The XBOX 360 Thread

Discuss the XBox 360 in here.
Rayne

Re: The XBOX 360 Thread

Post by Rayne »

Saw it online months ago yes but I'm yet to see one here.
OnlyOneKenobi
Moderator Emeritus

Post by OnlyOneKenobi »

Does it actually look different from the current controller? The d-pad I got on the new controller that came with Xbox Arcade ( replacement for the broken Elite :( ) seems to work a lot better, especially in fighting games like Mk vs DC Universe - but it still looks the same as the old one.

Intel Core i7-950 | MSI X58 Pro-E, STK1366 | Geforce GTX470 1280 | 8GB DDR3 1333Mhz RAM | Samsung 226BW Monitor | Windows 7 Home Premium
Siemens
Location: somewhere over the rainbow where katie melua is running from me.

Post by Siemens »

The new one looks the same it just more modified. its gor more directions. I think 16 or 32.
From whatI've read ages ago on Kotaku was that it was only going to be bundled with Pro Evolution Soccer 09.
"Friends are a lot like potatoes. If you eat them they die." - Stuart
ZeroS

Post by ZeroS »

justinufo wrote:The new 360 pad fixes the d pad problem.
New?

I prefer the triggers on the 360, everything else on the PS3. Rather, I don't notice any substantial difference.

Next game you're shelling out cash for? For me, I presume it's going to be Star Ocean 4.
The greatest obstacle to discovery is not ignorance - it is the illusion of knowledge.
Rayne

Post by Rayne »

The PS3 should handle inputs much better than the 360. It's easier pushing down 2 of 4 directional buttons than it is finding mid between 2 directional inputs on a round one.

Coming soon? -

X-Blades
Street Fighter IV
Star Ocean : The Last Hope
Halo Wars
Resident Evil 5
Ninja Blade
Sacred 2 : Fallen Angel

I'll pre-order only Star Ocean and Resident Evil from that. The rest I'll pick up as I have cash.

And last I heard the new controllers are red in color only. There are no new controllers in our bundles. I'll look this up again a bit later. Been a while since I last did so don't be quoting me on that yet.

EDIT : Green lol not red, my bad -

Limited to Europe, Asia and Latin America only. :|
ZeroS

Post by ZeroS »

Green!? I'll stick to my white one. It looks not much different from the garden one.
X-Blades
Street Fighter IV
Star Ocean : The Last Hope
Halo Wars
Resident Evil 5
Ninja Blade
Sacred 2 : Fallen Angel
I'll probably get all of these besides Ninja Blade. After playing the demo, it ranks nowhere near Ninja Gaiden II.
As for the whole year, there's a copious amount of titles being released that I want. Particularly looking forward to Tales of Vesparia. Perhaps also:
Afro Samurai
Bioshock 2
Bayonetta
Onechanbara
FEAR 2
Velvet Assassin
and a few others.

Most multi platforms, I'll get on the 360 as they're usually cheaper. I'm forced to take this way if I want to get the PS3 exclusives for this year. The nearest money drainers are Killzone 2 and Persona 4 (PS2).
The greatest obstacle to discovery is not ignorance - it is the illusion of knowledge.
justinufo

Post by justinufo »

When is tekken 6 coming out btw?
Rayne

Post by Rayne »

Don't know about Tekken's release.

Oh? Well to be honest it's a coin toss between Ninja Blade and the bikini squad for me if that's the case then. I've been unable to watch GameTrailers vids since mid December ( :? ) so I'm not in the loop as far as recent footage goes. Will see when the time comes.

And all Microsoft did was tweak the D-Pad and paint it green so as to know which one it is. It's essential for certain genres like fighting games because as is your input has to be godlike sometimes else it's all over the place and you end up missing your juggles. I think I'll look into an arcade stick anyways though.
ZeroS

Post by ZeroS »

Ninja Blade has a tuned down combat system of Ninja Gaiden II which is covered up for by those bombastic one-button-press cut scenes. It seems to be a nice game, but alongside NGII, it doesn't match up. I remember reading something like this on Kotaku as well.

