PreModed Cases

General discussion of topics related to modding. Project logs go in the "Project Logs" subforum.
rm5d

PreModed Cases

Post by rm5d »

I would like everyone's opinion on something.

I am thinking of importing a range of premoded gaming cases and modging goodies to sell here in S.A.

I was just wanting to know how much of a market people think there might be for this.

Thanx
DAE_JA_VOO

Re: PreModed Cases

Post by DAE_JA_VOO »

It's not likely to work (the cases). The cases will be very expensive. Even something as simple as STANDARD Lian Li cases cost a fortune. Getting modded ones will cost a hell of a lot more.

Modding STUFF though, that may work. A.C Ryan goodies, all that kind of stuff. If you do it PROPERLY, you can pull it off, i'm sure :)
That guy that used to mod cases. Now I take photos. True story.
rm5d

Post by rm5d »

Here are pics of some of the cases to give you a better idea.

Thanx
Prime

Post by Prime »

Ok, no offense but some of those look hideous. :puke:

secondly, some of them are available locally already. :wink:
I34z1k

Post by I34z1k »

Fugly to the MAAAX :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Frozenfireside

Post by Frozenfireside »

I hate all of them. Weak and ghey.
Soon Google will know everything...including how to divide by zero :(
DAE_JA_VOO

Post by DAE_JA_VOO »

Yep. They're all horribly plastic-ey (can't find the word :P ). The look cheap.

These days, the only cases i will even consider are those that are constructed completely from some form of alu. There are obviously exceptions, but that's a rule a like to stay with.

That Alienware look-a-like looks pretty awesome though. I've always wanted one of those Alienware cases. There's just something so sexy about them.
Prime

Post by Prime »

DAE_JA_VOO wrote:Yep. They're all horribly plastic-ey (can't find the word :P ). The look cheap.

These days, the only cases i will even consider are those that are constructed completely from some form of alu. There are obviously exceptions, but that's a rule a like to stay with.

That Alienware look-a-like looks pretty awesome though. I've always wanted one of those Alienware cases. There's just something so sexy about them.
Apparently alienware cases can be had from ebay. Alienware sells off their second hand, damaged cases :)
DAE_JA_VOO

Post by DAE_JA_VOO »

Yeah, i know you can get them, but they usually cost around $200, which is expensive. That'll work out to close to 3K with shipping and tax, and for that price, you'd be silly not to get a Lian Li or Silverstone instead.
Prime

Post by Prime »

DAE_JA_VOO wrote:Yeah, i know you can get them, but they usually cost around $200, which is expensive. That'll work out to close to 3K with shipping and tax, and for that price, you'd be silly not to get a Lian Li or Silverstone instead.
True. and i am really impressed with my silverstone :mrgreen: I saw their big chassis when i went to buy my little one. OMW! *drool*
DAE_JA_VOO

Post by DAE_JA_VOO »

Prime wrote:
DAE_JA_VOO wrote:Yeah, i know you can get them, but they usually cost around $200, which is expensive. That'll work out to close to 3K with shipping and tax, and for that price, you'd be silly not to get a Lian Li or Silverstone instead.
True. and i am really impressed with my silverstone :mrgreen: I saw their big chassis when i went to buy my little one. OMW! *drool*
Ooh nice, you have one? Which one have you got?

Have you seen the TJ07? *drool*
Prime

Post by Prime »

DAE_JA_VOO wrote:
Prime wrote:
Ooh nice, you have one? Which one have you got?

Have you seen the TJ07? *drool*
Sugo, SG02F :mrgreen: The mATX one.

http://www.silverstonetek.com/products/ ... .php?area=

the Temjin 07 looks really nice. as do the kublia Chassis although i don't like the third gen front :?
rm5d

Post by rm5d »

Didn't go ahead with deal - all the bad response - pity they would have sold not for 3k but under R100.

Thanx
rm5d

Post by rm5d »

Didn't go ahead with deal - all the bad response - pity they would have sold not for 3k but under R100.

Thanx
Prime

Post by Prime »

rm5d wrote:Didn't go ahead with deal - all the bad response - pity they would have sold not for 3k but under R100.

Thanx
Thermaltake cases are almost as expensive as Lian Li cases :? Aerocool Ain't cheap either. :?

honestly, it depends on your clients but if you are wanting to import standard modding accessories, discuss it with the modders online, they are likely to be able to tell you what they'll use.

And infact, modders are your client base :wink: