I had the issues, I pointed out the incorrect items, they saw the error in their ways and refunded me, no prob.

But it might be different in your case, tendai...

Edit: Maybe I should continue reading after page 1. :oops: :roll:
Be Silly. Be Honest. Be Kind. | Ralph Waldo Emerson
KillerByte
G3AR Staff Member

Post by KillerByte »

The service that GB has shown to the members of this forum makes me trust WA, and I will give them strong consideration when I finally get an ADSL line.
What I type has nothing to do with the people that employ me.