Intranet Upgrade, Best Practice?

Get help on web editors (Frontpage, Dreamweaver) and web languages (HTML, ASP, PHP).
Anakha56
Forum Administrator
Processor: Ryzen 1700K
Motherboard: Asus X370
Graphics card: Asus 1060 Strix
Memory: 16GB RAM

Intranet Upgrade, Best Practice?

Post by Anakha56 »

Hello,

Right so I have been given the arduous task to take our standerd HTML page and upgrade it to a sharepoint/joomla based Intranet site. Firstly which product is better (read easier:P) to setup? What would be the best way to make the move? And lastly are there any other products that could the same that might be easier? maxxis (hope you read this) quite awhile back you recommended a proggi for testing sites with as it installs default databases, can you remember what it is? :)

Many Thanks,
JUSTICE, n A commodity which is a more or less adulterated condition the State sells to the citizen as a reward for his allegiance, taxes and personal service.
Anakha56
Forum Administrator
Processor: Ryzen 1700K
Motherboard: Asus X370
Graphics card: Asus 1060 Strix
Memory: 16GB RAM

Re: Intranet Upgrade, Best Practice?

Post by Anakha56 »

So some progress (very small) I am going with Joomla and have been playing with it and am quite impressed. Now is there a way to take our plain html intranet site and convert it into the Joomla system? How easy is it to do that? Or would I need to create everything from scratch?
JUSTICE, n A commodity which is a more or less adulterated condition the State sells to the citizen as a reward for his allegiance, taxes and personal service.
doo_much

Post by doo_much »

I've no clue regarding Joomla.

However.

Try weasel - he's quite handy with it. :wink:
MOOD - Thirsty

A surprising amount of modern pseudoscience is coming out of the environmental sector. Perhaps it should not be so surprising given that environmentalism is political rather than scientific.
Timothy Casey
KillerByte
G3AR Staff Member

Post by KillerByte »

give Ron2k a shout. He knows Joomla
What I type has nothing to do with the people that employ me.