English Spam Thread and General Rubbish

Chat about anything and everything here!
Forum rules
The global forum rules are found here.

NOTE: posts in this section are not counted towards your total.
Tribble
Processor: Intel Core i7-4770K CPU@3.50GHz
Motherboard: ACPI x64-based PC
Graphics card: GeForce GTX 780 Ti
Memory: 16GB

Re: English Spam Thread and General Rubbish

Post by Tribble »

Synthesis wrote:
Tribble wrote:
Ryan_Cooper wrote:Tribble, hey tribbs how was the circus?
It was amazing. You guys would have loved the ladies / girls. The Asian ladies were particularly popular - and so was the rope dancer. The snake handler got her fair share of cheers too.

It was really worth it. One performer nearly fell but he recovered nicely (and no it was not part of the act - we have seen it before and the last time he did the blindfold act perfectly). The finale was hilarious!
I remember that. That's when he's running blindfolded on the outside of that death-wheel thing and "falls" but grabs on and goes under. ? That one?
If it is, then yeah, I had front row seats with the asian acrobat chicks. :twisted: Those leotards :shock: talk about cam-toe...
Ah then he has changed his act. I fell for it hook line and sinker.
Dwayno

Post by Dwayno »

Synthesis wrote:
Dwayno wrote:Hello :) Damn its hot
Considering the way Stuart and Tribble were taking the conversation, that remark was either very wrong timing or you're not welcome here anymore..... which is it?
NOTA :)
I was referring to the weather
"What were you hoping to prove? That, deep down, everyone's as ugly as you?"
Synthesis

Post by Synthesis »

Dwayno wrote:
Synthesis wrote:
Dwayno wrote:Hello :) Damn its hot
Considering the way Stuart and Tribble were taking the conversation, that remark was either very wrong timing or you're not welcome here anymore..... which is it?
NOTA :)
I was referring to the weather
ok, then you may stay, but you're on probation.
Ryan_Cooper

Post by Ryan_Cooper »

:lurk: :lurk: :lurk: :lurk:
THE GAME........YOU Have JUST LOst It !!!!!!!!!!
Synthesis

Post by Synthesis »

Ryan_Cooper, So what's with the cute avatar. Are we supposed to take pity on you or something? 'cos it's working.
Tribble

Post by Tribble »

It is cute
GreyWolf
Processor: PHENOM II 945
Motherboard: Asus M4A78
Graphics card: HIS ICEQ 4850 1GB
Memory: 4GB CORSAIR XMS II 1066

Post by GreyWolf »

A friend of mine pointed something out to me, namely that for a IT forum, there is a lot of rubbish floating around. Even now, of 10 recently updated threads, only 3 are IT related!

I am pretty sure that breakup advice, "posthumanism", your opinions on the above person and the rest can all come under this thread. Come on people, quit the freakin spam, or at leat put it where it belongs!
"Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist that black flag, and begin slitting throats."
- H. L. Mancken
Tribble

Post by Tribble »

GreyWolf, someone stood on your tail I see. :lol:
Dwayno

Post by Dwayno »

Synthesis, :yay:
"What were you hoping to prove? That, deep down, everyone's as ugly as you?"
Synthesis

Post by Synthesis »

GreyWolf, We're IT people, what more do you expect?
Ryan_Cooper

Post by Ryan_Cooper »

Tribble wrote:GreyWolf, someone stood on your tail I see. :lol:
some one forgot to tell him that this is the section dedicated to spam
THE GAME........YOU Have JUST LOst It !!!!!!!!!!
Stuart
Lead Forum Administrator

Post by Stuart »

GreyWolf wrote:A friend of mine pointed something out to me, namely that for a IT forum, there is a lot of rubbish floating around. Even now, of 10 recently updated threads, only 3 are IT related!

I am pretty sure that breakup advice, "posthumanism", your opinions on the above person and the rest can all come under this thread. Come on people, quit the freakin spam, or at leat put it where it belongs!
Excuse me sir, but we have no desire to be dishing out un-pickup lines around here. Let's keep Ward things where they belong. This is the place to have sensible, friendly, non-emo (unless you're NDA) discussions about all things related to English and General Rubbish. Breakups should never be done in English, and should you refer to your (ex) partner as trash, you may end up incapable of viewing the Spam thread for quite some time.
GreyWolf

Post by GreyWolf »

nope. its just that the whole morning I have been occasionally browsing this forum, and it seems that it has turned to utter drivel. For example, I personally do not care to hear about steers new veg patties being made of actual vegies and not far eastern beans. The name at the top says PCFormat, not Hippy format. ;)

I do not mean to single that one out, but it is a prime example of topics that are just taking up space for NO reason...

edit: the reason I posted this here is because it is SPAM related.
"Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist that black flag, and begin slitting throats."
- H. L. Mancken
Stuart
Lead Forum Administrator

Post by Stuart »

GreyWolf wrote:I do not mean to single that one out, but it is a prime example of topics that are just taking up space for NO reason...
Whilst we all agree that Prime takes up space for NO reason, we still do not wish to have the Ward relegated to our thread. Perhaps Ronald could be persuaded to redirect all submissions in the Ward to the Marie Claire forums.
GreyWolf

