Why Is Vista Crucified?

Discussion and support for the Windows family of operating systems.
Prime

Re: Why Is Vista Crucified?

Post by Prime »

justinufo wrote:Vista sux.Period.Im speaking from experience.Why do you think m$ is already busy on windows seven?

just think about what you are saying! Do you have any business sense? You don't sit back with one product, you develop the next product on deployment of the current one. Or you go out of business... Why Do you think nvidia and ati releases a new graphics cards?

Suggestion: climb back into your hole with prometheus, quit sharing your single brain cell and go back to sleep. :roll:

And Prometheus, the bs meter just went to 7 on the richter scale. If i actually had the energy to, i'd reply to what you said and shred your posts. What i will say is this, most laptops ship with at least 1 gig of ram. The better ones at least 2. What you and every other person forgets is that You get what you pay for. Cheap laptop, expect hassles. There is a reason hp laptops or typically over 10 grand.

And quit whining. God, how pathetic!

Edit: thats a little harsh, but i'm absolutely sick of this crap you xp fanboi's sprout.
Synthesis

Post by Synthesis »

Just a question: Who follows who's lead? Do hardware vendors set the bar and software (games) have to adapt or visa versa? Or do software vendors create their products and expect hardware vendors to create supportable hardware with the needed features.
Or do maybe, do they liaise and work together?
D3PART3D
Starbound's Dear

Post by D3PART3D »

When someone starts an argument with "I used to like Windows" I hear it in the same tone as "I'm not racist, my best friend is black!".
Ceterum autem censeo Samsung Mobile esse delendam.

When something is important enough, you do it even if the odds are not in your favor.
- Elon Musk
justinufo

Post by justinufo »

Prime wrote:
justinufo wrote:Vista sux.Period.Im speaking from experience.Why do you think m$ is already busy on windows seven?

just think about what you are saying! Do you have any business sense? You don't sit back with one product, you develop the next product on deployment of the current one. Or you go out of business... Why Do you think nvidia and ati releases a new graphics cards?

Suggestion: climb back into your hole with prometheus, quit sharing your single brain cell and go back to sleep. :roll:

And Prometheus, the bs meter just went to 7 on the richter scale. If i actually had the energy to, i'd reply to what you said and shred your posts. What i will say is this, most laptops ship with at least 1 gig of ram. The better ones at least 2. What you and every other person forgets is that You get what you pay for. Cheap laptop, expect hassles. There is a reason hp laptops or typically over 10 grand.

And quit whining. God, how pathetic!

Edit: thats a little harsh, but i'm absolutely sick of this crap you xp fanboi's sprout.
Dude.1st of all.I think you needed a bit of sleep.If you look at the date it was posted that was last year.As im posting now im using Vista.Im not using Xp anymore.Ive decided to upgrade and keep it as my main OS.Was that really necessary?If i have a single brain cell i wonder how i got distintions and NEVER failed in my whole life :roll: and a few recently.So please.Just relax and take it easy ok?peace
Stuart
Lead Forum Administrator

Post by Stuart »

justinufo wrote:Dude.1st of all.I think you needed a bit of sleep.If you look at the date it was posted that was last year.As im posting now im using Vista.Im not using Xp anymore.Ive decided to upgrade and keep it as my main OS.Was that really necessary?If i have a single brain cell i wonder how i got distintions and NEVER failed in my whole life :roll: and a few recently.So please.Just relax and take it easy ok?peace
LOL!!! So what happened to all that experience that you had when Vista sucked ... period? And as for Vista sucking being the reason that M$ is busy with Win 7 ... :roll:
DarkStar

Post by DarkStar »

I quote myself from another thread.
DarkStar wrote:Here's a few links to prove to the XP sheep that their perfect OS had EXACTLY the same problems when it was first released.

Keep in mind, these are pulled from 2001+ posts. Back when it was first released.

http://carthage.cementhorizon.com/archives/000149.html
http://www.weebls-stuff.com/peepls/157/windows-xp-sucks
http://www.sciforums.com/showthread.php?t=6958 (Mods might want to remove this, based on content inside)
http://www.tomshardware.co.uk/forum/383 ... hard-truth

I hope my point is made.

