Nag attack on PCF

Questions, comments, suggestions, flames about the magazine? Here's the place.
Prime

Re: Nag attack on PCF

Post by Prime »

Bladerunner, Are you going to use the strategy Vids if you aren't going to buy the Game, Well assuming you aren't pirating it, otherwise Image

:lol:
Tribble
Processor: Intel Core i7-4770K CPU@3.50GHz
Motherboard: ACPI x64-based PC
Graphics card: GeForce GTX 780 Ti
Memory: 16GB

Post by Tribble »

What code are they referring to?
Mow

Post by Mow »

Just for the record only like three of the strategy vids was on tiberium wars and 3 on kanes wrath . Nag have included the other 12 on there dvd. Just for clarity on that topic. Which is really nice of them as the downloads are 300-800mb each.
Asus Rampage Formula : E8400@4000 : 4GB Mushkin Frostbite @1066/5.5.5.15/TRD6
Sapphire 4870 Toxic 1GB: Coolermaster HAF : BlackIce360 Rad : Apogee GT : DTek-Customs Rez.
hamin_aus
Forum Moderator
Processor: Intel i7 3770K
Motherboard: GA-Z77X-UP4 TH
Graphics card: Galax GTX1080
Memory: 32GB G.Skill Ripjaws

Post by hamin_aus »

Mow wrote:Just for the record only like three of the strategy vids was on tiberium wars and 3 on kanes wrath . Nag have included the other 12 on there dvd. Just for clarity on that topic. Which is really nice of them as the downloads are 300-800mb each.
I don't want half my PCF disc full of 500MB vids I'll never watch. Thanks for not including the other 12 vids, PCF!
Siemens
Location: somewhere over the rainbow where katie melua is running from me.

Post by Siemens »

NAG is such AMD/ATI fanbois, extreme hype on their cards , disregarding nvidias cards.
Also their latest DVD only have AMD drivers on it.
"Friends are a lot like potatoes. If you eat them they die." - Stuart
Nab
G3AR Magazine Editor

Post by Nab »

Hey peeps, sorry i got to the storm in a teacup late. As many correctly deduced, its doubtful that NAG where having a dig at us as we have always had a clearly stated policy on reviews, which boils down to test code = preview and not review. The other issue regarding the movies; I took the poll into consideration and while everyone was keen on gadgets there wasn't a strong enough response to justify movies every month, so no worries there.

It's sad that our hardware content is being rated as a killernoob versus Neo and there are again some references to the old copy paste. Please remember that while we are trying hard to add more local love, we do pay a small fortune for UK content and the rights to the PCFormat license and title. The UK team number in the 20s and their access to new equipment is first class and we are more than proud to run their stuff. That said, if for some reason you find a specific UK piece that you don't like please mail me and tell me why!

Sorry I am being brief, but I am on holiday and internet here aint so good! all the best for the holidays

Nic
What you see written above is my opinion and not that of the peeps that put food on my plate.
Mow

Post by Mow »

Siemens wrote:NAG is such AMD/ATI fanbois, extreme hype on their cards , disregarding nvidias cards.
Also their latest DVD only have AMD drivers on it.

I could say the same about PCF and nvidia dude. Neo put a three way sli gtx280 solution is his x58 dream machine this month ? How is that biased ?

Ever think they might have a point dude ? I have just been hanged for comparing Neo ( a veteran apparently ) to a pcf staff member. So maybe neo has a point ?

For the record the 4870x2 now runs 80-100fps more than a gtx280 sli setup in all but crysis and etqw. This performance push also affects the 4850x2 thus crowning ATI with the fastest two cards on the market.

As for the driver . Nvidia didnt release a new driver since the last cd so why include it again ? ATI did release two drivers in one month. one that enables stream and the other pushes the 4870x2's power.

PLEASE DEAR GOD ADMINs LOCK THIS THREAD . IT HAS GONE WAY BEYOND ITS INTENDED GOAL.

the point here was to get your intellectual input on the PCF reviews not to launch an immature(nag like) counter attack on nag.
Sapphire 4870 Toxic 1GB: Coolermaster HAF : BlackIce360 Rad : Apogee GT : DTek-Customs Rez.
Mow

Post by Mow »

jamin_za wrote:
Mow wrote:Just for the record only like three of the strategy vids was on tiberium wars and 3 on kanes wrath . Nag have included the other 12 on there dvd. Just for clarity on that topic. Which is really nice of them as the downloads are 300-800mb each.
I don't want half my PCF disc full of 500MB vids I'll never watch. Thanks for not including the other 12 vids, PCF!

You would rather have the same apps on it for 8 months in a row , is that what your saying ? Those apps include 3mb apps even a person on dialup could download. cmon dude be serious.
Anakha56
Forum Administrator
Processor: Ryzen 1700K
Motherboard: Asus X370
Graphics card: Asus 1060 Strix
Memory: 16GB RAM

Post by Anakha56 »

Mow request granted. This thread has derailed far from the original topic, if anyone needs it unlocked please talk to one of the other mods/admins I will be in a area with no internet connection for the next 3 days...
JUSTICE, n A commodity which is a more or less adulterated condition the State sells to the citizen as a reward for his allegiance, taxes and personal service.