Becoming posthuman

Formerly known as "The Ward" -- now Anakha56 and rustypup's playground. Abandon all hope, all ye who enter.
Forum rules
The global forum rules are found here.

NOTE: posts in this section are not counted towards your total.
thEnaileDonE

Re: Becoming posthuman

Post by thEnaileDonE »

Siemens wrote:The epic battle of an elf against a bunch of trolls. You guys are teaming up against her for a real silly reason.

Now get back on topic.
postman pat and his black and white cat.
Agreed... just had a read on the forum rules and I couldn't find anything about spelling and grammer etc. There was however
2) Respect each other! Profanity, insults, flaming, racist, sexist, hateful comments will not be tolerated. Personal attacks are completely unnecessary. Please report this to the forum staff.
And this from senior members of PCF?
If you are at your Wits End...
Severed Fifth - Changing the way the music industry works, one song at a time!
Tribble
Processor: Intel Core i7-4770K CPU@3.50GHz
Motherboard: ACPI x64-based PC
Graphics card: GeForce GTX 780 Ti
Memory: 16GB

Post by Tribble »

That was my thinking. I agree grammar mistakes can be painful - but I really think that rapping over the knuckles should be done in private.
hamin_aus
Forum Moderator
Processor: Intel i7 3770K
Motherboard: GA-Z77X-UP4 TH
Graphics card: Galax GTX1080
Memory: 32GB G.Skill Ripjaws

Post by hamin_aus »

Tribble wrote:I agree grammar mistakes can be painful - but I really think that rapping over the knuckles should be done in private.
I didn't wrap anyone over the knuckles...
Zana's terrible spelling and grammar bugs me and I decided to critique it in the hopes that it would improve.
She has chosen not to listen to my advice and that's that.

thEnaileDonE, thanks for quoting the rules, I was not familiar with them :idea:
Now do me a favour and tell me where, in your esteemed opinion, I broke them.
Perhaps you should PM me that - since you do not want to incur the wrath of Tribble for any perceived public berating!

Would the two of you be interested in applying for the position of my conscience :?:
There is a vacancy at the moment - but it's a full time job with no salary and very few benefits, I'm afraid.
thEnaileDonE

Post by thEnaileDonE »

(just copied and pasted this from a PM I was going to send to jamin... then thought nah... I don't like PM)

Mr. Jamin...

As you might have seen I didn't include any names in my post, it has just become apparent to me in many threads that this Zana person seems to be under constant attack... problem is I haven't been around for some time and I have just now started to realize just how annoying she can be (sorry Zana, it's true)... however I still don't think it is in the best interest for her to be harassed this way constantly... especially not from some of the other senior members who I hold in high esteem... as for you, that's just who you are...

Didn't mean to offend, just defend, and that will be my last thoughts and effort on the matter...
If you are at your Wits End...
Severed Fifth - Changing the way the music industry works, one song at a time!
hamin_aus
Forum Moderator
Processor: Intel i7 3770K
Motherboard: GA-Z77X-UP4 TH
Graphics card: Galax GTX1080
Memory: 32GB G.Skill Ripjaws

Post by hamin_aus »

Siemens wrote:The epic battle of an elf against a bunch of trolls.
I lol'd

1 internet to you, sir :!:
Tribble

Post by Tribble »

jamin_za wrote: Would the two of you be interested in applying for the position of my conscience :?:
There is a vacancy at the moment - but it's a full time job with no salary and very few benefits, I'm afraid.
You actually want one of those? :shock: Not a good idea in my book - they are very limiting and seem to take all the fun out of life. I should know - mine is unfortunately very active. I have found that alcohol slows it down or even shuts it up on occasion - a good thing to know sometimes.