Also, "Vista Ready" Does NOT mean it will run Aero. It means you can run Vista with the 'Basic' theme.

People who run Aero with 512MB of RAM, and feel the right to complain, need to be removed from the gene pool.
Run the basic theme and you'll see, it runs a lot faster.
If I can't find a friendship problem...I'll make a friendship problem!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lxo1qlk6gEI
Prime

Post by Prime »

justinufo, I have to agree with stuart. And 2 Months ago is not that much. especially considering its on that page. Sorry about insulting your intelligence but just in general seeing the rubbish people spout in this thread annoys the hell out of me.

DarkStar, Thank you. XP only became decent after SP2, didn't it?

And Besides, the world didn't end because XP would not run on a P1 socket 7 or 8 and infact a P2 isn't much better :? The good old days when AMD processors went in intel sockets :lol:
justinufo

Post by justinufo »

Well no OS is perfect.Even XP.Ive decided to give one more go(my 4th installation since i bought Vista last year).Otherwise its been running fine.And like i said in another thread.I find it more stable than XP.We have to move forward sometimes to next OS and if it means fully migrating to Vista then it wouldve happened eventually.Ive learnt to be more patient with it and give it time.Im not saying that its good or bad.
Last edited by justinufo on 17 Jan 2009, 18:34, edited 1 time in total.
D3PART3D
Starbound's Dear

Post by D3PART3D »

More stable THAN xp, not then. ;)

//just so you know, you know.
Ceterum autem censeo Samsung Mobile esse delendam.

When something is important enough, you do it even if the odds are not in your favor.
- Elon Musk
justinufo

Post by justinufo »

D3PART3D wrote:More stable THAN xp, not then. ;)

//just so you know, you know.
:smack: :lol:
Prime

Post by Prime »

Lol, i hardly ever use my XP installation. tend to use Vsta all the time. i'm not actually sure why i enjoy it more. it just feels better i guess.

Still need to try W7. :oops:
GreyWolf
Processor: PHENOM II 945
Motherboard: Asus M4A78
Graphics card: HIS ICEQ 4850 1GB
Memory: 4GB CORSAIR XMS II 1066

Post by GreyWolf »

prime. XP SP1 was the stable version. Have been running it since it came out and only needed SP2 to satisfy Adobe. Same as now I am only installing SP3 because GTA4 needs it.

I am sorry, an Apple crash is not easier to deal with than an Win crash. When a mac stops responding, your choices are: HARD SHUT DOWN. On a Win machine ctrl-alt-del, kill offending process, resume.
"Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist that black flag, and begin slitting throats."
- H. L. Mancken
Prime

Post by Prime »

The number of times ctrl alt delete does not work... You push it, you kill task, task hangs, Windows locks up and then it also requires the reset button.

Afaik, macs don't crash unless you install ms stuff on them :P (lol i'm joking of course :P but a friend had an ibook and it went 200 and something days with out a crash or reboot. :?)
Prime

Post by Prime »

And regarding sp1 i can't remember which sp xp needed to become useable, just know it was between 1 and 2. I think i put i a (?) after that post. But thanks.
GreyWolf
Processor: PHENOM II 945
Motherboard: Asus M4A78
Graphics card: HIS ICEQ 4850 1GB
Memory: 4GB CORSAIR XMS II 1066

Post by GreyWolf »

fair enough dude. was not giving you grief over which sp, just trying to be informative.
"Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist that black flag, and begin slitting throats."
- H. L. Mancken
Prime

Post by Prime »

GreyWolf wrote:fair enough dude. was not giving you grief over which sp, just trying to be informative.
Its cool. I am an information sponge. :lol: (as in i absorb information for some of you :wink: )
shiv

Post by shiv »

Prime wrote: Afaik, macs don't crash unless you install ms stuff on them :P (lol i'm joking of course :P but a friend had an ibook and it went 200 and something days with out a crash or reboot. :?)
Macs dont crash because there isnt much software to interfere with it.
And the hardware is limited.
And no one cares about crashing a mac anyway :P