Need help with contract for freelance work pls!

Get help on web editors (Frontpage, Dreamweaver) and web languages (HTML, ASP, PHP).
SilverBack

Need help with contract for freelance work pls!

Post by SilverBack »

Hiya!

So I did a quote for this guy for some web development. I kept it low as is and now they want me to review the price and try get it lower. I was like WTF, I gave a low price already and didnt beef anything up. Anyways, Im getting a bit worried should the time come for payment and they start giving grief. So I need a contract for web development, and want them to put down a 40% deposit first.

Anyone have one for me, or know where I can get one? If I cant find one, Im rather gonna cancel this development. Its not gonna be worth hassle.

Cheers
SB :wink:
Deja Moo: The feeling that you've heard this bull before.
Hire A Programmer -|- Just Source Code Blog
maxxis
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Need help with contract for freelance work pls!

Post by maxxis »

Set the following into the quote you send them and insist they sign the quote. That will be a legally binding contract.

[quote]

Terms and Conditions
1. A signed order and 50% deposit is required before any work can commence. This excludes any costs involved with [items]
2. This proposal is valid for [x] days from the date of the proposal.
3. All content and images required for the project are to be provided by the client. This includes but is not limited to [items]
4. Development time is approximately [x] working days not counting feedback and response from client side.
5. The project will not be able to go live until full and final payment has been made and will be hosted on [insert company name] development server until all payment is received in full. Final payment needs to be made within 7-14 days of completion of the work.
6. The project will be completed in 4 stages.
o Stage 1: 50% deposit – [stage details]
o Stage 2: [stage details]
o Stage 3: 50% of balance due - Revision of completed project functionality.
o Stage 4: Final outstanding balance due – Final signoff on completed project. Project will be made live once payment is received.
6. All source files remain the property of [company]. This is includes but is not limited to the [items]. No source files will be sold or provided at any time unless approved in writing by [company name].
7. Errors and omissions excluded

Thank you for the opportunity to offer our services, we trust that the proposal meets with your approval

Hope this helps
po10cy

Post by po10cy »

ygpm dude
when in doubt, paddle out... ;)
SilverBack

Post by SilverBack »

Thanks guys!! Awesomeness!!! :mrgreen:

EDIT : All sorted!
Deja Moo: The feeling that you've heard this bull before.
Hire A Programmer -|- Just Source Code Blog