New Website, new to website development and ... JOOMLA!

Get help on web editors (Frontpage, Dreamweaver) and web languages (HTML, ASP, PHP).
Stuart
Lead Forum Administrator

Post by Stuart »

You can download Joomla templates and then just create your own logos to replace the existing ones. So look for example at this Joomla template. If you right click on the "JA Fagus" logo and choose properties it will tell you the location of the file. You then create your own logo, give it the same name as that logo and ftp it to overwrite that logo and then yours will appear instead. Assuming you have that template installed on your server, of course. The bonus with most commercial Joomla templates is that they provide you with the Photoshop source files too so it's easy to edit the logos. If you want your own custom design then, yes, you'd have to create your own template. Unfortunately, there aren't, in my opinion, very many good free Joomla templates. Which is why I am a member of JoomlArt.
Stuart
Lead Forum Administrator

Post by Stuart »

Just as a simple example, I used JA Mageia for www.hitechfoam.co.za and just pretty much edited the logos and header images. Otherwise I essentially left the template untouched.

You can play around with the CSS and stuff if you know enough on most of these templates. I don't know enough about it, so I usually leave well enough alone.
Anakha56
Forum Administrator
Processor: Ryzen 1700K
Motherboard: Asus X370
Graphics card: Asus 1060 Strix
Memory: 16GB RAM

Post by Anakha56 »

thanks schase, I have figured out how to go about inputting all your info and things like that :) Its actually very easy to use. It (so far) does not do what I would like to do, so I am downloading Sharepoint to give that a try :P

thanks beerman for showing this to me :D I am going to have fun creating a site for work just to show my boss what it can do :D :P
JUSTICE, n A commodity which is a more or less adulterated condition the State sells to the citizen as a reward for his allegiance, taxes and personal service.
weasel

Re: New Website, new to website development and ... JOOMLA!

Post by weasel »

Can I hijack this thread?

I'm also fairly new to joomla ... I am looking for an extension/module/plugin which will allow me to do the following ...

I want to create a list of acronyms with their full lenght description in the backend, ie

RAM | Random Access Memory
ROM | Read Only Memory
CPU | Central Processing Unit

Whenever one of these acronyms are used in an article on the site (frontend), it must give a tooltip when you hover you mouse over, showing the full description.

I found one plugin doing exactly this, but it doesnt work on Joomla 1.5 ... I email the author but he said he doesnt intend to rewrite the plugin for 1.5
Forum points on Afrikaans thread : 28.700
Stuart
Lead Forum Administrator

Post by Stuart »

weasel wrote:Can I hijack this thread?

I'm also fairly new to joomla ... I am looking for an extension/module/plugin which will allow me to do the following ...

I want to create a list of acronyms with their full lenght description in the backend, ie

RAM | Random Access Memory
ROM | Read Only Memory
CPU | Central Processing Unit

Whenever one of these acronyms are used in an article on the site (frontend), it must give a tooltip when you hover you mouse over, showing the full description.

I found one plugin doing exactly this, but it doesnt work on Joomla 1.5 ... I email the author but he said he doesnt intend to rewrite the plugin for 1.5
What was name of the plugin you found for Joomla 1.0.x?
weasel

Post by weasel »

Stuart wrote:What was name of the plugin you found for Joomla 1.0.x?
Sorry I forgot to mention ... it was called FW Tooltip

I need a similar plugin that would work on J1.5
WiK1d

Post by WiK1d »

We have made every effort to make this version backwards compatible with Joomla 1.0. In order to install 1.0 extensions you will probably need to activate the legacy code plugin. This can be found in the Plugin Manager (it's called "System - Legacy") and you just need to enable it.
weasel

Post by weasel »

WiK1d, that might be what the web says, but I emailed the author when I could get the pluging to work and this is what he answered
Hi,

I am sorry but the plugin is not meant to work in J1.5, legacy or not
I currently have no plans to re-written it to J1.5 environment.

Thanks.