Fallout 3 opinions

Anything to do with PC gaming goes in here.
Siemens
Location: somewhere over the rainbow where katie melua is running from me.

Re: Fallout 3 opinions

Post by Siemens »

Anakha56 , Try the first one on this page http://www.gamingnewslink.com/2008/10/2 ... on-errors/

ffd is usually under the k-lite codec pack. or ounder other codec packs .and the "debug" menu isn't actually called "debug" mine is under direct show control. It also suposedly helps with the freezing, it did to some extent.

I just hope they release another patch soon.
"Friends are a lot like potatoes. If you eat them they die." - Stuart
Anakha56
Forum Administrator
Processor: Ryzen 1700K
Motherboard: Asus X370
Graphics card: Asus 1060 Strix
Memory: 16GB RAM

Post by Anakha56 »

Siemens wrote:Anakha56 , Try the first one on this page http://www.gamingnewslink.com/2008/10/2 ... on-errors/

ffd is usually under the k-lite codec pack. or ounder other codec packs .and the "debug" menu isn't actually called "debug" mine is under direct show control. It also suposedly helps with the freezing, it did to some extent.

I just hope they release another patch soon.
Tried that already, did nothing the app still crashed... :(

I am busy going through the process of a re-install*6 (different HDD), do the sudio conversion (had to interuppt it last time) then launch the game. If that still does not work then a OS re-install looks likely however I refuse to re-install the OS until other games give me the same problem. So it looks like Fallout 3 is going to be an expensive coffee coaster which reminds me...

I need some coffee...
JUSTICE, n A commodity which is a more or less adulterated condition the State sells to the citizen as a reward for his allegiance, taxes and personal service.
Siemens

Post by Siemens »

Anakha56 wrote:
Tried that already, did nothing the app still crashed... :(

I am busy going through the process of a re-install*6 (different HDD), do the sudio conversion (had to interuppt it last time) then launch the game. If that still does not work then a OS re-install looks likely however I refuse to re-install the OS until other games give me the same problem. So it looks like Fallout 3 is going to be an expensive coffee coaster which reminds me...

I need some coffee...
Ooh, best is to just wait. If you mess up your installation limit it wont do you any good. Rather just wait until there is a new patch or a fix that works.
Then again , if the installation limit ends then you can always crack it
Anakha56
Forum Administrator

Post by Anakha56 »

There is a install limit on this piece of ... ?

sigh bloody securom killing me over day by day...
JUSTICE, n A commodity which is a more or less adulterated condition the State sells to the citizen as a reward for his allegiance, taxes and personal service.
Interfan

Post by Interfan »

There is but unlike the EA version I believe you get your installs back if you uninstall the game.
corsair 750tx,
p8p67 pro,
8gig corsair vengeance ,
570gtx,
cm sniper black,
i5 2500k with thermalright cooler,
onboard sound,
Samsung bx2450,
g15 and g9,
Win 7 home prem x64,
xbox 360 controller,
asus 24x dvd writer
Siemens

Post by Siemens »

Anakha56 wrote:There is a install limit on this piece of ... ?

sigh bloody securom killing me over day by day...
Yeah, it's got drm.
RuadRauFlessa

Post by RuadRauFlessa »

This is a bloody good game. It kept me awake for two nights in a row while I was playing it. Just couldn't stop.
:rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock:
Spoiler (show)
Intel Core i7-2600k @ 3.4GHz
Corsair Vengence 2x4GB DDR3 2000MHz
Thermaltake Toughpower 850W
ASUS nVidia GTX560 1GB
CoolerMaster HAF 932
po10cy

Post by po10cy »

im enjoying it, but i get a little lost tho, im on the mission where you have to take a letter to this ladies family from megaton or something like that, i get to the family where a old man almost grenades me to death, then i go to the family shack, and the mom and dad were chowed by something and the boy is gone, but i cant find the boy?? anyone done this mission? help? where is the boy?

im really enjoying this game aswell, need to put in more hours tho, ive been running around doing side quests, need to focus on the main one for now.

also how does hacking a terminal work? cause all i do is click on random words and exit when i have 1 try left and try again, i cant find a sequence they use...
when in doubt, paddle out... ;)
RuadRauFlessa

Post by RuadRauFlessa »

po10cy wrote:im enjoying it, but i get a little lost tho, im on the mission where you have to take a letter to this ladies family from megaton or something like that, i get to the family where a old man almost grenades me to death, then i go to the family shack, and the mom and dad were chowed by something and the boy is gone, but i cant find the boy?? anyone done this mission? help? where is the boy?
Did this one on my firts night.
Spoiler (show)
It is on the other side of the river. To the North West. In a train station. Just NNW of Linkoln Memorial as far as I can remember.
Spoiler (show)
ASUS nVidia GTX560 1GB
CoolerMaster HAF 932
po10cy

Post by po10cy »

awesome thanks man!
RuadRauFlessa

Post by RuadRauFlessa »

No problemo
Spoiler (show)
ASUS nVidia GTX560 1GB
CoolerMaster HAF 932
Interfan

Post by Interfan »

po10cy wrote:im enjoying it, but i get a little lost tho, im on the mission where you have to take a letter to this ladies family from megaton or something like that, i get to the family where a old man almost grenades me to death, then i go to the family shack, and the mom and dad were chowed by something and the boy is gone, but i cant find the boy?? anyone done this mission? help? where is the boy?

