Prince of Persia 4

Anything to do with PC gaming goes in here.
RiaX

Prince of Persia 4

Post by RiaX »

Ok im thinking of buying this game but i before i do i would like to her some opinions of people who own it and played it and for the pc version if there are any bugs or faults.
Augur

Re: Prince of Persia 4

Post by Augur »

Unfortunately I'll only be able to comment in a week or two but from what I've heard it's pretty good and nothing but great reviews :)

ps: I'm not allowed to buy it until the GF completes Two Thrones - LOL
Synthesis

Post by Synthesis »

If there's a demo I'd recommend that first. I haven't seen it myself but a very good friend got it as a present and said he played for 10 minutes and put it back on the shelf because the graphics are terrible. It looks like the dude is a piece of paper apparently. He did mention though that the moves are great. I know this wan't much help but hey, you asked.
Interfan

Post by Interfan »

Game is good. Graphics depends whether you like good artwork or not, they look good to me.

Only irritation is the warrior fights. The rest of the game I really liked, a bit short thought.
corsair 750tx,
p8p67 pro,
8gig corsair vengeance ,
570gtx,
cm sniper black,
i5 2500k with thermalright cooler,
onboard sound,
Samsung bx2450,
g15 and g9,
Win 7 home prem x64,
xbox 360 controller,
asus 24x dvd writer
OnlyOneKenobi
Moderator Emeritus

Post by OnlyOneKenobi »

I was disappointed with it. It's good, but not as good as any of the previous POP games and not very challenging at all. Not much (or any) replay value either.

Intel Core i7-950 | MSI X58 Pro-E, STK1366 | Geforce GTX470 1280 | 8GB DDR3 1333Mhz RAM | Samsung 226BW Monitor | Windows 7 Home Premium
tjecco

Post by tjecco »

Graphics are good. a little on the anime side but good.

Fighting with the warrior suck most of the time you have to use the prince. game gets quickly boring.

I prefer the previous generation.
NZXT Appollo Case
DFI Intel Blood Iron Infinity P35-T2RL
Core Duo E7500
Corsair XMS2 Low-Latency Memory - DDR2-667MHz - 4GB Kit
Seagate St3250815AS Sata HDD
GTS250 256MB DDR3
Divoom Comet T1 5.1 Speakers
RiaX

Post by RiaX »

wow thanks for the input appreciate it maybe i will save my money for MSG4
sun_walka
Processor: Intel Core i5-4670K 3.4GHz
Motherboard: MSI Z87-G41 PC-Mate
Graphics card: VisionTek Radeon R9 290
Memory: Crucial Balistix Sport 32GB DDR3

Post by sun_walka »

With regards to playing PoP with an ATi card and AA on.

To avoid burning your eyes out (bloom effect glitch, bloom over-exaggerated), turn off AA if you're like me and using 8.11 (8.12 is kinda broken and hit and miss with the 4870X2 and crossfire setups), otherwise in 8.12 the issue apparently is fixed and thus you should be able to play with AA on.

Otherwise known glitches on the site's forums here:-

http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/ ... 7441097317

Edit: it isn't all that bad, I think it's the first good PoP game since sands of time, worth the investment if you're a PoP fan and I personally am one of those who like the environment, music and play it for that, that and the whole wall running thing, timing your falls etc so you don't die (Elika pick you up :roll: ) too much, if you're a sands of time fan this is probably as good as its ever gonna get.
StarBound
Registered Pervert
Processor: Intel i7 4790k
Motherboard: MSI Z97 Gaming 7
Graphics card: MSI GTX780Ti Gaming
Memory: G.Skill Sniper 1866mhz 16GB

Post by StarBound »

If you want to get technical PoP4 is prince of persia sands of time. All these renames to the base title is annoying and then some.
My Steam Screenshots

I lived the dream ...then my PC died.
RiaX

Post by RiaX »

so is it better than tomb raider underworld?.... i prefer actual gamers review rather than reading on ign.com
sun_walka

Post by sun_walka »

RiaX wrote:so is it better than tomb raider underworld?.... i prefer actual gamers review rather than reading on ign.com
Lara Croft looks so good in Tomb Raider Underworld *drool*, if you like puzzles and want a bit more challenge, then Tomb Raider Underworld is what you want if it's a choice between the two, but if you get both I can't guarantee you will like PoP 4, I don't know, I just liked PoP Sands of time and it's good to be able to play a game that gives you some of the feel of that whole experience again if nothing else, to be honest since we have a wave of noob gamers since the wii and gaming becoming "cool", it's gonna take a while before we see anything truly new, excepting Fallout 3 of course, which is a stellar game.

I implore anyone who hasn't played Fallout 3 to give it a whirl, I thought I would absolutely hate it, but lo and behold, tried it once a few days ago (I only got it coz all my friends have it) and now I'm hooked. :)
G8crasha

Post by G8crasha »

I'm worried that a keyboard and mouse configuration will make the game a bit difficult. Devil May Cry 4 was terrible with a keyboard and mouse, and considering PoP is a platformer, I'm a bit worried about the control scheme. Any input regarding this?
Interfan

Post by Interfan »

G8crasha wrote:I'm worried that a keyboard and mouse configuration will make the game a bit difficult. Devil May Cry 4 was terrible with a keyboard and mouse, and considering PoP is a platformer, I'm a bit worried about the control scheme. Any input regarding this?
I had no issues. Infact I tried it with both my k/b and mouse and my rumble pad. I prefered the k/b mouse combo.
corsair 750tx,
p8p67 pro,
8gig corsair vengeance ,
570gtx,
cm sniper black,
i5 2500k with thermalright cooler,
onboard sound,
Samsung bx2450,
g15 and g9,
Win 7 home prem x64,
xbox 360 controller,
asus 24x dvd writer
sun_walka

Post by sun_walka »

G8crasha wrote:I'm worried that a keyboard and mouse configuration will make the game a bit difficult. Devil May Cry 4 was terrible with a keyboard and mouse, and considering PoP is a platformer, I'm a bit worried about the control scheme. Any input regarding this?
Yeah, it's just as well done as Sands of Time, and, in fact, as Starbound has already pointed out is a really pretty redoing of Sands of Time. I like it though. :)
StarBound
Registered Pervert
Processor: Intel i7 4790k
Motherboard: MSI Z97 Gaming 7
Graphics card: MSI GTX780Ti Gaming
Memory: G.Skill Sniper 1866mhz 16GB

Post by StarBound »

sun_walka wrote:Yeah, it's just as well done as Sands of Time, and, in fact, as Starbound has already pointed out is a really pretty redoing of Sands of Time.
er no...

Prince of persia
Prince of Persia 2
Prince of Persia 3D
Prince of Persia: Sands of Time (PoP4)
Prince of Persia: Warrior Within (PoP5)
Prince of Persia: Two Thrones (PoP6)
Prince of Persia (PoP7)

:P

Naming issues. Trust me when I say it becomes an issue once a good game has the name and then a crap game has the same name. eg Black Thorn and Black Thorn. The one most would think of is the Tom Clansy Rainbow Six expansion while the one I would be refering to is the Blizzard side scroller from way way back.
My Steam Screenshots

I lived the dream ...then my PC died.
sun_walka

Post by sun_walka »

Yay, you dissed me. :)
doom5003

Post by doom5003 »

The game looks great and the game play looks smooth but there is one thing that bothers me, the spirit that helps you throught the game. I would like the lone wolf idea much better