So nope - I will not be applying for that severely underpaid and overworked position :wink: I am just getting tired of the Zana bashing. As thEnaileDonE says - it seems to be all over the board. Besides, there are far more interesting people to pick on :twisted:
jee

Post by jee »

Zana wrote:first of all why I am not bothered about spelling and grammer(grandma), or even people taking me seriously, if the first amendment that people never take me seriously until they experience a phenomena which I have experienced, which could be called something that is too late or :shock:
*sigh* i tried to figure it out. If you don't want people to take what you say seriously why post at all? Just to put you in the picture, there are people that read this forum that has experienced phenomena similar to yours and worse. They still see you as a crack pot instead of a champion for their cause because your posts (and your own admission) are doing more harm than good.

Zana wrote: 1) Tieredness, when the day goes by I naturally get tiered... and spelling gets worse and worse... also the possibility of not having work i grow careless... and follow my thaughts and thaughts think faster than texting on the keyboard.
It happens to many people, and because one's thoughts are faster than the fingers, one should RE-READ what one has written before hitting the send button. I get tired because i have a demanding job, and often changes things around - particularly numbers and time. I have to double check to make sure i get it right when i'm tired. So does others. I suppose its important to us...

Zana wrote: 2) I am not writing formal stuffies, and only casually so its ok for the odd error.. two weeks or even a week and at least a day down the line this text will hardly be read... and it would drift to the dregs of the forum in a matter of time... precipitating out of solution and never to be acessed , only if one searches "spelling" + "zana"... its not as if i am creating an article for the mag isnt it ?
Oh, so you don't see this as an important thread? :evil: You don't see anything (apart from the spam threads) on this forum as "formal stuffies"? I totally disagree with you, and would ask that you respect others who are trying to have an intellectual/interesting/worthwhile conversation/debate that they like to spend time on and not just rush off to answer all the rest of their spam.

Irritated and pushed to the limits
no huggles to share
j
"Integrity" and "integer" both contain a Latin root meaning "whole; complete." The root sense, then, is that people may be said to be acting with integrity when their beliefs, words, and actions have a sense of unity or wholeness.
Zana

Post by Zana »

jee wrote:
Zana wrote: ..::snipped::..

Irritated and pushed to the limits
no huggles to share
j

Hello there, i did not realize that I was hurting or harming anyone with my spelling & grammar mistakes, I did not mean that writing not formal stuffies to posts in the way you see it Jee, yes the topics are important and of interest, if they were not I would be bored and dismissed them... yes I have been to careless beyond explanation , I am sorry you would be the same if no one wants you etc etc just because you physically and mentally dont fit in the culture, ideas etc of this country or even this planet... But i will work better towards it in the future and keep my replies readable as possible. I do have other aspects regarding spelling which i keep to myself, somedays i know and other days its forgotten...its frustrating...

overall yes I am different, strange etc even worse if you meet me for real... some of you loved it others cant stand it...
I know that..

I cant help it... and i dont belong on this planet in the first place, as square pegs dont fit into round holes..

I am sorry
I just dont feel like talking here anymore or hurting anyne for stupid reasons... but i may give up and forget the whole thing ever happned in the future..
Anyway
Love and hugs

going underground (there is lots of places i dont post often anymore because of this sort of thing)
The elvin world is different from your world like our ears compared with yours.. to see all the elfs
Art Gallery: www.zananeichan.deviantart.com
qwiksilva666

Post by qwiksilva666 »

so is this thread ova :?: :P

dammit, im think im gona miss that elf chick
~~*Head of the Druidic Council of the Pride of Darkness*~~
AMD PhenomII X4 955
M4N98TD-EVO
ENGTX560 TI DCII TOP
8GB Corsair XMS
Antec TP 750W
jee

Post by jee »

http://www.newscientist.com/article/mg1 ... e-lab.html

THE next time a moth alights on your window sill, watch what you say. Sure, it may look like an innocent visitor, irresistibly drawn to the light in your room, but it could actually be a spy - one of a new generation of cyborg insects with implants wired into their nerves to allow remote control of their movement. Be warned, flesh-and-blood bugs may soon live up to their name.