im really enjoying this game aswell, need to put in more hours tho, ive been running around doing side quests, need to focus on the main one for now.

also how does hacking a terminal work? cause all i do is click on random words and exit when i have 1 try left and try again, i cant find a sequence they use...
Read the manual. There are certain sections of the code that if you click them they will remove the duds and also replenishes your retries. They are usually located between ().
corsair 750tx,
p8p67 pro,
8gig corsair vengeance ,
570gtx,
cm sniper black,
onboard sound,
Samsung bx2450,
g15 and g9,
Win 7 home prem x64,
xbox 360 controller,
asus 24x dvd writer
RuadRauFlessa

Post by RuadRauFlessa »

Interfan wrote:

Read the manual. There are certain sections of the code that if you click them they will remove the duds and also replenishes your retries. They are usually located between ().
Ty I haven't read the manual either. That is something usefull.
Spoiler (show)
ASUS nVidia GTX560 1GB
CoolerMaster HAF 932
po10cy

Post by po10cy »

that is very useful, i wondered why when i accidentally clicked a word miss, and got a "#" character or something like that it said "dud removed" or something along that lines. I was just like "okaaaaayyyyyy...?" and carried on lol
Siemens

Post by Siemens »

What about lock picking? I really struggle with that.
Acidkidsa

Post by Acidkidsa »

Siemens wrote:What about lock picking? I really struggle with that.

Lock picking is easy.. Move the pin to a position press Do or A . If it turn all the way round locked pic.
If it doesnt move it a little left or right to get it the lock to turn more.

Save everytime before you pick. If the lock jams or you fail. Load again..
Anakha56
Forum Administrator

Post by Anakha56 »

Right...

Fixed my problem and guess what? It is nothing that I have come across. Took out my one 8800GT so I only had one left and voila it worked :?. Now I have gone into the config file and enabled SLI manually and it still did not work, also disabled SLI via Nvidia control panel and it still refused to launch. Took the card out and now it works :?.

Time to visit the SLI forums over at nvidia...
Anakha56
Forum Administrator

Post by Anakha56 »

Solved my problem, uninstalled everything Nvidia related Motherboard drivers, Physx and GPU and now it works with SLI :?.
RuadRauFlessa

Post by RuadRauFlessa »

Hmmmm. Possibly actually a PhysX problem.
Spoiler (show)
ASUS nVidia GTX560 1GB
CoolerMaster HAF 932
Anakha56
Forum Administrator

Post by Anakha56 »

Could be because I have disabled PhysX, will re-enable to see what happens...
nexus969

Post by nexus969 »

Fallout 3 ... Well what can i completed the game in 4 days playing the primary missions of course and i started playing it again. My personal opinion ... First class game. One of the best games i ever played. Its like oblivion just 100x beta and i did play oblivion and completed it in a day primary missions of course and it also was a great game for me.
AMD Phenom 9750+
ABIT AN78GS mainboard
6GIG Ram 1066mHz
MSI Geforce 9800GT
Creative X-Fi audio Sound card
1.5TB Hard drive space
GIDEON

Post by GIDEON »

congrats Anakha56 now you can stop wying :twisted:
and give us feedback remember dont be angry because you struggled just give you onnest oppinion
Well if it was me I could not play it because I would have driven over the CD with my car. :mrgreen:
Interfan

Post by Interfan »

Anakha56 wrote:Could be because I have disabled PhysX, will re-enable to see what happens...
I have physx enabled and it runs fine but could be just a problem with physx and sli with this game.
corsair 750tx,
p8p67 pro,
8gig corsair vengeance ,
570gtx,
cm sniper black,
onboard sound,
Samsung bx2450,
g15 and g9,
Win 7 home prem x64,
xbox 360 controller,
asus 24x dvd writer
Anakha56
Forum Administrator

Post by Anakha56 »

Well it works with PhysX and SLI :?. Keep in mind I uninstalled everything so the last of the missing piece is mobo drivers and I doubt that they could influence the game but hey it appears that it has.

Quick review...

I'm bored :? Running around getting owned by Super Mutants and Super Scorpions because I dont have enough ammo is getting on my nerves. All while I am trying to find "The Family", found the slavers but not "The Family". I think I have realised something and that is that open world games are boring for me. I mean if I had a horse/car/bike so I can explore faster then I will be happy but I dont so I am bored... :(
halo

Post by halo »

Anakha56 wrote:Well it works with PhysX and SLI :?. Keep in mind I uninstalled everything so the last of the missing piece is mobo drivers and I doubt that they could influence the game but hey it appears that it has.

Quick review...

I'm bored :? Running around getting owned by Super Mutants and Super Scorpions because I dont have enough ammo is getting on my nerves. All while I am trying to find "The Family", found the slavers but not "The Family". I think I have realised something and that is that open world games are boring for me. I mean if I had a horse/car/bike so I can explore faster then I will be happy but I dont so I am bored... :(
Spoiler!! (the tag doesn't work for some reason :( ) [edit]RRF - Errr... Yes it does[/edit]
Spoiler (show)
To find the Family, go to the metro station that old man told you about. Go inside and find the drug maker. Once you speak to him, go inside his place and hide a door that opens into a small room with radiated goo all round, there is a hatch in there that leads to the Family. Remember, done shoot them till you speak to them... :D