Wsus Error

Discussion and support for the Windows family of operating systems.
Kennyisalive

Wsus Error

Post by Kennyisalive »

Hi..

Ok when i open wsus my snap-in console isgiving me a not respondie error. So I had a look in the evet log and this is the error I'm geting.. Can anybody please help me..

Code: Select all

Full error message:

The WSUS administration console has encountered an unexpected error. This
may be a transient error; try restarting the administration console. If this
error persists,

Try removing the persisted preferences for the console by deleting the wsus
file under %appdata%\Microsoft\MMC\.

The WSUS administration console has encountered an unexpected error. This
may be a transient error; try restarting the administration console. If this
error persists,

Try removing the persisted preferences for the console by deleting the wsus
file under %appdata%\Microsoft\MMC\.

System.ArgumentException -- The specified string is invalid.
Parameter name: Name

Source
Microsoft.UpdateServices.BaseApi

Stack Trace:
at
Microsoft.UpdateServices.Internal.StringValidation .ValidateGenericNameString(String paramName, String value)
at
Microsoft.UpdateServices.Internal.BaseApi.Computer TargetGroup.SetTargetGroupName(Guid id, String name, UpdateServer server)
at
Microsoft.UpdateServices.Internal.BaseApi.Computer TargetGroup..ctor(UpdateServer updateServer, GenericReadableRow row)
** this exception was nested inside of the following exception **

Microsoft.UpdateServices.Administration.WsusInvali dDataException -- The
specified string is invalid.
Parameter name: Name

Source
Microsoft.UpdateServices.BaseApi

Stack Trace:
at
Microsoft.UpdateServices.Internal.BaseApi.Computer TargetGroup..ctor(UpdateServer updateServer, GenericReadableRow row)
at
Microsoft.UpdateServices.Internal.BaseApi.Computer TargetGroup.BuildComputerTargetGroupCollection(Gen ericReadableRow[] rows, UpdateServer updateServer)
at
Microsoft.UpdateServices.Internal.BaseApi.Computer TargetGroup.GetChildTargetGroups()
at
Microsoft.UpdateServices.UI.AdminApiAccess.WsusCom puterTargetGroup.GetChildTargetGroups()
at
Microsoft.UpdateServices.UI.AdminApiAccess.WsusCom puterTargetGroup.GetChildTargetGroupsSortedByName( )
at
Microsoft.UpdateServices.UI.SnapIn.Scope.Computers ListScopeNode.InitializeChildNodes()
at
Microsoft.UpdateServices.UI.SnapIn.Scope.Computers SummaryScopeNode.InitializeChildNodes()
at
Microsoft.UpdateServices.UI.SnapIn.Scope.ServerSum maryScopeNode.AddChildNodes()
at
Microsoft.UpdateServices.UI.SnapIn.Scope.ServerSum maryScopeNode.ConnectToServerAndPopulateNode(Boole an connectingServerToConsole)
at
Microsoft.UpdateServices.UI.SnapIn.Scope.ServerSum maryScopeNode.OnExpandFromLoad(SyncStatus status)

Thanx
Don't Click me
Forum Points:10018000