Post by GreyWolf »

Stuart wrote:
GreyWolf wrote:I do not mean to single that one out, but it is a prime example of topics that are just taking up space for NO reason...
Whilst we all agree that Prime takes up space for NO reason, we still do not wish to have the Ward relegated to our thread. Perhaps Ronald could be persuaded to redirect all submissions in the Ward to the Marie Claire forums.
now that you mention it stewie (stuie? stooy?), at least 66% of the threads on this forum can be moved to Marie Calire, Cosmo, O, FHM, SnS and others...
- H. L. Mancken
Synthesis

Post by Synthesis »

GreyWolf, Go have a look over at here-----> http://forums.pcformat.co.za/viewtopic. ... te+of+spam

The thread was locked but hey, check it out and see what the mods and admins say. I know you just want to vent. But this is chillout, not for venting. :wink: Just thought the explanations in that thread by the higher powers themselves would bring some closure to your feelings towards the spam threads. I'm trying to help you man.
Tribble

Post by Tribble »

GreyWolf wrote:
nope. its just that the whole morning I have been occasionally browsing this forum, and it seems that it has turned to utter drivel. For example, I personally do not care to hear about steers new veg patties being made of actual vegies and not far eastern beans. The name at the top says PCFormat, not Hippy format. ;)

I do not mean to single that one out, but it is a prime example of topics that are just taking up space for NO reason...
ROFL but you did have to single out that one - I created it. And yes - serious folk like you must get tired of the fun the rest of us have. So I do understand the angst you must feel when you look at the recent topics list and see chill out threads from here to kingdom come. Most of us are in IT or related fields and spend the entire day at work dealing with software or hardware. We don't all get off on discussing it in our breaks - so we tend to chat about other things. We have made friends here and this forum is a family forum - where we act like family.

Lancelot has voiced his support for the chillout zones and Ron2k has explained that he cannot give you what you currently want ( a sidebar). So I understand that you feel that if you come here and try and force us to stop posting - then you will ultimately get what you want. And I do applaud your attempt. There is one small problem however - we like it here. And until we get banned, locked out, restricted or ignored - we will continue to chat.

You have two choices - well three actually, perhaps 4 would be more correct. You can ignore us - you can leave - you can be miserable and complain all the time - or (and this is the one I would suggest) you could join us and learn to chill out a bit. Relax - put your feet up and make a few friends. Ultimately - the choice is yours.
Synthesis

Post by Synthesis »

Yeah, what the lady said too. :!:
Synthesis

Post by Synthesis »

How about we start a SA thread (Spammers anonymous):

Good morning. My name is Synthesis and it's been 6 hours since I last spammed. <applause>
Stuart
Lead Forum Administrator

Post by Stuart »

GreyWolf wrote:
Stuart wrote:
now that you mention it stewie (stuie? stooy?), at least 66% of the threads on this forum can be moved to Marie Calire, Cosmo, O, FHM, SnS and others...
Stooy? :lol: That's a new one on me. :lol: I do agree, however ... all those irritating anime/manga threads should really be relegated to the seventh level of Cosmopolitan. However, should we do away with the Chillout...Relax section, the Active Topics page would look something like this ...

1. Upgrading ... help me choose
2. Which mobo should I go for?
3. What do you think of this upgrade?
4. Bring back the sidebar
5. Advice on upgrading
6. Where can I buy these components
7. I just upgraded ... what are your thoughts?
8. Help me choose components
9. Which dress should I go for?
10. DIRECTX 11 IN WINDOWS XP!!!!!!!!

etc.

Personally, I find a good dose of English Spam and General Rubbish refreshing amongst all the posts asking for upgrade advice or wondering who likes chicken.
Tribble

Post by Tribble »

Now that would be awesome. What would the time limit be?
GreyWolf

Post by GreyWolf »

I do apologise for coming off all agro. Tribs, I do understand what you are saying and that is fine. I am as guilty as anyone of taking part in the chill out section.

But let me ask you this: does a thread have to be made for every single opnion that pops into peoples minds?
- H. L. Mancken
Stuart
Lead Forum Administrator

Post by Stuart »

Tribble wrote:And until we get banned, locked out, restricted or ignored - we will continue to chat.
And we have tried ignoring Tribble, but a look at her post count (which she loves ... she always wants us to comment on it) will tell you how successful that was.
Stuart
Lead Forum Administrator

Post by Stuart »

GreyWolf wrote:But let me ask you this: does a thread have to be made for every single opnion that pops into peoples minds?
Does a new thread have to be made for every single person who wants to upgrade or know what's better between an E8400 or a Q9300?
Stuart
Lead Forum Administrator

Post by Stuart »

Synthesis wrote:How about we start a SA thread (Spammers anonymous):

Good morning. My name is Synthesis and it's been 6 hours since I last spammed. <applause>
Applause? With our crowd? Six hours without spam would result in name calling and excommunication from The Fellowship of the Spam.