As for Onechanbara, bikinis babes on a zombie massacre. Pre-order it is.
I'm playing around, I'll wait for reviews on this one.
Rayne

Post by Rayne »

New XCM adaptor will allow to use a PS3 controller on the Xbox 360

XCMLive has just informed us of a new product that should be available towards the end of February. The cross fire converter is an adaptor which will allow you to use a PS3 controller on the Xbox 360, more functions will be announced at a later date.
http://www.maxconsole.net/?mode=news&newsid=35280

Lol.
justinufo

Post by justinufo »

Kewl.I still prefer the 360 pad over the ps3/2 pad though.Is this legal?Can Sony do anything about this?
ZeroS

Post by ZeroS »

Rayne wrote:
New XCM adaptor will allow to use a PS3 controller on the Xbox 360

XCMLive has just informed us of a new product that should be available towards the end of February. The cross fire converter is an adaptor which will allow you to use a PS3 controller on the Xbox 360, more functions will be announced at a later date.
http://www.maxconsole.net/?mode=news&newsid=35280

Lol.
It would've been better the other way around. Sure some games support keyboard and mouse for the PS3, but the trigger pulling action sure as hell beats dabbing a mouse button.
Frozenfireside

Post by Frozenfireside »

lol now if the PS3 controller wasn't R800 I would definitely get it.
Soon Google will know everything...including how to divide by zero :(
Rayne

Post by Rayne »

Star Ocean's physics in action. :lol:

Zeros I got to see some vids of Onechanbara. Lol bru it looks bad. Same moves over and over. I rate this a bad buy but, lets wait for a few ratings and see.
ZeroS

Post by ZeroS »

It was excruciating watching that load frame by frame. But, that chest motion... Reminds of DOA.

I haven't seen Onechanbara yet, though I was mindlessly deluded by bikini babes.

I'm beginning to sound like a pervert...
justinufo

Post by justinufo »

hey guys.I was wondering.Have you experienced the problem i have?My controller keeps disconnecting each time i put the vibration on.If i put it off its fine.Say im playing Forza and i bump into a wall its dc's.Batteries fully charged.Please help.
muffinman

Post by muffinman »

Nope, my controller only disconnects when my batteries are flat.
Rayne

Post by Rayne »

Get new batteries. The reading's not always correct.

With vibration on it lasts me 3 days. With vibration off it lasts me almost 2 weeks.
justinufo

Post by justinufo »

It even does that with fresh batteries.Im using a charge n play kit anyway.Ill just leave the vibration off then.
muffinman

Post by muffinman »

Hi guys.

I'm having some trouble updating my Xbox.

It downloaded the first update without a problem (the dashboard update), but it doesn't want to complete the other downloads. It get's to about 60% and then give's me an error (i've tried about 5 times). I'm using a 3G connection.

Have any of you guys had this problem and do you know of a solution?

Thanks.
OnlyOneKenobi
Moderator Emeritus

Post by OnlyOneKenobi »

justinufo wrote:It even does that with fresh batteries.Im using a charge n play kit anyway.Ill just leave the vibration off then.
Isn't the vibration maybe shaking your battery loose from the controller? Maybe the clips that hold the battery in place are worn?

Intel Core i7-950 | MSI X58 Pro-E, STK1366 | Geforce GTX470 1280 | 8GB DDR3 1333Mhz RAM | Samsung 226BW Monitor | Windows 7 Home Premium
RiaX

Post by RiaX »

does anyone know where i can get a pal version of tales of vesperia ?

http://www.take2.co.za/games-tales-of-v ... 23521.html (US version :( )
ZeroS

Post by ZeroS »

Not yet released in PAL regions. It's due sometime this year.
RiaX

Post by RiaX »

Just started playing eternal sonata...... A very good game so far
ZeroS

Post by ZeroS »

Another JRPG player...

Eternal Sonata was nicely done. One of the most artistic and vivid nex-gen games.