The cyborg concept drifted back into science fiction for a few decades, until 2002 when a team announced that they had developed a cyborg rat whose movement could be controlled remotely (New Scientist, 4 May 2002, p 6). The team led by John Chapin at the State University of New York Health Science Center in Brooklyn, implanted electrodes in the rat's brain which apparently mimicked the sensation that its left or right whiskers had been brushed. They then trained the rat to respond to the electrical stimuli. For example, if the rat turned right when the brain region associated with its right whiskers was pulsed, then reward centres in its brain were electrically stimulated.

hmmm animal cruelty?
"Integrity" and "integer" both contain a Latin root meaning "whole; complete." The root sense, then, is that people may be said to be acting with integrity when their beliefs, words, and actions have a sense of unity or wholeness.
Tribble

Post by Tribble »

I would venture a yes.
qwiksilva666

Post by qwiksilva666 »

i think thats awesome! cyberat to the rescue! he can chew through the wires to disable bombs, get a better view of hostage situations. i see no animal cruelty unless the animal is in great pain.

cmon cats eat rats. is that not animal cruelty? break up with your gf/bf is human cruelty? :mrgreen:
~~*Head of the Druidic Council of the Pride of Darkness*~~
AMD PhenomII X4 955
M4N98TD-EVO
ENGTX560 TI DCII TOP
8GB Corsair XMS
Antec TP 750W
mina.magpie

Post by mina.magpie »

Oooh, but this thread really DID drift all over the place huh? I know it's a zombie, but I feel this needs to be responded to:
qwiksilva666 wrote:i think thats awesome! cyberat to the rescue! he can chew through the wires to disable bombs, get a better view of hostage situations. i see no animal cruelty unless the animal is in great pain. cmon cats eat rats. is that not animal cruelty? break up with your gf/bf is human cruelty? :mrgreen:
I think anything that does something to a living creature against its will is cruelty. Since an animal can't give consent, altering it physically is violence and coercion. Yeah, animals eat other animals all the time, but that is not the same as altering them or caging them or mutilating them. If it's dead it doesn't care, but if it's alive I reckon it cares a great deal - I mean, what's the scariest Star Trek species EVER? The borg, because they threaten to ... unmake us against our will.

I read an article in National Geographic about a year ago about animal intelligence and communication, and most importantly, self-awareness. Animals are MUCH closer to us than we realise, with distinct identities and personalities and stuff, and from that POV, what these scientists, and for that matter, all medical experimenters using animals do is no better than the Borg or the Strogg or any of those.

Mina.
"Don't waste your whole life trying to get back what was taken away" - The Offspring from "Kristy are you doing okay"
rustypup

Post by rustypup »

mina.magpie wrote:distinct identities and personalities
exactly!...

all those... delicious.. .juicy... personalities... on a bed of chips... covered in blue cheese sauce... baked potato on the side... sour cream....

mmmm.....

what are those scientists thinking! :evil:
Most people would sooner die than think; in fact, they do so - Bertrand Russel
jee

Post by jee »

rustypup wrote:
mina.magpie wrote:distinct identities and personalities
exactly!...

all those... delicious.. .juicy... personalities... on a bed of chips... covered in blue cheese sauce... baked potato on the side... sour cream....

mmmm.....
puppi!!!! arghh!

i have a friend who said he will eat meat if he knows it was a happy cow.... (when alive... ) *grins*
mina.magpie

Post by mina.magpie »

You two are both just ... nasty. :P

Especially the puppy. That such cute eyes can hide such an evil, twisted soul ...

Mina.
"Don't waste your whole life trying to get back what was taken away" - The Offspring from "Kristy are you doing okay"
jee

Post by jee »

mina.magpie wrote:You two are both just ... nasty. :P
you were going to say tasty? *wicked grin* Almost, but not entirely unlike nasty :)

The puppi knows how i feel about eating meat deep down in that twisted soul of his... VERY twisted, not evol tho.... I am sure there is some malfunctioning bit of harddrive living there somewhere.... ;)